PDA

View Full Version : if someone quits... how can i get the win? (madden online)

arsenal
09-28-2005, 03:07 PM
so im playing this guy and im winning 20-3 (damn lag on extra point) and just intercepted another pass with like 1 minute left in the half and dude quits, so the box comes up that says connection to oppenent was lost or whatever, and it said (or something similar)

continue against computer
Quit with mercy
quit with no-mercy
*something else*

and i did quit with no mercy thinking since i was up and he quit id get the win... but instead it just shows up on my stats as "--", no win or loss...

so what do i gotta do to get the win if my opponent quits?

mor911
09-28-2005, 03:10 PM
so im playing this guy and im winning 20-3 (damn lag on extra point) and just intercepted another pass with like 1 minute left in the half and dude quits, so the box comes up that says connection to oppenent was lost or whatever, and it said (or something similar)

Quit with mercy
quit with no-mercy
*something else*

and i did quit with no mercy thinking since i was up and he quit id get the win... but instead it just shows up on my stats as "--", no win or loss...

Same exact thing happened to The Mor twice, so.... No answers here.

BigDogsHunt
09-28-2005, 03:14 PM

Quit with mercy
quit with no-mercy
*something else*

I only have ever picked "continue against computer". Never had an issue since I end up winning the game and it records it as a win correctly.

Fudge 101
09-28-2005, 03:56 PM
I only have ever picked "continue against computer". Never had an issue since I end up winning the game and it records it as a win correctly.

i believe the options are end game, quit (no mercy), and continue against CPU. Sadly, EA still has not figured it out that when hey quit, you dont want to continue, you want to leave and take the win. You have to coninue the game and beat the CPU in order to get your win. However, if you go up by 21 points or more, you can mercy the computer and end the game early. In addition, if you choose the quit game (no mercy) option, you WILL recieve stats in terms of rushing yard, td's, int's...etc but you will not recieve the win. Why that is, i have no idea because it so annoying when you just want to take the win and move on.

Predaphin
09-28-2005, 04:02 PM

Quit with mercy
quit with no-mercy
*something else*

You can get the win by continuing vs the CPU, but if you;re past the 3rd qrtr and your winning, it will automatically give you the win even if you dont continue vs the CPU...

You just have to read what it says when your opponent quits

JL25
10-01-2005, 05:38 PM
My opponent disconnected in the first quarter so I elected to continue vs cpu. I played until the third quarter then I get a message saying connection to my opponent was lost and the game ended. I then find out I had lost the game and sayed that I had disconnected even though that I had actually won and didn't disconnect at all. :fire: I had people quit on me before but this is the first time this has happened to me. EA needs to fix this problem. Have any of you experienced this before?