PDA

View Full Version : Week 4 starters..Sit ALEXANDER????

topcopusaf23
09-29-2005, 06:04 PM
Okay here are my starters for Week 4, in a must win game to take over 1st place. It's also against my brother so I'd like the bragging rights.

QB- Marc Bulger vs. NYG
RB- Shaun Alexander vs. WAS
RB- Edge James vs. TEN
WR- Torry Holt vs. NYG
WR- Michael Clayton vs. DET
WR- TJ Housh vs. HOU
TE- Alge Crumpler vs. MIN
K- John Casay vs. GB
D- NYG (Figure get the pts back for Bulgers losses)

Bench
QB's Drew Brees vs. NE, Brian Griese vs. DET
RB- Cadillac Williams vs. DET (DO I bench Alexander?)
WR- Terry Glenn vs. OAK (Brother is starting Bledsoe)
WR- Jerry Porter vs. DAL
TE- Jermaine Wiggins vs. ATL
K- Lindell vs. NO

1pt/10 yds rushing/recieving 6 for TD
1pt/20 yds passing 6 for td -2 for INT

Please help w/ input.

Mile High Fin
09-29-2005, 06:26 PM
Alexander is a TD machine....
Caddy is not.....

Play Alexander.

wazzy
09-29-2005, 06:45 PM
Sit Edge and start Cadillac! Manning will have a machine game!

Kucha
09-29-2005, 09:48 PM
Sit Edge and start Cadillac! Manning will have a machine game!

Ditto that. Alexander and the Cadillac all the way. Edge is good but I'd start those two ahead of him...actually, I would never sit Alexander.

phinpunk14
09-30-2005, 01:24 PM
The only player I would ever start in front of alexander is LT, and even then I would probably have to look at the matchups.

topcopusaf23
09-30-2005, 03:46 PM
So sit Edge? I may sit Cadillac before that. Edge will get plenty of yards as the defense tries to stop the pass.

alx
10-01-2005, 08:47 PM
Wow.... how did u end up with Edge and Alexander???

topcopusaf23
10-01-2005, 09:41 PM
I initially had Alexander and holmes but w/ him splitting carries I traded him for Edge and holt. who would you start in my situation?

byroan
10-01-2005, 10:01 PM
I think you should bench Alexander. Here's why:

1) Even though the Skins have only played 2 games, they have the #2 rushing defense in the league. Thomas and Julius Jones aren't that bad. Yea, Shaun's a lot better but how much success will he have against the Redskins? It's also being played in Washington's house.

2) Caddy is going against Detroit. The only reason Detriot isn't near the bottom of rushing defense, is GB's O-line. They're pathetic this season. Thomas Jones rattled off 130+ yards against Detroit with 2 td's. Tampa also is at home for this game.

3) Edge is playing a pretty stout defense against the Titans. They're a better team than I thought they would be even at 1-2. Willie Parker had a field day against Tennessee but it was played in Pittsburgh and they have a nice Oline. With Edge you always have to worry about Manning passing inside the 5. If you wanted to start Alexander, I'd bench Edge. I think Caddy is a must play.

Just my opinion of course. :tongue: