PDA

View Full Version : Angel fans, YOU SUCK

TerryTate
10-04-2005, 08:54 PM
I saw A-Rod get nailed by a Bartolo Colon in the ribs...and it was not on purpose. He turned and fell partially, kinda made my stomache feel a little uneasy.

I loathe the yankees, but the fact that the Angels fans cheered as he was struggling just really angers me.

Have some freaking class! :fire:

MikeO
10-04-2005, 09:03 PM
and A-Rod didn't flip the crowd the bird. But if he did I am sure some would have defended him! lol (see college football are of message board with Vick thread)

Nappy Roots
10-04-2005, 09:11 PM
i go to devil rays games all year. and everytime the rays hits a player, as long as its not at the head, i cheer. im old school on baseball like that. i love pedro martinez for not being afraid to hit anyone. i love pitchers that tell hitters that wear 5 pounds of protective gear and crowd the plate to get the **** off my plate.

PHINATIC13
10-04-2005, 09:33 PM
:cry: :cry: :cry: need a tissue!

dob72
10-04-2005, 10:27 PM
yeah like the yankee fans wouldn't cheer

Slappy8800
10-04-2005, 11:17 PM
has nothing to do with what team u like, people are just POS...yes its great, let me push your mother down the stairs and then celebrate....fun!

Ray Finkle
10-04-2005, 11:27 PM
yeah like the yankee fans wouldn't cheer

Personally I don't think there would be ANY team that there fans didn't cheer if their best pitcher hit the best hitter on the other team whether on purpose or not. It's just the way the game is and people are I guess.

I mean if Randy Johnson hit David Ortiz, Yankee fans would cheer.
If Schilling hit Arod, Red Sox fans would cheer.
If Mark Prior hit Sammy Sosa, Cub fans would cheer.

It's all teams.

P.S. Did anyone else think it was funny that after Arod got hit FOX showed a close up of Matsui and he mouthed "Ouch"?

FinsNYanksFan13
10-04-2005, 11:40 PM
I would cheer, but then again I'm an animal LMAO. I got no problem with what the Angels fans did. They earned the right to do that by getting this series to start in Anaheim. With that said though you know that hurt A-Rod. Bartolo was hitting 95-97 tonight. Matsui had the right idea, I was saying Ouch from my couch!

dob72
10-05-2005, 12:50 AM
i don't think its that bad anyone remeber when michael Irvin got hurt and the phlly fans were cheering while his neck was placed in a brace and the trainers' cart rolled onto the field

King Nate
10-05-2005, 03:48 AM
i don't think its that bad anyone remeber when michael Irvin got hurt and the phlly fans were cheering while his neck was placed in a brace and the trainers' cart rolled onto the field

I remember that. Philadelphia has the worse fans in all of sports.

FIN-IN-RI
10-05-2005, 08:29 AM
I would cheer, but then again I'm an animal LMAO. I got no problem with what the Angels fans did. They earned the right to do that by getting this series to start in Anaheim. With that said though you know that hurt A-Rod. Bartolo was hitting 95-97 tonight. Matsui had the right idea, I was saying Ouch from my couch!

:yeahthat:

TT.. Hitting guys is kind of part of the game, especially in the playoffs..

I see where your comming from though.. If AROD got hit in the head I would agree with your sentiments.

MikeO
10-05-2005, 09:40 AM
hitting guys is not part of the game. Moving guys off the plate is one thing. Hitting them is another.

FIN-IN-RI
10-05-2005, 09:41 AM
hitting guys is not part of the game. Moving guys off the plate is one thing. Hitting them is another.

Some hitters dont get the message .. Hitting guys with a breaking ball in the back or the gut is part of the game. It just is.

nyjunc
10-05-2005, 09:44 AM
I saw A-Rod get nailed by a Bartolo Colon in the ribs...and it was not on purpose. He turned and fell partially, kinda made my stomache feel a little uneasy.

I loathe the yankees, but the fact that the Angels fans cheered as he was struggling just really angers me.

Have some freaking class! :fire:

I agree w/ you but most sports fans today will not, it's a shame fans are losing class each year. It's one of those things that makes me embarrassed to be a fan.

FIN-IN-RI
10-05-2005, 09:50 AM
I agree w/ you but most sports fans today will not, it's a shame fans are losing class each year. It's one of those things that makes me embarrassed to be a fan.

embarrassed...aaaayyy

MikeO
10-05-2005, 09:56 AM
Some hitters dont get the message .. Hitting guys with a breaking ball in the back or the gut is part of the game. It just is.

It isn't part of the game. I disagree.

FIN-IN-RI
10-05-2005, 09:57 AM
It isn't part of the game. I disagree.

maybe you guys are right.. i just think that it can be used as a form of intimidation if a hitter wants to make love to home plate

Nappy Roots
10-05-2005, 10:39 AM
maybe you guys are right.. i just think that it can be used as a form of intimidation if a hitter wants to make love to home plate

no, it is apart of the game. an important part of the game. every ball player that made this game today will tell you its apart of the game. i played the game, i dont know if u guys did, but even in high school i made people hit people. its definitly part of the game.

nyjunc
10-05-2005, 10:55 AM
no, it is apart of the game. an important part of the game. every ball player that made this game today will tell you its apart of the game. i played the game, i dont know if u guys did, but even in high school i made people hit people. its definitly part of the game.

