PDA

View Full Version : Suprised we have not signed a DT

dolphan39
11-29-2001, 11:47 PM
since the Denver O line likes to spend their hard earned money on fines for illegal blocking tactics.

From Miami is ready for low blows (http://www.miami.com/herald/content/sports/football/dolphins/digdocs/022231.htm):

On Oct. 28, Denver guard Dan Neil's alleged low block on Patriots linebacker Bryan Cox broke Cox's leg. He was fined $15,000 for an illegal block. One week earlier, Matt Lepsis was fined $15,000 for a low block that broke the left ankle of San Diego Chargers defensive end Maa Tanuvasa.

Coach Mike Shanahan said the fines -- which he called ``warranted,'' other than the one on Neil for allegedly injuring Cox -- have not impacted his line's aggressiveness.

:monkey: cheap shots

phinsphan4ever
11-30-2001, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by dolphan39
since the Denver O line likes to spend their hard earned money on fines for illegal blocking tactics.

From Miami is ready for low blows (http://www.miami.com/herald/content/sports/football/dolphins/digdocs/022231.htm):

:monkey: cheap shots

I agree with you 39!:eek:

dolphan39
11-30-2001, 11:18 AM
from http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news/ap/20011129/ap-nflfines.html

NEW YORK (AP) -- John Mobley was fined $20,000 by the NFL on Thursday, while LaVar Arrington received a $15,000 fine and Tra Thomas was hit for $7,500.

Mobley, the Denver Broncos linebacker, was fined for grabbing the face mask of the Cowboys' Peppi Zellner and dragging the Dallas player to the ground in a Thanksgiving Day game.

Mobley was pursuing Dallas punt returner Reggie Swinton on Swinton's 65-yard return for a touchdown in the fourth quarter when he encountered Zellner near the goal line. As the two tangled, Mobley grabbed Zellner's facemask and violently threw him to the turf.

Zellner remained down for several minutes, but eventually walked off the field.

Mobley said Zellner was ``talking to me all game, every time I went out there on the punt team. Did I snap? Yeah. I was pretty frustrated. The frustration just mounted to a point where I kind of lost it.''

``I wasn't trying intentionally to do damage to him,'' he added. ``I felt myself falling back, and I said, `If I'm falling, he's going with me.'''

Prior to the NFL's action against Mobley, seven Broncos had been fined a total of $135,029 this season.

dolfan06
11-30-2001, 11:24 AM
should be on this team, you know, kind of localize the dirty play! :D

dolphan39
11-30-2001, 11:29 AM
The Jets are just as bad as the Broncs, they are just better at getting away with it.

dolfan06
11-30-2001, 11:37 AM
love each other so much, maybe we could combine the 2 teams then! :goof:

SMadison29
12-01-2001, 02:36 AM
Russell Maryland turned down Wanny's offer too. We are running out of potential pick ups.

Dolfan984
12-01-2001, 03:35 AM
If the Jets get the Broncos, we get the Rams. Just look at the skill positions!

O:

QB: Warner
RB: Faulk
FB: Konrad
TE: Goodwin
WR: Bruce
WR: Holt
WR: Chambers
WR: Gadsden

D:

CB: Madison
CB: Williams
NickleCB: Surtain
FS: Marion
SS: (Have to go with) Walker
LB: Thomas
LB: Rodgers
LB: (I don't know the Rams SSLB) :goof:

dolphan39
12-01-2001, 11:31 PM
Q: Denver's offensive line has been accused of some illegal chop blocks that have seriously hurt some players, such as Bryan Cox. Is this something that Miami should be aware of Sunday? Ryan VanHoover, Liverpool, New York

A: First, let me clarify the Cox play. He appears to have broken his leg when landing awkwardly while jumping, not because of a cut-block like he first thought. Cox later apologized for blaming Denver's blocking. That being said, the Broncos are notorious for chop-blocking that can maim opposing defensive linemen. Hopefully, the referees will watch the line situation and penalize Denver if appropriate. Trust me: Dolphins defensive linemen will enter the game on the lookout for such tactics.

from http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sfl-marvezqa.htmlstory

SMadison29
12-02-2001, 01:47 AM
Cmon 984 the Rams SSLB is Fields. & Archuleta is already better than Brian Walker.

Section126
09-28-2004, 07:45 AM
WTF is this?