PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion for trolls on finheaven

Amars
09-28-2005, 02:59 PM
I have suggestion for trolls and how to eliminate most of them. Finheaven should have a 50 post limit before they can "Start a new thread." That will eliminate alot of people who try to ruin the finheaven experience. Just a suggestion that I believe many poster would love so they wont have to read some ridiculous new thread a newbie or fan from another team puts on the message board.

RWhitney014
09-28-2005, 03:55 PM
50 is a lot for that...maybe 10 or 20 or something. Few people will have the patience to sit through even 10 posts before spamming...I'd hope.

Amars
09-28-2005, 05:38 PM
Im just saying 50 so they can be a regular to finheaven and be active before they can start a new thread.

mor911
09-28-2005, 05:46 PM
The Mor was actually thinking 100... But this sytem would eliminate a lot of dumb posts IMO

cnc66
09-28-2005, 05:48 PM
The Mor was actually thinking 100... But this sytem would eliminate a lot of dumb posts IMO

I'm with the Mor, 100 sounds good to me.

harmonkoz
09-29-2005, 05:00 PM
What stops said troll from spamming 50 times in a thread that exists? Then being able to create threads?

From first read, if I was trying to screw with this board... I would head to the testing forum rattle off 50 quick ones, then come back and play... If you bumped it up to 100 I would probably use macro or script.

A troll is a difficult thing to stop... Proxies, Too many freemail servers to keep track of, people who have the ability to create/delete their own email accounts (Most ISP's give 5)... It's a pipedream.

You put this in place and you will be talking about the same problem again in 3 months.

cnc66
09-29-2005, 05:06 PM
What stops said troll from spamming 50 times in a thread that exists? Then being able to create threads?

From first read, if I was trying to screw with this board... I would head to the testing forum rattle off 50 quick ones, then come back and play... If you bumped it up to 100 I would probably use macro or script.

A troll is a difficult thing to stop... Proxies, Too many freemail servers to keep track of, people who have the ability to create/delete their own email accounts (Most ISP's give 5)... It's a pipedream.

You put this in place and you will be talking about the same problem again in 3 months.

some forums do not count for posts.

WharfRat
09-29-2005, 05:16 PM

Exactly.

themole
09-30-2005, 08:36 PM
Find out where they live and then hunt them down and kill them.

WharfRat
09-30-2005, 08:41 PM
Find out where they live and then hunt them down and kill them.

themole :tank: trolls

cnc66
09-30-2005, 08:56 PM
here's one, when someone deliberatly puts a thread in the wrong forum don't move it, lock it up, they would stop in short order, less work for you.

King Nate
09-30-2005, 09:12 PM
here's one, when someone deliberatly puts a thread in the wrong forum don't move it, lock it up, they would stop in short order, less work for you.

Nah, I like themole's idea better. Just kill 'em all. :cooldude: