PDA

View Full Version : The three best QB's weren't even Drafted this year

Alex13
10-05-2005, 10:32 PM
Timmy Chang: best NCAA QB didn't get drafted because hes chinese
Brock Berlin: had alot of success in life from junior high to high school and in College but didn't get picked because of his Height and weight.
Jason White: Hiesman Trophy winner but didn't get picked because he was to short

poornate
10-05-2005, 10:34 PM
Chang: Product of a system

Brock Berlin: Weak intangibles.

White: Bad, bad knees.

Be realistic.

vinivedivichi
10-05-2005, 10:37 PM
Those weren't the 3 best quarterbacks.......

BigScuingili
10-05-2005, 10:44 PM
Berlin was top 3 best? Wow

tylerdolphin
10-05-2005, 10:48 PM
Im not sure Berlin is exactly a great NFL QB LOL.
Chang will go down as a very great college QB. He wouldnt make it in the NFL though
White has retired. His knees were very bad, like someone else already said

Phinadict
10-05-2005, 10:54 PM
Brock Berlin: had alot of success in life from junior high to high school and in College but didn't get picked because of his Height and weight.
Jason White: Hiesman Trophy winner but didn't get picked because he was to short

That has to win "the most rediculous comment of the day" award.

Change: So the NFL is driven by prejudice rather than results?
Berlin: too many weaknesses t omake it at the next level (proven in camp)
White: Every football fan and their harping wives knew his knees were shot.

MNFINFAN
10-05-2005, 11:00 PM
wow this has to top them all, I have seen some amazing posts here but this is the creme de la creme of them all. wow not really sure how to rebut this asinine post but Alex, your last name wouldn't be Chang by any chance?

1. Tim Chang, amazing produst of a system that does not transfer well to the Pro Game.

2. Brock might not have been drafted but he was picked up as UDFA, given a chance and did not even make the PS.

3. White great QB, but even he knew he couldn't make it in the NFL with those knees.

Anyway Alex, thanks for the laugh mate.

Bigbucks24
That has to win "the most rediculous comment of the day" award.

Change: So the NFL is driven by prejudice rather than results?
Berlin: too many weaknesses t omake it at the next level (proven in camp)
White: Every football fan and their harping wives knew his knees were shot.

I second that.

paskerbrandon
Sonnie Cumbie was one he!! of an NCAA QB. What ever happened to him?

kastofsna120
10-05-2005, 11:26 PM
this has to be a joke thread :lol:

MDFINFAN
10-05-2005, 11:29 PM

:eek:

Will I'll give you props for atleast saying why you think this way, it's better than just saying these were the best three without any reason..but I must say I have to disagree with you on those three based on really a lot of what ppl have already posted here..so I won't add.

McDuffie81
10-05-2005, 11:39 PM
Jason White: Hiesman Trophy winner but didn't get picked because he was to shortTimmy Chang sucks through and through as as an NFL prospect.
Brock Berlin admittedly is the best of the 3 but still falls short of NFL standards thus far.
Jason White has the heart and brains but has dreadful knees and cant throw a spiral past 30 yrds.....rag for an arm. :shakeno:

texasPHINSfan
10-06-2005, 12:18 AM
LoL.... funniest post of the year, hands down.

didn't get drafted because he was chinese???? LoL!

Phinsfan1980
10-06-2005, 12:21 AM
Jason White: Hiesman Trophy winner but didn't get picked because he was to short Wow you seriously need to be slapped by Mel Kiper. :yell:
Chang was a total product of the system. He makes too many mistakes and is on the short side.
Berlin is too short and isn't productive enough.
White has too terrible knees and chokes big time when the pressures on ala Shane Falco in the replacements. :rofl3:

Phinsfan1980
10-06-2005, 12:23 AM
and Jason White retired and it wasn't because NFL teams don't respect him.

yankeehillbilly
10-06-2005, 02:09 AM

Yeah...those were the 3 best QBs alright.

"Chang could stick as a backup in the NFL, but he would have to operate in a West Coast offense, so not to expose his accuracy problems with the deep ball. He might be better suited playing north of the border in Canada or in the Arena League."........NFL.com draft prospect page

Berlin couldnt make the team competing against the likes of AJ Feeley, Sage Rosenfels, and Gus Frerotte. Worse yet, he couldnt even make the practice squad.

Jason White didnt get picked because his knees wouldnt have lasted a month in the NFL. Teams knew it....fans knew it....average joe on the street knew it.....I suspect even the animals at your local zoo knew it.

Yeah, those were really the best 3 QBs available all right.

PSUFinFan
10-06-2005, 02:09 AM
I think he was saying that these were the best qb's in college, success wise. I mean it is hard to argue with that fact, but success in college does not mean success in the pro's.

SMadison29
10-06-2005, 02:14 AM
Brock Berlin: Weak intangibles.

Brock had great intangibles. He didn't have great accuracy, height, or ability to read a defense from under center.

AirFishOne
10-06-2005, 12:34 PM
Sonnie Cumbie was one he!! of an NCAA QB. What ever happened to him?

Anyone can be a great QB when your offesne only throws 40+ yarders every play of the game

Also on Chang, didnt he also have the record for most interceptions?

Berlin lost his chance.

White had bad knees, if he wouldnt of tore em up I still cant see him doing good but he would prob make the team

kastofsna120
10-06-2005, 12:41 PM
berlin was TERRIBLE. the ONLY reason, and i mean the ONLY reason he got any interest from ANY NFL team was because he played for the hurricanes. he has NO arm on him whatsoever and was HORRIBLE at throwing simple out passes, which are very common in the NFL. he was only effective throwing short-medium passes out of the shotgun where he felt no pressure and had several receivers playing against a nickel/prevent defense. he's short, has bad mechanics, makes horrible decisions.....one of the worst QBs in college football last year

DonShula84
10-06-2005, 06:09 PM
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Alex13
11-05-2005, 12:04 AM
I think he was saying that these were the best qb's in college, success wise. I mean it is hard to argue with that fact, but success in college does not mean success in the pro's.

thats what i was getting at, thanks for backin me up

byroan
11-05-2005, 12:07 AM

:rofl:

Dors156
11-05-2005, 02:04 PM
wow this guy is so wrong.

unifiedtheory
11-05-2005, 03:31 PM

2nd Worst thread ever.

harman097
11-08-2005, 03:14 AM
Chang - NCAA Career Passing Leader, also most NCAA Career INT's. And he didn't have an nfl caliber cannon.
White - he got his shot in Titans training camp and, as he and the entire nation knew would happen, his knees couldn't take it

this post was really really bad