PDA

View Full Version : What a joke of a feedback system

PhinsPhan
10-05-2005, 08:30 PM
Well I just turned on my xbox after playing some jackass last night and suddenly I have XXXXs for my feedback.

Here is what I want to know. I always say GG after a game, I never use any glitches and play straight up. I don't use hot routes, I rarely audible and I call regular defenses. I blitz 25% of the time. I don't even scramble. I never disconnect. I take my licks. I have 0% DNF. I never pull of stupid **** at the end of the game like burning through pauses etc. Hell I never even run up the score. I even wait till about the 2:50 4th quarter before I think it is fair to try and run out the clock.

I play this guy last night and he just did hot routes the entire game and then at the end sent me a message saying LOL you suck LOL. I simply said OK. Now I have f'en XXXXXs. What a poor rating system.

How do I get check marks filled in anyways? Does no one give good feedback?

Predaphin
10-06-2005, 12:14 PM
hardly anyone gives good feedback....I always give good feedback to finheaven memebers.....but basically, anyone is vulnerable to a bad feedback even when you're a straight player....that's what happend to me about 100 wins ago.

kastofsna120
10-06-2005, 12:30 PM
i don't play online much, so what's wrong with hot routes?

Deus Ex Dolphin
10-06-2005, 03:42 PM
As good as Xbox Live can be, feedback and how to handle it need some work. Things are supposed to change some with the Xbox 360, so maybe they have some better ideas on how to make it work.

I got to beta test Xbox Live back in August 2002, and it was very cool. Knowing that there was only about 5000-10,000 people online, and that your feedback mattered. Almost everyone I played NFL2K3 with was willing to talk; about Xbox Live, how was the lag, what state you were in, etc.

It was a friendly gaming environment --you knew wouldn't last. Once everyone could buy a subscription things got worse. Punk kids, cheaters and only a few willing to talk.

That is why I tell everyone how important it is to have a good Friends List to draw from. People you "know" and have gamed with before. You take your chances when you just play a random game.

I wish more games, like sports games especially, kept track of a list of stats you'd want to know before gaming with someone. For football for example, how often they go for it on fourth down (70% of the time? Cheeser) or how often they disconnect/did not finish (40% of the time? Why bother?).

Things will never be as good as the beta days, but a few more things could be done to improve how it is now. At least MS is working on it, while Sony and Nintendo seem to have no plan or clue.

PhinsPhan
10-12-2005, 02:47 AM
i don't play online much, so what's wrong with hot routes?

I just find they make the game too easy. It is much easier to come up with your own money plays than to run the ones the computer has. For example you call your TE to do an out and your WR to do a slant when you see it is man. You are garunteed a catch. There is nothing that wrong with hot routes I just find people end up abusing them.

Predaphin
10-12-2005, 06:39 PM
I just found out that if you get enough people to give positive feedback on you, those XXXXX's will dissapear! ;)

PhinsPhan
10-14-2005, 12:33 AM
I just found out that if you get enough people to give positive feedback on you, those XXXXX's will dissapear! ;)

I figured that much. I just don't find enough people on Xbox to play madden with.

gramos0621
10-14-2005, 12:52 AM
hey if you ever see me on we can play!! the xbox name is EN16MA that goes for anyone. im always willing to play. im 3-1 right now with the fins its so awesome!!:D

kastofsna120
10-19-2005, 11:30 PM
I just find they make the game too easy. It is much easier to come up with your own money plays than to run the ones the computer has. For example you call your TE to do an out and your WR to do a slant when you see it is man. You are garunteed a catch. There is nothing that wrong with hot routes I just find people end up abusing them.
yeah but that's realistic. if you see the defense doing something wrong, you exploit it. whether that's before or after the play. it's not like they can't do anything to prevent it; they have to be on the ball, too

PhinsPhan
10-20-2005, 09:54 PM
yeah but that's realistic. if you see the defense doing something wrong, you exploit it. whether that's before or after the play. it's not like they can't do anything to prevent it; they have to be on the ball, too

I know what you are saying but have you ever played someone who does it every play? There is simply not enough defensive adjustability to compensate for what the offense has. I think more than anything is the AI doesnt react well to hot routes. It seems that when the route has been changed the defensive player just plays to what the play would have been.

PhinsPhan
10-20-2005, 09:56 PM
hey if you ever see me on we can play!! the xbox name is EN16MA that goes for anyone. im always willing to play. im 3-1 right now with the fins its so awesome!!:D

i'll send you a friend request my name is the same as my finheaven name.

kastofsna120
10-22-2005, 09:58 PM
I know what you are saying but have you ever played someone who does it every play? There is simply not enough defensive adjustability to compensate for what the offense has. I think more than anything is the AI doesnt react well to hot routes. It seems that when the route has been changed the defensive player just plays to what the play would have been.
well doing it on EVERY play isn't realistic. usually when i see an OLB is about to blitz, i'll do a quick slant with the receiver on that side. however, just changing every route before the snap is kinda lame....if that's what he's doing, that's dumb