PDA

View Full Version : So whats the deal with the glitches??

BigDogsHunt
09-28-2005, 03:25 PM
I play online mostly against friends that I know. I also know that they like myself dont have a clue how to glitch.

What are these glitches? Are they cheats based on key strokes? Or just cheats based on what the screen shows?

I dont want to know how to do it. I just would appreciate your input on how to spot them.

I do on occasion play randomly online and if someone is using it, I would prefer not to play.

I mean, how many different kinds are there? I have seen snipets on Punt glitch, and run/pass, but dont understand.

thanks

Predaphin
09-28-2005, 03:58 PM
you can notice the punt block glitch when your opponent:

comes out on a punt block formation and begans to switch both of his end players...The reason this is done is because as soon as your kick meter starts up, his guys will stop switching back and forth, thus letting him time your kick so he may block it.

The way to stop this is by pressing pause, and immiedetly after the pause, punt the ball.

I tried this last night on some guy and he was stubborn after the first pause that he would actually block it....well, I got the best of him, you only get 3 pauses, and after he found out that I would pause after his intent to glitch, he would still come after my punter right after my pause, well, it costed him 2 key 4th downs....I was awarded a "1st and 10" both times and I ended up winning a very close game....he was a high ranked guy.

He did try and counter my "punt block counter glitch" in his last effort by calling a timeout after my last pause, this caused me to use a timeout because the game will only let you pause it once in between the plays...so I paused it and he called timeout, he came back out on a Punt block formation and I couldn;t pause it anymore, so I wasted a Timeout, came out on a max protect formation and kicked the ball out of bounds.

Unfortunetly, about 3 games later, I was playing another high ranked player who happened to use the disconnection glitch :( :( :(

After I stopped him on a key 3rd down in the 4th qrtr, he immiedetly pushed pause and right before it took me to the menu screen it said "You have lost your connection to your opponent" , it didn't even give me a chance to continue vs the CPU....there was no lagg or anything. :(

Predaphin
09-28-2005, 05:06 PM
Here's the guy's profile that used the disconnection glitch on me...
EA Name : IDONTPASSYO
http://www.easports.com/madden06/scouting_zone.jsp?platform=ps2&player=IDONTPASSYO

I found this also very strange....If you check out his most recent games and go to my game with him, you'll see on his profile that he beat me 45-14, yet when you go to my profile.... ---->>> http://www.easports.com/madden06/scouting_zone.jsp?platform=ps2&player=IxShutdownXI

, it says he beat me 17-14....what the f!!????

I stopped this guy in the 4th qrtr and he could not stop my offense when I was going to win the game he used that damn glitch.

BigDogsHunt
09-29-2005, 10:56 PM
you can notice the punt block glitch when your opponent:

comes out on a punt block formation and begans to switch both of his end players...The reason this is done is because as soon as your kick meter starts up, his guys will stop switching back and forth, thus letting him time your kick so he may block it.

The way to stop this is by pressing pause, and immiedetly after the pause, punt the ball.

I tried this last night on some guy and he was stubborn after the first pause that he would actually block it....well, I got the best of him, you only get 3 pauses, and after he found out that I would pause after his intent to glitch, he would still come after my punter right after my pause, well, it costed him 2 key 4th downs....I was awarded a "1st and 10" both times and I ended up winning a very close game....he was a high ranked guy.

He did try and counter my "punt block counter glitch" in his last effort by calling a timeout after my last pause, this caused me to use a timeout because the game will only let you pause it once in between the plays...so I paused it and he called timeout, he came back out on a Punt block formation and I couldn;t pause it anymore, so I wasted a Timeout, came out on a max protect formation and kicked the ball out of bounds.

Unfortunetly, about 3 games later, I was playing another high ranked player who happened to use the disconnection glitch :( :( :(

After I stopped him on a key 3rd down in the 4th qrtr, he immiedetly pushed pause and right before it took me to the menu screen it said "You have lost your connection to your opponent" , it didn't even give me a chance to continue vs the CPU....there was no lagg or anything. :(

Thanks....its so weak for a person to "glitch" their way to a win. Either play the game or dont.

Actually, the two features I wish Madden would allow:

1) Calling a Challenge online...the CPU still makes mistakes and not being able to challenge or atleast replay for smack talking a bad call is dumb. Challenges help in Franchise mode so why not allow them for online play?

2) Loved the "inside the helmet" view that ESPN offered. Would be great if Madden brought this into its Franchise mode. Its a blast to be the QB or RB or WR, etc, and see the action in 1st person mode from their perspective....really is a great feature.

Anyway, thats for the tips for spoting punt glitch.

wazzy
09-29-2005, 11:03 PM
Here's the guy's profile that used the disconnection glitch on me...
EA Name : IDONTPASSYO
http://www.easports.com/madden06/scouting_zone.jsp?platform=ps2&player=IDONTPASSYO

I found this also very strange....If you check out his most recent games and go to my game with him, you'll see on his profile that he beat me 45-14, yet when you go to my profile.... ---->>> http://www.easports.com/madden06/scouting_zone.jsp?platform=ps2&player=IxShutdownXI

, it says he beat me 17-14....what the f!!????

I stopped this guy in the 4th qrtr and he could not stop my offense when I was going to win the game he used that damn glitch.

Yo thats just low for people to do. I think its bull**** that there are still ways people can get away with it.

Predaphin
09-30-2005, 12:49 PM
Yo thats just low for people to do. I think its bull**** that there are still ways people can get away with it.

definetly, I just recieved a message from EA stating i had -331 ranking points in that game....All that matters is that deep down inside, that guy knows that there is a better madden player out there than him.... I can beat his @$$!

Predaphin
10-05-2005, 06:18 PM
I play online mostly against friends that I know. I also know that they like myself dont have a clue how to glitch.

What are these glitches? Are they cheats based on key strokes? Or just cheats based on what the screen shows?

I dont want to know how to do it. I just would appreciate your input on how to spot them.

I do on occasion play randomly online and if someone is using it, I would prefer not to play.

I mean, how many different kinds are there? I have seen snipets on Punt glitch, and run/pass, but dont understand.

thanks

What is a glitch?

Apparently a lot of people do not understand what a glitch is.

Put simply a glitch is a flaw in the game that can be exploited AND is unrealistic.