PDA

View Full Version : THE RANT: Please shut up, whining Jets fans

finfan75
09-28-2005, 04:50 PM
A rant from Richard Deitsch

"A message for Jets fans: Quit your whining, please. And enough already with the "Same Old Jets" cry. Despite your annual proclamations about rooting for the most snakebitten franchise in professional sports, there's a Vasily Alexeyev-sized line ahead of you. Yes, Chad Pennington is likely gone for the year. Yes, last year against the Steelers, Doug Brien missed a makeable field goal that would have sent your team to the AFC Championship. But make no mistake: You are not and will never be the Chicago Cubs of the NFL.

Newsflash: You actually won a Super Bowl. And, just as important, you've never lost one. We don't care if your moment in the sun came 36 years ago. You'll get no sympathy here. You won a championship, and here's list of the NFL teams that haven't: Arizona, Atlanta, Buffalo, Carolina, Cleveland, Cincinnati, Detroit, Houston, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Minnesota, New Orleans, Philadelphia, Seattle, and Tennessee. Nearly half of the teams in the league have never tasted a title. You have. So enough already. Yes, life stinks. Yes, you're now playing for a spot in the Matt Leinart Lottery. But until your team endures something truly miserable --- say, losing four Super Bowls in a row --- nobody wants to hear it."

Firesole
09-28-2005, 04:52 PM

"A message for Jets fans: Quit your whining, please. And enough already with the "Same Old Jets" cry. Despite your annual proclamations about rooting for the most snakebitten franchise in professional sports, there's a Vasily Alexeyev-sized line ahead of you. Yes, Chad Pennington is likely gone for the year. Yes, last year against the Steelers, Doug Brien missed a makeable field goal that would have sent your team to the AFC Championship. But make no mistake: You are not and will never be the Chicago Cubs of the NFL.

Newsflash: You actually won a Super Bowl. And, just as important, you've never lost one. We don't care if your moment in the sun came 36 years ago. You'll get no sympathy here. You won a championship, and here's list of the NFL teams that haven't: Arizona, Atlanta, Buffalo, Carolina, Cleveland, Cincinnati, Detroit, Houston, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Minnesota, New Orleans, Philadelphia, Seattle, and Tennessee. Nearly half of the teams in the league have never tasted a title. You have. So enough already. Yes, life stinks. Yes, you're now playing for a spot in the Matt Leinart Lottery. But until your team endures something truly miserable --- say, losing four Super Bowls in a row --- nobody wants to hear it."

Best part of that excerpt......

ch19079
09-28-2005, 04:54 PM
But until your team endures something truly miserable --- say, losing four Super Bowls in a row --- nobody wants to hear it."
trust me... noone wants to hear about that again.

im reminded of it on a daily basis. :shakeno:

BennyVW
09-28-2005, 04:55 PM
LMAO... They weren't even a SB team with penington and ears.

DeathStar
09-28-2005, 05:13 PM
LMAO... They weren't even a SB team with penington and ears.

lot of people picked them to be on the super bowl on espn.

BigDolphan
09-28-2005, 05:47 PM
a friend of mine told me before the season started that the jets would be in the Super Bowl. (he's a Jets fan.)

I told him that he was probably right...they'd be sitting in section 301 rows F and U.

Kinzua
09-28-2005, 09:35 PM
a friend of mine told me before the season started that the jets would be in the Super Bowl. (he's a Jets fan.)

I told him that he was probably right...they'd be sitting in section 301 rows F and U.

That's funny. :rofl3:

Phin19
09-28-2005, 10:31 PM

the colts actually won SB V

nyrican
09-29-2005, 09:18 AM

yep and you and your best friend will be right there with him sitting in section
301 rows C and K... :lol:

BigDolphan
09-29-2005, 12:44 PM
yep and you and your best friend will be right there with him sitting in section

I hope so. God I'd love to see a superbowl live.:D

Marino1983
09-30-2005, 05:19 PM
No one is expecting the Phins to be a s-b team REEKin!
But there sure is // WAS quite a few so called experts that predicted this was the jest year...
:shakeno:

Marino1983