Jt0323
10-08-2005, 11:04 AM
thanks, i cant wait to get this game!

HugeFinFan
10-08-2005, 09:30 PM
Getting my copy Tuesday!

footballer
10-08-2005, 11:07 PM
got mine prepaid, preordered,any i am anxiously awaiting tuesday...

FinsNCanes
10-10-2005, 01:32 AM
Yeah, there is a few of us on here who I believe are going to try and start up a clan of some sorts..

Could be good times. You bastages better have cable/dsl.

*_*ADMIRAL*_*
10-10-2005, 10:28 AM
i am getting it wed. already preordered. My name on there is either going to be Stephen or *13* Marino

We should make a NFL clan when we start off or something. Or a dolphins clan....

and have the names like the marino one...

let me know as i will be playign for 5 days straight beause i dont have school or anything

Motion
10-10-2005, 10:59 AM
Some places are advertising "ships 10/11" and some are advertising "in store Thursday 10/13". My local shop better have it tomorrow or I'm going postal! :lol:

BleedinGreenNC
10-10-2005, 04:19 PM
My Clan will be in full force as soon as it comes out, we are currently on Socom 2, we are, HOG(Hail of Gunfire) we are 6 rosters deep and have a pretty good bunch of people, if your interested in checking us out, go to, Hailofgunfire.com

Fudge 101
10-10-2005, 04:37 PM
Some places are advertising "ships 10/11" and some are advertising "in store Thursday 10/13". My local shop better have it tomorrow or I'm going postal! :lol:

i called up my local gamestop and this is what i got. It ships tuesday, but they wont have it for sale until thursday because they are annoying as hell. I seriously want to get this game to play because its gonna be nuts.

Motion
10-11-2005, 06:46 AM
I called my local EB Games yesterday, they said it will be on the shelves by 6pm tonight!!!! WoooHoooo!! 11 more hours! I've been waiting for this game for a LONG time!

Motion
10-11-2005, 07:59 PM
Got it. WOW, alot different than the first two. Maps are HUGE!!!! Played a couple games online, heard people saying you need a credit card number for the friends list and clans, not sure what thats all about. My username is Motion, hit me up fellas.

MillerTime
10-11-2005, 08:35 PM
Got it. WOW, alot different than the first two. Maps are HUGE!!!! Played a couple games online, heard people saying you need a credit card number for the friends list and clans, not sure what thats all about. My username is Motion, hit me up fellas.
How are the graphics online? Is there still any lag?

Motion
10-12-2005, 06:26 AM
How are the graphics online? Is there still any lag?

There were alot of people complaining but I thought they looked pretty good. Slight lag nothing like it was before though.

FinsNCanes
10-12-2005, 10:35 AM

They put like a one dollar hold or something on your card. It's no big deal at all. If you don't have one ask your parents they won't get charged. I can make a clan and **** if need be..but I don't see it as a huge problem. I go to www.gamebattles.com (http://www.gamebattles.com) and it's usually just immature kids complaining and whining. I thought the graphics looked fine in the videos I saw..

How is the hit detection? I should be getting mine today.

Motion
10-12-2005, 11:13 AM
They put like a one dollar hold or something on your card. It's no big deal at all. If you don't have one ask your parents they won't get charged. I can make a clan and **** if need be..but I don't see it as a huge problem. I go to www.gamebattles.com (http://www.gamebattles.com/) and it's usually just immature kids complaining and whining. I thought the graphics looked fine in the videos I saw..

How is the hit detection? I should be getting mine today.

Yeah I figured the credit card thing was some kind of verification thing to keep kids and cheaters away. Hit detection isn't to bad. I played for about two hours last night and heard alot of people complaining but personally I think its great. The thing that stood out to me the most was the number of people, 16 vs. 16, and the size of the maps, one game I played was 4 on 4 and I literally walked all over the map and saw no one. The one breach map called "Citadel" is sweet, its like a older european town with a castle and a bunch of smaller buildings outside and you can jump from rooftop to rooftop. The graphics are good, when you get hit your vision gets slightly blurry. The vehicles are sweet too. I can't wait to get off work and go play some more.

arsenal
10-12-2005, 11:33 AM
damn cant wait to get mine, but im going on vacation next week so im not gonna buy it till i get back... im excited to play though...

Motion
10-12-2005, 12:33 PM
Wow, I just checked out the Socom 3 message board on www.scea.com and there are ALOT of pissed off people out there over the whole credit card verification thing. Personally I think its a good idea, keeps the kids and cheaters out.

FinsNCanes
10-12-2005, 01:11 PM
Yeah I figured the credit card thing was some kind of verification thing to keep kids and cheaters away. Hit detection isn't to bad. I played for about two hours last night and heard alot of people complaining but personally I think its great. The thing that stood out to me the most was the number of people, 16 vs. 16, and the size of the maps, one game I played was 4 on 4 and I literally walked all over the map and saw no one. The one breach map called "Citadel" is sweet, its like a older european town with a castle and a bunch of smaller buildings outside and you can jump from rooftop to rooftop. The graphics are good, when you get hit your vision gets slightly blurry. The vehicles are sweet too. I can't wait to get off work and go play some more.

I was informed the map shrunk down depending on how many people are on it. Maybe the person running it has to do it, not sure if it's auto or not. Believe me the people you hear bitching are the people who can't shoot. In s2 and you did was spray and pray and it pissed me off cause I felt like half the time (when I wasnt dying from nades) I was getting the first shot off and sitll dying. Does Wal-Mart carry this *****? I know gamespot is gonna be sold out.

Motion
10-12-2005, 02:12 PM
I was informed the map shrunk down depending on how many people are on it. Maybe the person running it has to do it, not sure if it's auto or not. Believe me the people you hear bitching are the people who can't shoot. In s2 and you did was spray and pray and it pissed me off cause I felt like half the time (when I wasnt dying from nades) I was getting the first shot off and sitll dying. Does Wal-Mart carry this *****? I know gamespot is gonna be sold out.

I got mine from EB Games. They had plenty.

HugeFinFan
10-12-2005, 03:38 PM
I got the game!! Playing online now! my login is "Gout33"

MillerTime
10-13-2005, 08:50 PM
Its a lot different, it will take a while to get used too. I am kind of dissapointed. The graphics arent any better and there is still quite a bit of lag.

Motion
10-14-2005, 06:54 AM
Its a lot different, it will take a while to get used too. I am kind of dissapointed. The graphics arent any better and there is still quite a bit of lag.

Can't expect the graphics to be much better, its still on the PS2, hardware makes the graphics. Not to mention the size of the maps is gonna cut down on the space and hurt graphics alittle. What kind of connection do you have? I've played a good bit online and haven't noticed any lag with my cable connection.

BleedinGreenNC
10-22-2005, 09:07 AM
Can't expect the graphics to be much better, its still on the PS2, hardware makes the graphics. Not to mention the size of the maps is gonna cut down on the space and hurt graphics alittle. What kind of connection do you have? I've played a good bit online and haven't noticed any lag with my cable connection.i havent noticed any lag either!

Fudge 101
10-22-2005, 02:02 PM
only lag i have noticed is in a respawn game. Its impossible to NOT have lag with 32 people playing a map inwhich guns are flaringconstantly and people are respawning every second. but in a "real" game i have seen little to no lag at all which is a huge improvement. also give zipper some time to tweak their servers to perform best given the conditions. There was no way for them to test 50,000 people online until the game was sold so those are adjustments that are needed after the game is released. Overall i am very pleased and have just beaten the game to unlock all the ghillie suits the iw and stg front grip and medium scope...blah blah blah. I think its VERY different from the second but the play value seems to be much better. The little things they improved are HUGE. The friends list in game...the auto play actually works...the clan wars system...i think the ranking system went down hill a little but the minor adjustments are very helpful.

Motion
10-24-2005, 11:28 AM
Man, I love this game. Finally got my online issue resolved and back to playing. I love using the ghillie suits, people walk right by you.

Predaphin
10-26-2005, 08:09 PM
Im considering buying this game....should I???

I never really played the Socom Series, although i do like action games...I use to play Delta Force for PC and that was sweet...this game reminds me of it...

Fudge 101
10-27-2005, 07:59 AM
Im considering buying this game....should I???

I never really played the Socom Series, although i do like action games...I use to play Delta Force for PC and that was sweet...this game reminds me of it...

you will have a very hard time catching up with the 100,000+ people playing this game but after a couple weeks you will be have the time of your life. The maps are seriously really big so your gonna need a lot of patience at first in playing the game. Once you learn the maps/spawns/objectives youll find people to fight all the time. It really takes a lot more strategy/skill though to play this version. 16 Vs. 16 is tough competition but so far im really enjoying it. I would say if you dont buy it, your crazy...simply because the series has been amazing thus far.

Motion
10-27-2005, 10:18 AM
you will have a very hard time catching up with the 100,000+ people playing this game but after a couple weeks you will be have the time of your life. The maps are seriously really big so your gonna need a lot of patience at first in playing the game. Once you learn the maps/spawns/objectives youll find people to fight all the time. It really takes a lot more strategy/skill though to play this version. 16 Vs. 16 is tough competition but so far im really enjoying it. I would say if you dont buy it, your crazy...simply because the series has been amazing thus far.

Couldn't have said it better. This game is a MUST BUY! I could play it everyday.

BleedinGreenNC
10-27-2005, 03:02 PM
Couldn't have said it better. This game is a MUST BUY! I could play it everyday.Agreed!! I have had every Socom game and it is worth buying, hours of fun playing with people!!

Motion
10-31-2005, 08:08 AM
Anyone else having troublr getting online lately?

FinsNCanes
10-31-2005, 12:11 PM
I'm to lazy to resolve my mic issues otherwise I'd play..heh.

BleedinGreenNC
11-04-2005, 07:04 PM
Anyone else having troublr getting online lately?I have never been booted, had trouble getting on, or anything like that, it has been a great buy!!

Timmy54
11-04-2005, 08:08 PM
Well i finally beat the final level on the hardest setting!! That is just plain hard guys if you havent had it yet. Your Bravo group has a tendency to get their butts killed and then your getting it from both sides of the wearhouse. Awesome game just wish it had more levels.

BleedinGreenNC
11-04-2005, 08:56 PM
Well i finally beat the final level on the hardest setting!! That is just plain hard guys if you havent had it yet. Your Bravo group has a tendency to get their butts killed and then your getting it from both sides of the wearhouse. Awesome game just wish it had more levels.That game did seem kind of short, i also wish there was more levels, but hey, i mostly play online.

Motion
11-06-2005, 02:25 AM
I have never been booted, had trouble getting on, or anything like that, it has been a great buy!!

Hmmm... Well your definitely in the minority. I was checking the Socom Forums on Playstation.com and people are raising hell over there about server problems. Been working pretty well lately though.

miamikid92
11-06-2005, 06:39 PM
still cant get my mic to work.. :mad:

NuttyFin
11-20-2005, 05:28 PM
Does anyone Have a Clan I can Join?