PDA

View Full Version : Mistake Leads to 29-Cent Gas Price

BAMAPHIN 22
10-10-2005, 08:47 PM
One gas station manager's mistake paid off for drivers who were able to buy fuel for about a tenth of the current price.

For 30 to 45 minutes Friday, three of the Kabredlo's Convenience Store's four pumps sold premium unleaded gas for 29 cents a gallon (6 euro cents a liter) - about a tenth of the current price. Gas hasn't been that cheap since 1955, according to AAA Nebraska.

Until the mistake was caught, lines formed at the store as news of the cheap fuel spread, said Max Wolfe, who was doing landscaping for Kabredlo's.

Wolfe and his co-workers took time out to fill up. "I was on E, and I filled my tank up for $4 (about euro3.30)," Wolfe said. "It made my day."

http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/news/article.adp?id=20051010140909990001&_mpc=news%2e10%2e3&cid=936

poisonphin
10-10-2005, 08:51 PM
:lol: Thats awsome!

Gonzo
10-10-2005, 09:05 PM
What about the starving oil companies?

dolphan117
10-10-2005, 09:59 PM
What about the starving oil companies?

:rofl3: :rofl3:

SMadison29
10-10-2005, 10:44 PM
I couldn't be so lucky.

unifiedtheory
10-11-2005, 02:09 AM
This is funny....the same thing happened to me about a year and a half ago.

I was driving home from work and stopped for gas. I did'nt really pay attention to the price until I look at the pump as I hit the button. It said 0.09 cents a liter (it was supposed to say .90 cents a liter.

I looked towards the attendants inside and they were scrambling around soooooooooo, I stuck in my bank card to "pay at the pump", filled up for like a $2.50, got my reciept and got the hell out of there.

The funny part was some dude accross from me did the same thing, with a full sized dually pickup truck. I asked him how much it usually costs to fill both his tanks and he said around $150.00...he filled both tanks for around $14.00. :evil:

Gonzo
10-11-2005, 02:21 AM

I was driving home from work and stopped for gas. I did'nt really pay attention to the price until I look at the pump as I hit the button. It said 0.09 cents a liter (it was supposed to say .90 cents a liter.

I looked towards the attendants inside and they were scrambling around soooooooooo, I stuck in my bank card to "pay at the pump", filled up for like a $2.50, got my reciept and got the hell out of there.

The funny part was some dude accross from me did the same thing, with a full sized dually pickup truck. I asked him how much it usually costs to fill both his tanks and he said around $150.00...he filled both tanks for around $14.00. :evil:

If only you could download gas off the internet.

Dolfan984
10-11-2005, 03:43 AM

That is possibly the greatest story in the history of the world.

Talos
10-11-2005, 03:11 PM
I love hearing about oil companies getting the shaft. :rofl: