PDA

View Full Version : Firemen Ed bags the Jets?

NJFINSFAN1
10-10-2005, 04:10 PM
Firemen Ed boycotted the game Sunday for the Jets. My buddy said he is mad they are moving everything to Jersey. But I also saw on Gang green that he is being picked on by Jet fans!!

Well Jet fans, what the deal with the big baby?:cry:

BwanaZulia
10-10-2005, 04:57 PM
Rumor (semi-confirmed as fact) has it that yes, he did not go to the game because he was boycotting the Jets signing the multi-year deal to build a stadium in New Jersey.

Personally, I think that is totally misguided.

When you are a fan of a team, you are a fan of the TEAM, not the owner, stadium or parking lot.

To boycott your team, when they are in one of their toughest times ever, just seems wrong. And so what? So you don't show up using your ticket you paid for months ago?

Anyway, that is the rumor.

BZ

NJFINSFAN1
10-10-2005, 05:23 PM
Rumor (semi-confirmed as fact) has it that yes, he did not go to the game because he was boycotting the Jets signing the multi-year deal to build a stadium in New Jersey.

Personally, I think that is totally misguided.

When you are a fan of a team, you are a fan of the TEAM, not the owner, stadium or parking lot.

To boycott your team, when they are in one of their toughest times ever, just seems wrong. And so what? So you don't show up using your ticket you paid for months ago?

Anyway, that is the rumor.

BZ

I just don't get it! He has been going to the games since they have been here, and now because they are going to move the practice site to Bergen County he does this? I hope he gets boo'd the next time he shows up.

nephinsfan
10-10-2005, 05:45 PM
NOt for nothing but what is the difference? the stadium has been in NJ for how long now?????

BwanaZulia
10-11-2005, 09:21 AM
NOt for nothing but what is the difference? the stadium has been in NJ for how long now?????

Well, some people (including myself) have gotten really caught up in the stadium issue. We really wanted it back in NY for a ton of reasons but after Woody spent three years and $75 million of his money to get it done, it came down to a few New York politicians who shot it down.

So, the next best option was 50% ownership in a brand new, state of the art stadium in the Meadowlands.

Time to move on. In the end we will not be playing in "GIANTS STADIUM" anymore and that is a good thing.

BZ

finsrclowns
10-11-2005, 02:06 PM
In the end we will not be playing in "GIANTS STADIUM" anymore and that is a good thing.

BZ

It eliminates a smack point for fin fans, for example. :lol:

nyjunc
10-11-2005, 04:05 PM
I couldn't care less about Ed, he is a liar who claims he's been to every game even when we were 1-15 and that is not the case. I was there and know he wasn't there b/c I used to sit near him, the crowd relies on him too much and he never knows the right situations to get the crowd going. The crowd was much better this past week w/o him so I hope he stays away.

PassRush
10-12-2005, 11:02 AM
I just gained alot of respect for Jets fans, as hard as that is to say. You guys can admit that Fireman Ed, or what ever the **** his name is, is a ****ing idiot piece of ****

BwanaZulia
10-12-2005, 11:39 AM
I just gained alot of respect for Jets fans, as hard as that is to say. You guys can admit that Fireman Ed, or what ever the **** his name is, is a ****ing idiot piece of ****

Sorry, going to have to take back some of that respect for us.

He is just pissed about the stadium and showing it in his way. I don't agree, but that certainly doesn't mean he isn't a very dedicated Jets fan, which he is.

BZ

timbalu
10-12-2005, 11:49 AM
I always thought there was something strange about the Jets playing their home games in Jersey . If I were a Jets fan , I'd want to see my team play in New York, and I'd be a little more than upset if they had to continue sharing a stadium with the Giants .

3P
10-12-2005, 11:53 AM
I wonder if they'll officially change their name to the New Jersey Jets.

:lol:

BwanaZulia
10-12-2005, 11:55 AM
I wonder if they'll officially change their name to the New Jersey Jets.

:lol:

Most original comment of the year!

BZ