PDA

View Full Version : who pre-ordered a 360?

Slappy8800
10-06-2005, 05:44 PM
i just did today, not guaranteed before christmas but i dont care really....

Buddwalk
10-06-2005, 05:46 PM
no way dude too much money where in my case it could be spent else where...like a car and a line 6 podxt live :D

Predaphin
10-06-2005, 07:07 PM
when's the release date?????? and what's the asking price???

I know my local EBgames guy told me the PS3 is aimed for an April 2006 release

mor911
10-06-2005, 07:26 PM
The Mor wants one, but not for a game most people are looking forward to.

The Mor wants Oblivion.
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/rpg/theelderscrollsivoblivion/index.html

Dudeman
10-06-2005, 07:26 PM

Sony is releasing PS3 in Japan before they do in the states, so its probably more like a late summer early fall 2006 release....

I'm going to preorder a 360 when I get around to it. I dont care when I get it either (hopefully obviously by Christmas), but I'm not a launch freak like a lot of people.

The 360 Premium package is $400, which is the only way to go. The core package is just a huge waste

RAS25
10-06-2005, 07:34 PM
:hump:
http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/736/736206.html
ghost recon 3

cant wait for the new splinter cell either

kastofsna120
10-06-2005, 08:39 PM
no way dude too much money where in my case it could be spent else where...like a car and a line 6 podxt live :D
i've heard some negative things about the podxt

Buddwalk
10-06-2005, 08:44 PM
i've heard some negative things about the podxt

Tell that to Dday :lol:

Slappy8800
10-06-2005, 08:59 PM
360 release date nov 22

i cant wait for call of duty2 :drool:

Deus Ex Dolphin
10-07-2005, 02:52 AM

Xbox 360 launches on November 22nd, with the Core system for $299 or the Premium bundle for $399. The Premium bundle includes the hard drive, HD cables for your HDTV, headset for Xbox Live, wireless controller, remote control for DVD and Media Center PC and is by far the better deal.

Did the EBgames guy say Sony was launching on April 1st by any chance? (think about it :D ) Cause there is no way, NO WAY the PS3 will be here that early. Maybe in Japan, maybe. North America and Europe won't see the PS3 until late 2006, like September or so.

byroan
10-07-2005, 02:56 AM
www.every10minutes.com

:couch:

Slappy8800
10-07-2005, 02:59 AM
yea i have about 30 caps, im waiting till the last minute to enter them into a drawing

byroan
10-07-2005, 03:03 AM
I found this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/400-unused-mnt-dew-pepsi-caps-get-gear_W0QQitemZ5622182864QQcategoryZ19272QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Normally there's a lot of auctions with soda caps around NCAA tourney time. I guess everyone wants to use their xbox caps. :lol:

Prime
10-07-2005, 09:26 AM
Xbox 360 launches on November 22nd, with the Core system for $299 or the Premium bundle for $399. The Premium bundle includes the hard drive, HD cables for your HDTV, headset for Xbox Live, wireless controller, remote control for DVD and Media Center PC and is by far the better deal.

Did the EBgames guy say Sony was launching on April 1st by any chance? (think about it :D ) Cause there is no way, NO WAY the PS3 will be here that early. Maybe in Japan, maybe. North America and Europe won't see the PS3 until late 2006, like September or so.

Thanks man. My Dad and i will prob go to Wal-Mart the day before it comes out to wait in line for it.

UltraDol-Fan
10-07-2005, 10:41 AM
I want Battlefield 2 and Perfect Dark

Predaphin
10-07-2005, 12:15 PM

Yeah, sounded kind of early to me....the reason I asked him was because I was purchasing a new PS2 (old one borke down) ...but that's what he told me...he didn't say "april 1st"...he said "sometime around April 2006"

Agent51
10-07-2005, 02:52 PM
The Mor wants one, but not for a game most people are looking forward to.

The Mor wants Oblivion.
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/rpg/theelderscrollsivoblivion/index.html

That game is going to be BADA$S. I have the Morrowid for XBox that has the three games in one, it is the ONLY game of its type I play, as I am pretty much 100% sports or racing, aside from GTA games. I read about Oblivion way back when the 360 was first announced, it was in a Game Informer issue on next-gen games, it looks CRAZY. I'm not getting 360 on launch, I prolly won't even get it before I get PS3, cuz I like playstation WAY more than XBox. The one game I am looking forward to though is Test Drive Unlimited. That game not only looks NASTY, but its set on the Island of Oahu, Hawai'i, which is where I live for 5 months out of the year. It is 100% recreated too, like the True Crimes game did with LA, so it's going to be awesome just cruisin around the island to all my favorite places, but in a video game. It was pretty fun to do in True Crimes cuz I live near LA, but lets face it, LA isn't even close to Hawai'i, lol. Plus in Test Drive you get all sorts of crazy cars like Lambos and stuff, it's gonna be awesome.

Predaphin
10-07-2005, 05:06 PM
damn, the graphics look sweet....it's like playing in a movie....

tempting, very tempting to buy....I'm going to try and wait for the PS3 though....

which do you guys think will be better???

mor911
10-07-2005, 05:37 PM
damn, the graphics look sweet....it's like playing in a movie....

tempting, very tempting to buy....I'm going to try and wait for the PS3 though....

which do you guys think will be better???
The Mor's not sure if it's gonna be a matter of better... Think it's gonna be more of a matter of taste. When it comes down to it, when you wanna play certain titles, you'll need one... When you want other titles, you'll need the other.

When judging games like Madden or NBA live (games across all platforms), it's a matter of which controller you are most comfortable with, and if the graphics and such are significantly better on one over the other.

Again, The Mor believes it'll be more of a matter of tatse... :)

Predaphin
10-07-2005, 06:57 PM
Does the mor know if they will charge a fee for using Xbox live on the 360??? (just like they do on Xbox)

Fudge 101
10-07-2005, 07:10 PM
Does the mor know if they will charge a fee for using Xbox live on the 360??? (just like they do on Xbox)

HA HA, id say check IGN to confirm, but i believe the basic xbox live, email, messaging, and updates will be free its like basic internet. To actually PLAY the game online against people like the current version, you will have to pay to play period. I personally think paying to play is better as the servers are all kept up better. I think microsoft has the right idea controlling everything with THEIR servers instead of sony who puts the game companys in charge of the online portion.

Motion
10-08-2005, 05:38 AM

Theres gonna be 2 different levels of Live for the 360. Gold and Silver, silver is free and has limited features, Gold has everything and you have to pay for it.

Motion
10-08-2005, 05:40 AM
www.every10minutes.com (http://www.every10minutes.com/)

:couch:

yea i have about 30 caps, im waiting till the last minute to enter them into a drawing

Thats what I'm going for too. I have 95 caps so far and haven't drank a drip of soda. :lol:

Motion
10-08-2005, 05:40 AM

What makes you so sure?

XxFiN FaNxX
10-08-2005, 09:00 AM
im 3rd in line in the store i reserved it in...im juss gettin the core system and buying wat i need later...the guy said 4 come in a box so im guranteed one the day it shows up

XxFiN FaNxX
10-08-2005, 09:02 AM
o and also...the mor knos what hes talkin about...elder scrolls IV is one of the better games that are goin to be released with the box..i put down on that and of course madden

Motion
10-08-2005, 09:15 AM
o and also...the mor knos what hes talkin about...elder scrolls IV is one of the better games that are goin to be released with the box..i put down on that and of course madden

Madden is gonna suck. Its just a shell of the current game. Next year's should ba sweet though. If I get a 360 I want "Saints Row" and "Frame City". Ghost Recon has been delayed til February.

#84Fan4Life
10-08-2005, 12:02 PM
Pre-ordered and paid a couple of months ago. I get mine release day.

Deus Ex Dolphin
10-08-2005, 05:37 PM
What makes you so sure?

I know Sony. :D They are talking about a Spring PS3 launch to get people to hold off on buying an Xbox 360. If you knew you'd have to wait another YEAR for the PS3, instead of 5-6 months, would it matter? It would for some people.

Sony has only just gotten near beta hardware to developers, so they can finish some games for the PS3. A Spring launch means only a handful of games would be ready, and they would be rushed.

Sony also needs to produce the Cell chips and Blu-Ray lasers in large numbers, which they are only just gearing up to do. They need time to make a few million consoles for a decent launch.

Maybe I'm wrong about this, but time will tell, right? At best I expect to see a PS3 launch in Japan in late Spring (May or so) with about 4-5 games, then a late (September or so) launch in North America with 10-12 games and maybe Europe even later in the year (November).

MS has been planning to launch the 360 in late 2005 for years now, and even they are scrambling to get enough hardware and games ready. Sony always planned to wait till 2006 and will rush things if MS starts getting a huge lead on them.

BTW, the earlier Sony launches, the closer the hardware is in graphic power. It will be close anyway, like Gamecube compared to Xbox, instead of PS2 compared to Xbox.

Motion
10-09-2005, 12:11 AM
At best I expect to see a PS3 launch in Japan in late Spring (May or so) with about 4-5 games, then a late (September or so) launch in North America with 10-12 games and maybe Europe even later in the year (November).

I can see them releasing it a little later but that part I disagree with. I seriously don't see them launching with less than 20-25 games.

VanDolPhan
10-11-2005, 11:00 AM
I can see them releasing it a little later but that part I disagree with. I seriously don't see them launching with less than 20-25 games.

Then your a fool who doesn't remember the PS2 launch. PS3 will not be out in April. It may end up that way in Japan but not here. I'd expect summer at the 'earliest' and yes they might only have about 5-10 games at launch.

People aren't realizing that Xbox360 is going to be the biggest launch by far for games on a new console ever.

Add in the fact that the former president of squaresoft who was behind final fantasy VII etc is now making 2 exclusive Xbox360 RPG's and Square is making games for it now it's going to be hard pressed. Not to mention MS is holding Halo 3 for the PS3 launch (ebil!).

Also I think the Premium package got upgraded. They are throwing one year of Gold Xbox live in the deal now. Best multiplayer is on xbox live with broadband users only :) No having to put up with games hosted by 56ker's.

Motion
10-11-2005, 12:55 PM
Then your a fool who doesn't remember the PS2 launch. PS3 will not be out in April. It may end up that way in Japan but not here. I'd expect summer at the 'earliest' and yes they might only have about 5-10 games at launch.

People aren't realizing that Xbox360 is going to be the biggest launch by far for games on a new console ever.

Add in the fact that the former president of squaresoft who was behind final fantasy VII etc is now making 2 exclusive Xbox360 RPG's and Square is making games for it now it's going to be hard pressed. Not to mention MS is holding Halo 3 for the PS3 launch (ebil!).

Also I think the Premium package got upgraded. They are throwing one year of Gold Xbox live in the deal now. Best multiplayer is on xbox live with broadband users only :) No having to put up with games hosted by 56ker's.

:rolleyes: No need for the name calling. Yet another videogame industry "expert". Enjoy your Xbox. Fact is NONE of us no what Sony is gonna do for their launch.

Motion
10-12-2005, 11:07 AM
Appears MS may have problems with their launch.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/4332170.stm

VanDolPhan
10-12-2005, 04:46 PM
:rolleyes: No need for the name calling. Yet another videogame industry "expert". Enjoy your Xbox. Fact is NONE of us no what Sony is gonna do for their launch.

Yes thank you for the expert tag since I actually do work in the video game industry. Care to tell me which of any statements I've made aren't true? EB doesn't have the release date of PS3 until June and they are usually off months early on their predictions. Can you name any console that came out with such a strong list of launch titles for their first month out? We've had launch title window lists for Xbox 360 since E3. Still no peep from PS3 about their launch titles which if they did hit 20-25 would most likely be comprised of EA games and no bonafide triple A games amongst them. PS2 launch had 27 games at launch and all were fairly weak outside of 2 half decent titles. We haven't seen much from games and so far all the PS3 folks can do is drool over a faked up CGI of Killzone that will "never" look like that.

Only way I pick up a PS3 this time around is if they can launch with at least 2 bonafide original triple AAA titles unlike last time. My PS2 sits on a shelf underused.

As for the launch issues of course they will. Can't remember a console that hasn't yet. It's a common trick to boost preorders. Companies can only make so many consoles at a time and usually demand is higher then what any company can put out. Even with the break from Japan to the North American launch I expect to hear the usual rumblings of shortages. It's a great way to get people to rush out and get their preorders.

I also can't be called a fanboi since I've owned just about every console that's been released. If I'm disappointed in Sony it's because the PS2 was such a disappointment especially after the original Playstation that I burnt out 3 of playing :)

Motion
10-12-2005, 10:18 PM
Dude relax, your getting all defensive and arrogant. No one called you a fanboy. CHILL

FinsNCanes
10-12-2005, 11:44 PM
I bought Socom 3 at EB games today he he he.

Nerdy dudes working there but I shot the **** with some about Ultima Online. The good ol' days. Anyway..I'm not sure if I should get the 360 or not. I don't game nearly as much as I used to unless the game just "grabs" me (wont know about socom till it actually works) but im sure ill enjoy it. I'm more of a playstation fan myself and from what I hear it's going to be better anyway. Although Ghost Recon 3 did look pretty ****ing sweet. I see there being a problem though online with all those neat graphics..unless they upgrade their ****.