PDA

View Full Version : SMACK from WEEK 5 Power Rankings

BigBadBuc
10-04-2005, 05:36 PM
ESPN :shakeno:

Let's see here. We have a better record than the Panthers. We BEAT the Panthers.

But they are ranked higher than we are. Typical ESPN.

Look at that. Even ESPN can't be fooled. :lol:

DolphinDevil28
10-04-2005, 05:36 PM
Look at that. Even ESPN can't be fooled. :lol:

What the hell are you talking about?

BigBadBuc
10-04-2005, 05:42 PM
After we go 4-1 and beat the Bucs.

Beat us at RayJay? :rofl3:

Ask the Falcons about RayJay. Even they know it ain't cake, even with Superman.

You guys have yet to play a defense like ours. When Brett Favre says this is the best he's ever seen the Buc defense, I believe him. Gus Frerotte better reserve a spot on the injured reserve.

We plan to go into our bye week 6-0.

WharfRat
10-04-2005, 05:45 PM

You guys have yet to play a defense like ours. When Brett Favre says this is the best he's ever seen the Buc defense, I believe him. Gus Frerotte better reserve a spot on the injured reserve.

Save the smack for the appropriate forum.

DolphinDevil28
10-04-2005, 05:47 PM

For the life of me I cannot understand how Tampa fans are so cocky.

Really.

You do realize, YOU SHOULD HAVE LOST TO THE LIONS!!!!! If it wasn't for the ref GIVING you that game on that complete B.S. overturned call, you would have just as many losses as we do right now. One.

Seriously, a note to all Tampa fans: YOUR TEAM WILL ALWAYS BE SECOND FIDDLE. THE MIAMI DOLPHINS ARE FLORIDA'S TEAM. THE BUCS ALWAYS HAVE BEEN, AND ALWAYS WILL BE THE LITTLE RED-HEADED STEP CHILD OF FLORIDA SPORTS.

That is all.

WharfRat
10-04-2005, 05:48 PM

Really.

You do realize, YOU SHOULD HAVE LOST TO THE LIONS!!!!! If it wasn't for the ref GIVING you that game on that complete B.S. overturned call, you would have just as many losses as we do right now. One.

Seriously, a note to all Tampa fans: YOUR TEAM WILL ALWAYS BE SECOND FIDDLE. THE MIAMI DOLPHINS ARE FLORIDA'S TEAM. THE BUCS ALWAYS HAVE BEEN, AND ALWAYS WILL BE THE LITTLE RED-HEADED STEP CHILD OF FLORIDA SPORTS.

That is all.

Dude... Please don't feed the trolls... I JUST got finished telling him to keep smack out of the main forum...

DolphinDevil28
10-04-2005, 05:50 PM
Dude... Please don't feed the trolls... I JUST got finished telling him to keep smack out of the main forum...

Sorry warf, ignorance is the only thing on these boards that just drives me bananas.

CashInFist
10-04-2005, 05:51 PM

Your 4 wins: Minnesota, Buffalo, Green Bay, and Detroit. Combined record 3-12. Sounds like you guys are paper champions to me.

Miami is 2-1. Our two wins were against Denver and Carolina. Their W/L total is 5-3.

We crushed powerhouse Denver 34-10. Your only lopsided victory is against the struggling Bills. Your other victories:

1. Green Bay - Barely won 17-16.
2. Detroit - 17-13.
3. Minnesota - 24 13.

Yeah...you guys are studs. :rolleyes:

BigBadBuc
10-04-2005, 05:57 PM

Really.

The right call was made. Refs don't overturn calls when evidence does not support it. They saw enough to justify it.

That is all.

Ouch.

{I was going to insert Marino joke here, but thought the wiser}

Dolfan5000
10-04-2005, 05:58 PM
Your 4 wins: Minnesota, Buffalo, Green Bay, and Detroit. Combined record 3-12. Sounds like you guys are paper champions to me.

Miami is 2-1. Our two wins were against Denver and Carolina. Their W/L total is 5-3.

We crushed powerhouse Denver 34-10. Your only lopsided victory is against the struggling Bills. Your other victories:

2. Detroit - 17-13.
3. Minnesota - 24 13.

Don't worry, they'll be off of cloud nine after they play us.

WharfRat
10-04-2005, 06:05 PM
EVERYBODY.... stop feeding the trolls!!!

Dadgummit!!! I really wish you guys would read the entire thread before you post something in response to smack on the main board. This is how good threads get sent to the depths.

The next post better be on topic... or that's where this is going.

DolphinDevil28
10-04-2005, 06:05 PM
The right call was made. Refs don't overturn calls when evidence does not support it. They saw enough to justify it.

I disagree. I had no reason to pull for or against the Lions anyway, so I am going completely by what I witnessed and what others on TV said.

I can see if they originally called it out of bounds. It would be easy to call it a non-TD.

But they called it a TD. There was NO conclusive evidence that warrented an overturn.

When the ball was in Pollard's arm, not moving and secure, there was about a half inch in between his knee and the sideline.

Even other analysts said after it should have stood as a TD.

PassRush
10-04-2005, 06:17 PM

RayJay?

What is it with all these abriviations of stadium names?

"The Link"
"The Ralph"
"RayJay"

As far as your point goes(not very), I dont think you understand what kind of team you are two weeks away from facing. Caddy is an awesome runner, that given, look at our run defense and what respectable backs we have shut down. Yes, Clayton and Galloway could cause us alot of problems if Griesy can get time to throw. That is a big "if". Griesy reminds me of a younger Drew Bledsoe(no offense, as Griesy ranks much higher in my book), our passrush and blitz packages are nothing to take lightly.
Our offense has been effective thus far and that is NOT going to change. We have too many weapons, especialy with Williams returning.

BigBadBuc
10-04-2005, 06:25 PM

2. Detroit - 17-13.
3. Minnesota - 24 13.

So your point is that we beat the teams that we should have beat?

at GB - That win was huge for us. Especially when you consider that we hadn't won in GB since 1989. And as a former Black and Blue division rival, that's huge.

at Minnesota - We completely dominated the Vikes. Had it not been for a rookie TE mistake, we'd have won 27-6 or more. But, it is what it is. We took care of business.

vs Detroit - We beat the Lions despite the best efforts of our QB to lose. After 4 TO's, to still come out and win...... gutsy.

In a league with so much parity, what else do you expect?

Do you take anything away from the Pats because it took late game heroics to win. Thrice!!! A win is a win in this league.

It took a stupid decision by Jake Delhomme for you guys to beat the Panthers, and what can I say about Jake Plummer. That team came out just as flat as the Vikes did with us. The Broncos post-Elway are no powerhouse. They show signs of life every now and again, but really are nothing special. And you lost to a team that is likely to challenge the Texans for the #1 pick.

Dolfan5000
10-04-2005, 06:29 PM

at GB - That win was huge for us. Especially when you consider that we hadn't won in GB since 1989. And as a former Black and Blue division rival, that's huge.

at Minnesota - We completely dominated the Vikes. Had it not been for a rookie TE mistake, we'd have won 27-6 or more. But, it is what it is. We took care of business.

vs Detroit - We beat the Lions despite the best efforts of our QB to lose. After 4 TO's, to still come out and win...... gutsy.

Do you take anything away from the Pats because it took late game heroics to win. Thrice!!! A win is a win in this league.

It took a stupid decision by Jake Delhomme for you guys to beat the Panthers, and what can I say about Jake Plummer. That team came out just as flat as the Vikes did with us. The Broncos post-Elway are no powerhouse. They show signs of life every now and again, but really are nothing special. And you lost to a team that is likely to challenge the Texans for the #1 pick.
When they had a QB... and all that **** you came up for the reasons why your team is so badass is complete bull. Stats don't lie.

CashInFist
10-04-2005, 06:45 PM

Green Bay is 0-4...enough said.

at Minnesota - We completely dominated the Vikes. Had it not been for a rookie TE mistake, we'd have won 27-6 or more. But, it is what it is. We took care of business..

Minnesota is 1-3...enough said.

Your team should have lost. That win was given to them. Everyone but Tampa fans know this to be true. Even so, Detroit is not a playoff team this year, IMO.

The Pats won't make the playoffs this season. Their run is over...finally.

It took a stupid decision by Jake Delhomme for you guys to beat the Panthers,

How about looking at it from this point of view:

1. We had a good lead early in the game.
2. Instead of Jake Delhomme making a stupid decision, how about or defense making a critical play late in the game to set up the game winning field goal?

and what can I say about Jake Plummer.That team came out just as flat as the Vikes did with us. The Broncos post-Elway are no powerhouse. They show signs of life every now and again, but really are nothing special. And you lost to a team that is likely to challenge the Texans for the #1 pick.

How about your futile attempt to downplay our a$$-kickin' win we had against a true contender, blaming it on Denver coming out flat? :rolleyes: They are 3-1 now and handed the Chiefs and Jaguars their lunch. Get a clue.

NorthFloridaFin
10-04-2005, 06:46 PM
Wow, another cocky Buccaneer fan. I bet you've been a fan you're whole life. Let me guess, you go to every game and in the late '80's and early 90's you were one of the few and proud who went to the home games, just to wear a paper bag over your head.

cnc66
10-04-2005, 06:54 PM
Wow, another cocky Buccaneer fan. I bet you've been a fan you're whole life. Let me guess, you go to every game and in the late '80's and early 90's you were one of the few and proud who went to the home games, just to wear a paper bag over your head.

I lived and worked in Brooksville and my boss was a season ticket holder of the Bucks. We used to have a weekly contest to provide him with the most stylish bag, he did not really appreciate this effort as much as we did, I never got that....

NorthFloridaFin
10-04-2005, 06:56 PM
I lived and worked in Brooksville and my boss was a season ticket holder of the Bucks. We used to have a weekly contest to provide him with the most stylish bag, he did not really appreciate this effort as much as we did, I never got that....

Yeah, I just find it funny, because you couldn't find a Buc' fan really until about 6-7 years ago, when they started winning more than 3 games a year.

BigBadBuc
10-04-2005, 07:04 PM
As far as your point goes(not very), I dont think you understand what kind of team you are two weeks away from facing. Caddy is an awesome runner, that given, look at our run defense and what respectable backs we have shut down. Yes, Clayton and Galloway could cause us alot of problems if Griesy can get time to throw. That is a big "if". Griesy reminds me of a younger Drew Bledsoe(no offense, as Griesy ranks much higher in my book), our passrush and blitz packages are nothing to take lightly.
Our offense has been effective thus far and that is NOT going to change. We have too many weapons, especialy with Williams returning.

I can counter by bringing up the same point. Our defense is ranked far above what yours is, #1 in the league.

We also have shut down some premier RB's so far. I don't see your two-headed monster of Ronnie and Ricky causing us too many headaches. A strong blitzing defense can always be neutralized by a good run game.

And no, your offense doesn't exactly strike fear into the hearts of opposing defenses. You have Randy McMicheal and Chris Chambers. We have the best coverage LB in the NFL and a pair of solid CB's, one of which is excellent at hunting down RB's and QB's.

In two weeks, expect a 10-7 game. Something to the tune of what the Redskins and Bears did week 1. It won't be for the weak of heart.

BigBadBuc
10-04-2005, 07:30 PM
Stats don't lie.

You are absolutely right. In 4 games played, we have yet to lose. We have a wounded dog in the NY Jets next, and I fully expect to go to 5-0.

At the end of the day, that is the stat that matters most.

DolphinDevil28
10-04-2005, 08:25 PM
I can counter by bringing up the same point. Our defense is ranked far above what yours is, #1 in the league.

We also have shut down some premier RB's so far. I don't see your two-headed monster of Ronnie and Ricky causing us too many headaches. A strong blitzing defense can always be neutralized by a good run game.

And no, your offense doesn't exactly strike fear into the hearts of opposing defenses. You have Randy McMicheal and Chris Chambers. We have the best coverage LB in the NFL and a pair of solid CB's, one of which is excellent at hunting down RB's and QB's.

In two weeks, expect a 10-7 game. Something to the tune of what the Redskins and Bears did week 1. It won't be for the weak of heart.

Well, at least you posted a realistic score, not some 30-3 shinnanigans.

Marino1983
10-04-2005, 09:51 PM

C Williams is already hurt because gruden is riding him like a horse.. Smart game planning! :rolleyes2
"We plan to go into our bye week 6-0."
"We" What the F*** position do YOU play?
Jock resuscitator?
And T Dungy planned on winning a s-b as a Yucks h-c too..
But the McKay's decided to grin-F*** him instead..
YOU dumb@$$ butt-pirate fans like to crow alot,, let's see how long griese can hold this patchwork pewter facade together..
:www:

Marino1983

Marino1983
10-04-2005, 10:07 PM
Really and the pewter pu&&ies offense does? :rofl3:
How do YOU know this? "We have the best coverage LB in the NFL" Back up this idiotic statement with FACT'S!
F***ing T BAY rump ranger..

Marino1983

PHINPHOURLIFE
10-04-2005, 11:25 PM

we are not the falcons!!! last i checked caddy is shy a 20" rim:eek: , and griese ball is hurtin, so watch your tongue sport! the jets are gonna set you up for a loss against us, hows 5 and 1 sound b!tc#:rofl3:

oh i will be there 2 pu$$Y:lol:

FinaticalOne
10-05-2005, 08:36 AM

And you're 4-0 becasue????? Don't beat your chest just yet, you guys have a good defense, I give props when do, but you haven't played a real defense yet. Detriot (1-2), Green Bay(0-4), Minnesota(1-3), and Buffalo(1-3) and this week you play the Jets (1-3) with a third string QB or a geriatric QB for their starter....puhleeze :rolleyes:. Minnesota, Buffalo, and Jets are ranked 32, 31, and 28 in stopping the run. All the teams you played so far, are non-playoffs teams whose weakness caters to your teams strenghth (running the ball). The best defense you played so far was Detriot (#15 overall, #14 against run), and you barely walked out of "RayJay" with a win. In my opinion, Detriot beat themselves that day.

So in retrospect; you haven't played a team with a defense like ours (#8 in total defense and #3 against the run).

We've played Denver (3-1, #6 Defense overall, #4 against the run) and the result was 151 yds rushing (426 yds total), Jets w/Pennington starting (hated division rival; 1-3) always a tough game no matter what the record or stats say, and Carolina (2-2, #18 in total defense, #6 against the run) and result was 141 yds rushing (315 yds. total).

Our run defense dominated three excellent running teams, holding them to a 2.9 per carry average.

Your team faced teams (except Buffalo) that can't buy a running game. 4 of the 5 teams your Bucs faced (incl. the Jets) are ranked #22, #27, #28, and #30 in rushing.

Our team has been tested early, we have the 2nd toughest schedule in the league.

Come back and talk when you've played a real team, right now our focus is Buffalo (another hated division rival) :fire: .

Kinzua
10-05-2005, 09:24 AM
C Williams is already hurt because gruden is riding him like a horse.. Smart game planning! :rolleyes2
"We plan to go into our bye week 6-0."
"We" What the F*** position do YOU play?
Jock resuscitator?
And T Dungy planned on winning a s-b as a Yucks h-c too..
But the McKay's decided to grin-F*** him instead..
YOU dumb@$$ butt-pirate fans like to crow alot,, let's see how long griese can hold this patchwork pewter facade together..
:www:

Marino1983

Certainly long enough to disabuse the Fishies of their delusions of greatness (ie playoffs)!!!! :rofl3:

Kinzua
10-05-2005, 09:26 AM
we are not the falcons!!! last i checked caddy is shy a 20" rim:eek: , and griese ball is hurtin, so watch your tongue sport! the jets are gonna set you up for a loss against us, hows 5 and 1 sound b!tc#:rofl3:

oh i will be there 2 pu$$Y:lol:

If you're going to be at the game, Phonetically Challenged, the Bucs will surely win!!! :rofl4: :rofl4: :rofl4:

PHINPHOURLIFE
10-05-2005, 09:49 AM
If you're going to be at the game, Phonetically Challenged, the Bucs will surely win!!! :rofl4: :rofl4: :rofl4:

was i talking to you? i would be a little more worried about your suck as_ team than whats gonna take place in tampa in 2 weeks.:shakeno:

spydertl79
10-05-2005, 01:04 PM
You expect the Bucs to actually have a homefield advantage? About 25% of the fans there will be cheering against the Bucs.

Kinzua
10-05-2005, 02:03 PM
was i talking to you? i would be a little more worried about your suck as_ team than whats gonna take place in tampa in 2 weeks.:shakeno:

Oh, pardon me, Phonetically Challenged, but shouldn't you follow your own advice??? The Carp lost the only game they played outside of South Florida so far. Oh, yeah, the temp's gonna be in the 50's, so your Stinky Fish ought to bring their long underwear!!!! :rofl4:

Your carp will be caught, carved, and fricassied at the Ralph come Sunday!!!! :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Then they get to play the Bucs!!!! :sidelol:

Kinzua
10-05-2005, 02:05 PM
You expect the Bucs to actually have a homefield advantage? About 25% of the fans there will be cheering against the Bucs.

:sidelol: After the Carp fall to 2-2, all the Miami fans in TB will find "better things to do". :roflmao:

BigBadBuc
10-05-2005, 05:28 PM
Your team should have lost. That win was given to them. Everyone but Tampa fans know this to be true. Even so, Detroit is not a playoff team this year, IMO.

Nor are the Jets.

The Pats won't make the playoffs this season. Their run is over...finally.

That wasn't the point, because I too don't think they'll win again. The point was that they won 3 Super Bowls by a combined margin of 9 points. Does that in any way take away from the fact that they won? No.

How about looking at it from this point of view:

1. We had a good lead early in the game.
2. Instead of Jake Delhomme making a stupid decision, how about or defense making a critical play late in the game to set up the game winning field goal?

When your done with that juice, pass it this way.

How about your futile attempt to downplay our a$$-kickin' win we had against a true contender, blaming it on Denver coming out flat? :rolleyes: They are 3-1 now and handed the Chiefs and Jaguars their lunch. Get a clue.

You going on the record as saying Jake Plummer didn't blow that game?

BigBadBuc
10-05-2005, 05:38 PM
Well, at least you posted a realistic score, not some 30-3 shinnanigans.

I expect classic smash-mouth football on the 16th. Both teams will be playing tough defense, and not very many points will be put up on either side.

It would be a good idea to start either defense in the fantasy leagues.

Marino1983
10-05-2005, 08:51 PM
Certainly long enough to disabuse the Fishies of their delusions of greatness (ie playoffs)!!!!
:lolcry:
Speaking of "delusions of greatness" how did YOUR billy's do against the yuckies popZIT?
Just because YOUR 4 CHOKES had their collective @$$es handed to them by pewter pu$$y's don't try to place the Dolphins in that LOSER format!!
DUMB@$$ wildebeest pole-smoker..

Marino1983

spydertl79
10-07-2005, 07:38 PM
I expect classic smash-mouth football on the 16th. Both teams will be playing tough defense, and not very many points will be put up on either side.

It would be a good idea to start either defense in the fantasy leagues.
I'm not going to say for sure which team is better because your team is yet to face a true test so I don't know how good they are.