PDA

View Full Version : History of the Madden Curse

PhinsPhan
10-05-2005, 12:40 AM
Players started to appear on the box for the Madden 2000 game. Remember that the game edition is a year in advance. Ex. Madden 06 is out right now but it is 2005

Barry Sanders - 2000 - First player to appear on the madden box. He retired.

Eddie George - 2001 - Averaged 3 YPC that season. Bobbled a pass in the playoffs that was picked off by Ray Lewis and returned for a TD. Injured the following year and has not had a meaningful year since.

Daunte Culpepper - 2002 - Threw 32 TDs and an amazing 36 INTs in the two years that followed.

Marshall Faulk - 2003 - Suffered an injury and a bad season. He still hasn't and probably won't break 1000 yards since that season.

Michael Vick - 2004 - Broken leg in the pre-season. Fibula to be exact.

Ray Lewis - 2005 - After MVP season has a substandered season. All statistical categories are down. He ended up with 0 INTs and 1 sack. Oh and Baltimore didn't even make the playoffs.

Donovan McNabb - 2006 - Yet to be seen. Good year thus far but he is already getting beat up and has two minor injuries. It will be interesting to see how this turns out.

wazzy
10-05-2005, 12:42 AM
Mcnabb maybe he will choke in the finals 2 years in a row.

jnewmant
10-05-2005, 12:46 AM
i wouldn't call a sports hernia a minor injury i'm not a McNabb fan but he's one tough sob for playing with it.

PhinsPhan
10-05-2005, 12:52 AM
i wouldn't call a sports hernia a minor injury i'm not a McNabb fan but he's one tough sob for playing with it.

I think that is besides the point. I just find that list a little bit erie.

Phinsfan1980
10-05-2005, 01:16 AM
Players started to appear on the box for the Madden 2000 game. Remember that the game edition is a year in advance. Ex. Madden 06 is out right now but it is 2005

Barry Sanders - 2000 - First player to appear on the madden box. He retired.

Eddie George - 2001 - Averaged 3 YPC that season. Bobbled a pass in the playoffs that was picked off by Ray Lewis and returned for a TD. Injured the following year and has not had a meaningful year since.

Daunte Culpepper - 2002 - Threw 32 TDs and an amazing 36 INTs in the two years that followed.

Marshall Faulk - 2003 - Suffered an injury and a bad season. He still hasn't and probably won't break 1000 yards since that season.

Michael Vick - 2004 - Broken leg in the pre-season. Fibula to be exact.

Ray Lewis - 2005 - After MVP season has a substandered season. All statistical categories are down. He ended up with 0 INTs and 1 sack. Oh and Baltimore didn't even make the playoffs.

Donovan McNabb - 2006 - Yet to be seen. Good year thus far but he is already getting beat up and has two minor injuries. It will be interesting to see how this turns out. I would say McNabbs injuries are more than just minor. A couple of solid hits to the chest and he may be done for the year.

Predaphin
10-05-2005, 12:12 PM
the madden curse is alive!