PDA

View Full Version : Funny work thread...

Talos
10-11-2005, 02:23 PM
Me and Mindwarp are sitting at work, and what does a nearby worker happen upon? A file archive of photos of past and current employees from years ago. Looking back at this stuff, we came across tons of pictures that literally made us laugh out loud because of the stories that they helped us remember. It got me thinking, everyone on here, especially those who frequent the lounge have to have funny work stories.

Why not put them all in a thread?

We had a married couple we worked with years ago that came to work on Halloween dressed up as two M&M's. They had a mutual friend, who came dressed as a devil M&M and took a picture with them. Two years later, they were divorced, and the devil M&M was married to the female M&M.

Mind you I'm actually kind of busy so this was just a fast story to get it started, I'll post something more interesting later.

Mindwarp
10-11-2005, 02:34 PM
We had a married couple we worked with years ago that came to work on Halloween dressed up as two M&M's. They had a mutual friend, who came dressed as a devil M&M and took a picture with them. Two years later, they were divorced, and the devil M&M was married to the female M&M.

there is still apicture of this in one of the break rooms.

Talos
10-11-2005, 02:45 PM
Classic premonition, and the fact that the picture is still posted in a public place makes it doubly funny. Mindwarp needs to post a story though, as opposed to just posting a response.

Talos
10-11-2005, 03:57 PM
Don't know if this got posted, and if not The Mor has a picture of it somewhere.

We're all standing around work doing nothing last week, and Mindwarp decides he's going to pick up a phone cord and start jumping rope in the middle of the call center. Needless to say, hilarity is about to ensue. Mindwarp, who shuns belts, begins to lose his pants in the middle of the workplace. The Mor, always looking for an opportunity, takes a photo and Mindwarp can now forever be remembered as pantsless in the middle of a room of 100 people.

NJFINSFAN1
10-11-2005, 04:20 PM
Me and Mindwarp are sitting at work, and what does a nearby worker happen upon? A file archive of photos of past and current employees from years ago. Looking back at this stuff, we came across tons of pictures that literally made us laugh out loud because of the stories that they helped us remember. It got me thinking, everyone on here, especially those who frequent the lounge have to have funny work stories.

Why not put them all in a thread?

Mind you I'm actually kind of busy so this was just a fast story to get it started, I'll post something more interesting later.

I guess he was a M&M with nuts!!:rolleyes:

Talos
10-11-2005, 04:27 PM
God that was a terrible joke....:shakeno:

NJFINSFAN1
10-11-2005, 04:28 PM
God that was a terrible joke....:shakeno:

You laughed, I know it!!!:rolleyes:

Talos
10-11-2005, 04:38 PM
No, no I didn't. I laugh at many things, The Mor taking pictures of himself in a mirror completely drunk, Mindwarp losing his pants jumping rope in an office, covering a Cowboys fan's desk in Dolphins gear, but not at that joke.

Muck
10-11-2005, 09:15 PM
Unfortunately, I can't share my funny work stuff because my boss (and some competitors) has started reading the site. The info is generally sensative in nature.

But my old boss......one day he tried to mack on this chick who he was (and still is) totally in love with. She straight up shot him down. That night I took her to the movies. And he got stabbed in the leg. :lol:

Slappy8800
10-11-2005, 10:53 PM
well since my current job and my last job i pretty much work by myself not too many funny stories though i laugh at myself easily so heres this one:

i was working a covert mission(i worked as a Loss Prevention detective) trying to see if a certain emplyee was stealing. So i could not leave the office for anything so no one knew i was there. So i had a 6 pack of soda and i had to pee so i used an empty can and the phone rang so i set the can down. Hung up the phone and went to take a swig from the wrong can. I spit it out all over the floor, dropped the can and now there is piss all over the office. Needless to say it took awhile to get teh smell out and the taste out of my mouth.

Gonzo
10-12-2005, 01:27 AM
I have a gazillion from the Army. But, I won't delve into that. This goes back a while. I worked at burger king when I was 16 (for all of 2 weeks, maybe) with a friend of mine. There was a guy there that was a total prick to both of us. Well one day, in which he was a real punk, he decides to clean the fryers underneath. All of a sudden there's a loud pop and a HIGH pitched scream and we watch him fly back about a good 5 feet and all the power goes off. He gets up with his hair all over the place (I didn't know it actually did that) and says, "ah-I g-gotta go on b-break" and he walks out to my friend and I laughing our a--es off while everyone else is asking him if he is alright. Its kinda messed up, but I don't care. It doesn't take a genius to know to turn off the power of something you are about to clean.

Slappy8800
10-12-2005, 01:30 AM
haha!

Mindwarp
10-12-2005, 10:54 AM
hmm ok ill add some

Back when I was int he other department I had an assitant (thestern, yes he was my lacky at one point before he quit) well every now and then he would attepmt to be humorous. One day i was not in the mood for games and he kept poking at me so I did what any good boss would do. I threw my trash can at him.

---------------

While in the same department my staff was the best staff there. We had the highest stats in everything, so naturally i let them play around with one another, and always let them know I'm Big Daddy. Well one day one of my newer employees gets into a penny war with one of the other guys, They throw a penny at one another while the other one is not paying attention, and try to see how long they can get away with it. Well the Newer guy decided he is going to test Big Daddy, So he throws one penny, and it hits my desk, I ignore it thinking he just threw it bad at the other guy, then he throws about 3 more all hit my desk. I ask TheStern if he was throwing them at me and TheStern being the good assitant that he was told me the truth. So I did what any good boss would do. I had a fishbowl with about $5.00 in pennys maybe more. I walked over to the new guy and Dumped them all on him. Then I made him pick them up and put it back on my desk. Oh the fishbowl also had gravel in it and I made him pick that up also. After that day, no one tried big daddy again.

Mindwarp
10-12-2005, 10:56 AM
one more.

Today in our staff meeting, Someone asked a question that really did not need an answer since it was answered about 10 times by Havelock already. So Havelock who leads this meeting pulled a nick saban. He explained how the question was "relative" to something and how thats "relative" to something else and how we just need to work on something else to make sure that the something was right. Everyone just looked at him and had no more questions. I laughed. :)

Talos
10-12-2005, 11:08 AM
Ok...the urine story is classic and I've been around for some of Mindwarp's stories.

One day back when I was a lowly nobody here, it was a Sunday and all of us employees were bored as hell. Earlier that week I had won a frisbee for some stupid contest at work so we decided to play office frisbee. 10 minutes later people were on their desk throwing frisbees, diving off cubicles to catch them, and attempting to hit people who weren't paying attention. Needless to say it all turns out bad as someone throws the frisbee and it hits a supervisors desk and knocks over all of his stuff. Still, from that day on, frisbee became a new office hobby.

Talos
10-12-2005, 11:09 AM
Another classic office prank that Mindwarp and I used to pull was you would unplug someones keyboard and mouse, pull the keys off their keyboard and put them back in the wrong places, and if they were stupid enough to leave their computer on, change their desktop and rename all of their icons. You'd be amazed how many people type by looking at their keyboard and don't know where the letters are actually supposed to go.

Mindwarp
10-12-2005, 11:13 AM
Another classic office prank that Mindwarp and I used to pull was you would unplug someones keyboard and mouse, pull the keys off their keyboard and put them back in the wrong places, and if they were stupid enough to leave their computer on, change their desktop and rename all of their icons. You'd be amazed how many people type by looking at their keyboard and don't know where the letters are actually supposed to go.

M and N are my favorite keys to change for people who dont know where the keys are :D

Talos
10-12-2005, 11:15 AM
I guess I'll do one more for now.

Last year during hurricane season, I volunteered to supervise the hurricane team. Well, The Mor was still a lowly nobody back then and he was working with us as well. We decided that since the power going out knocked out the magnetic locks around the building we were going to go explore and see what other wonders our building had. We explored other comapnies offices (who bought office space from us), wrote things on their whiteboard, messed with their phones and keyboards, and caused general havoc. We then proceeded to take walkie talkies and play large scale manhunt in basically an abandoned office building.

After a nice long night of manhunt, the building was getting pretty hot with no AC. Well, what did we happen upon but another frisbee. A new variation of the game was created, tackle frisbee. The Mor, being his usual Mor self, takes off his shirt, and about 10 of us start playing kill the man with the frisbee, tackling each other in an office of cubicles Terry Tate style. And of course, what better to happen at this time, than for my boss, (who is also the Mor's boss now) to walk in. Instead of lecturing us though, he just shakes his head, walks out, and we continue our game.

UltraDol-Fan
10-12-2005, 11:37 AM
that's nice! I've got one, it's more of a funny prank than a good story. My boss was out of town one week, so we printed off pictures of random kids we found on the internet and replaced all the pictures in his office with them. So he comes back from his trip and he doesn't notice for like half the day, then he comes out and is like, where's all my pictures!

Talos
10-12-2005, 12:06 PM
It amazes me what you can get away with in a workplace and not get fired.

NaboCane
10-12-2005, 02:37 PM
Unfortunately, I can't share my funny work stuff because my boss (and some competitors) has started reading the site. The info is generally sensative in nature.

But my old boss......one day he tried to mack on this chick who he was (and still is) totally in love with. She straight up shot him down. That night I took her to the movies. And he got stabbed in the leg. :lol:

No, no, no...you can't just not elaborate on this, Muck.