It is, as long as guys aren't throwing at heads it's ok but fans shouldn't erupt in cheers when Rodriguez gets hit and then writhes in pain.

MikeO
10-05-2005, 11:12 AM

Moving him off the plate I have no problem with. Pitching inside. Brush back. All good. But taking a ball, throwing a pitch with the ONLY intention of hitting someone, that isn't baseball.

QB2RonnieTD23
10-05-2005, 11:50 AM
I was at Veterans Stadium in 1999 when Michael Irvin suffered the neck injury that ended his career. Like the 70,000 people around me, i cheered. Because i hated Michael Irvin, he was a jerk, a punk and just such a good player i couldn't stand it. Of course i didn't realize the injury was THAT serious at the time, looking back now i wouldn't have done it. But it's something that comes natural to fans, especially when you're dealing with hated teams like the Cowboys or Yankees.

Ray Finkle
10-05-2005, 12:02 PM
Moving him off the plate I have no problem with. Pitching inside. Brush back. All good. But taking a ball, throwing a pitch with the ONLY intention of hitting someone, that isn't baseball.

Back in the day with pitchers like Bob Gibson if a player hit a home run then the next batter would get drilled in the back or butt (never a head shot). If a player looked at the pitcher funny he'd get drilled. I think it's part of the game but sometimes it gets out of hand.

FIN-IN-RI
10-05-2005, 01:15 PM
It is, as long as guys aren't throwing at heads it's ok but fans shouldn't erupt in cheers when Rodriguez gets hit and then writhes in pain.

She just had a little wind knocked out of her.

FaninPatsyLand
10-05-2005, 01:37 PM
She just had a little wind knocked out of her.

:lol:

FinsNYanksFan13
10-05-2005, 01:54 PM
At the end of the day Colon owed A-Rod. A-Rod embarrassed him at the Stadium earlier in the year, taking Colon deep twice, one for a Granny. If there was any spot I'd have Colon hit A-Rod, it was where he hit him. Hitting is a part of the game and Colon did the right thing IMO. Not in the sense that you should intentionally throw at people but in the sense that Colon knew A-Rod owned him so he gave him a nice fastball in the back as if to say, not in these playoffs. Nothing wrong with that at all IMO. I'm not mad at Colon. Had A-Rod gotten hurt though I would be on here with a different opinion. But he didn't and that's all that matters!

Ray Finkle
10-05-2005, 04:37 PM
At the end of the day Colon owed A-Rod. A-Rod embarrassed him at the Stadium earlier in the year, taking Colon deep twice, one for a Granny. If there was any spot I'd have Colon hit A-Rod, it was where he hit him. Hitting is a part of the game and Colon did the right thing IMO. Not in the sense that you should intentionally throw at people but in the sense that Colon knew A-Rod owned him so he gave him a nice fastball in the back as if to say, not in these playoffs. Nothing wrong with that at all IMO. I'm not mad at Colon. Had A-Rod gotten hurt though I would be on here with a different opinion. But he didn't and that's all that matters!

I agree with everything you said 100%. This is baseball and getting hit is part of the game. If Arod, Colon, Vlad, Manny or any other ball player doesn't want to get hurt then maybe they should take up soccer.

MikeO
10-05-2005, 08:40 PM
Back in the day with pitchers like Bob Gibson if a player hit a home run then the next batter would get drilled in the back or butt (never a head shot). If a player looked at the pitcher funny he'd get drilled. I think it's part of the game but sometimes it gets out of hand.

It's not part of the game. And pitchers who do that garbage are scum.

Ray Finkle
10-05-2005, 09:30 PM
It's not part of the game. And pitchers who do that garbage are scum.

You must have been torn rooting for Clemens those couple of Yankees in NY then huh?

MikeO
10-05-2005, 09:40 PM
You must have been torn rooting for Clemens those couple of Yankees in NY then huh?

dYep! oesn't mean I agree with it pr jo, because he was on the NYY.

I don't like Ricky Williams and he is on the Fins. I support the Fins doesn't mean I like Ricky or support him the player.

Ray Finkle
10-05-2005, 09:42 PM
dYep! oesn't mean I agree with it pr jo, because he was on the NYY.

I don't like Ricky Williams and he is on the Fins. I support the Fins doesn't mean I like Ricky or support him the player.

pr jo?

MikeO
10-05-2005, 09:46 PM
pr jo?

Ouch, had my hand on the wrong keys for a while there. "doesn't mean I agree" that should read.

Ray Finkle
10-05-2005, 09:50 PM
Ouch, had my hand on the wrong keys for a while there. "doesn't mean I agree" that should read.

It's cool I just wasn't sure if it was short for something or whatever.