PDA

View Full Version : New Sevendust CD "Next"

Fin Fan in Cali
10-12-2005, 10:55 PM
I wanted to know if anyone has heard this yet? It just came out on Tuesday.

Buddwalk
10-12-2005, 10:59 PM
not really a fan so that would be a no

Fin Fan in Cali
10-12-2005, 11:07 PM
not really a fan so that would be a noThanks any way Bro! I just wanted to see if anyone heard it, and what they thought. They do kick butt though!

kastofsna120
10-13-2005, 12:42 AM
saw him live in '99 opening for metallica, can't say much else about them

HugeFinFan
10-13-2005, 07:38 AM
Sevendust has a new CD out? Nice. I've been too busy listening the the new Disturbed CD, Now that is awesome.

Buddwalk
10-13-2005, 07:54 AM
Sevendust has a new CD out? Nice. I've been too busy listening the the new Disturbed CD, Now that is awesome.

Same here...10,000 fists in the air :D

spydertl79
10-13-2005, 10:15 AM
Same here...10,000 fists in the air :D
Stricken is my favorite song to come out in a while but 10,000 fists in the air is awesome too.

HugeFinFan
10-13-2005, 12:34 PM
The new Disturbed CD is incredible. Every song is worth listening too. With Gaurded Stricken and 10,000 Fists above the rest. That's the best thing about Disturbed they make 14 great songs on an album, not 2 Hits.

BradTheBillsFan
10-13-2005, 12:41 PM
I'm one of the biggest 'Dust fans you'll meet.

I love these guys. Their lyrics are real. Although some of it is a bit angry, and there is an amount of yelling, they are all feelings that we have felt. There is a great song on the new CD that Lajon wrote to his newborn child. (#5-This Life).

Their music is excellent. Their shows are incredibly electric. They don't act like flaming celebrity ****'s, even as popular as they have become. They absolutely love their fans. Every time I bring them up, I hear stories from people that have chilled with them and I hear nothing but good things. I hope to hang with them some day as well, I hear they burn some good smoke too. :D

I actually started a thread about this on Billszone the other day:

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=82791&highlight=sevendust

To sum it up. The CD rules.

If you like Sevendust, I recommend their Retrospect DVD. It was released a few years ago, but has some awesome stuff in it. Tons of info. about them, some concert performances, music videos, and other stuff.

From the site:
It's amazing that when Sevendust released this DVD in 2001 that they were able to scrape together as much material to put on it as they did. At the time of the release, they only had two albums out there, with a third in the oven (2001's "Animosity"), but yet, "Retrospect" captures so much Sevendust information and footage, that it seems like they've been around much longer. This DVD is chock-full of interviews, music videos, live performances, and behind-the-scenes stuff. It definitely doesn't skimp on the material, and covers just about every angle of the band's career up until this point. The DVD begins with some interviews detailing how the band got together and how they got signed, before getting into the exciting "Live & Loud" live special they pieced together as an alternative for doing individual music videos for the debut album. The performance on here is absolutely phenomenal and it's interesting to watch a young Sevendust perform just as well as they do nowadays. Further into the DVD, they get into the making of the second album, 1999's "Home," my favorite part of which is watching them record "Bender" with Chino Moreno (the Deftones) in tow. Another section of the DVD that I really appreciated is the coverage of their relationship with the late Lynn Strait and the band Snot. The guys in Sevendust show lots of love, and have plenty of stories to tell, as well as the making of "Angel's Son," their contribution to the "Strait Up" tribute album. In addition to all this, we are treated to the four music videos they had at the time: "Denial," "Waffle," "Angel's Son" and "Licking Cream," which wasn't released in the U.S. Also, we are given two TV appearances -- "Waffle," performed on Late Night With Conan O'Brien and "Angel's Son," performed on The Tonight Show With Jay Leno (with Mark McGrath of Sugar Ray sitting in on guitar). Another moving performance of "Angel's Son," captured at the Worcester Centrum is included, as well as "Rumble Fish," from the infamous Woodstock 1999. There are a few other surprises sprinkled in between, and overall, this release is full to the brim with content. Leave it to Sevendust to never leave us disappointed. Surely by now they have even more stories to tell, and hopefully they put another DVD just as good as this one out in the near future. As for this release, if you love Sevendust, you need this.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...51007?v=glance

Fin Fan in Cali
10-13-2005, 03:11 PM

I love these guys. Their lyrics are real. Although some of it is a bit angry, and there is an amount of yelling, they are all feelings that we have felt. There is a great song on the new CD that Lajon wrote to his newborn child. (#5-This Life).

Their music is excellent. Their shows are incredibly electric. They don't act like flaming celebrity ****'s, even as popular as they have become. They absolutely love their fans. Every time I bring them up, I hear stories from people that have chilled with them and I hear nothing but good things. I hope to hang with them some day as well, I hear they burn some good smoke too. :D

If you like Sevendust, I recommend their Retrospect DVD. It was released a few years ago, but has some awesome stuff in it. Tons of info. about them, some concert performances, music videos, and other stuff.

From the site:
It's amazing that when Sevendust released this DVD in 2001 that they were able to scrape together as much material to put on it as they did. At the time of the release, they only had two albums out there, with a third in the oven (2001's "Animosity"), but yet, "Retrospect" captures so much Sevendust information and footage, that it seems like they've been around much longer. This DVD is chock-full of interviews, music videos, live performances, and behind-the-scenes stuff. It definitely doesn't skimp on the material, and covers just about every angle of the band's career up until this point. The DVD begins with some interviews detailing how the band got together and how they got signed, before getting into the exciting "Live & Loud" live special they pieced together as an alternative for doing individual music videos for the debut album. The performance on here is absolutely phenomenal and it's interesting to watch a young Sevendust perform just as well as they do nowadays. Further into the DVD, they get into the making of the second album, 1999's "Home," my favorite part of which is watching them record "Bender" with Chino Moreno (the Deftones) in tow. Another section of the DVD that I really appreciated is the coverage of their relationship with the late Lynn Strait and the band Snot. The guys in Sevendust show lots of love, and have plenty of stories to tell, as well as the making of "Angel's Son," their contribution to the "Strait Up" tribute album. In addition to all this, we are treated to the four music videos they had at the time: "Denial," "Waffle," "Angel's Son" and "Licking Cream," which wasn't released in the U.S. Also, we are given two TV appearances -- "Waffle," performed on Late Night With Conan O'Brien and "Angel's Son," performed on The Tonight Show With Jay Leno (with Mark McGrath of Sugar Ray sitting in on guitar). Another moving performance of "Angel's Son," captured at the Worcester Centrum is included, as well as "Rumble Fish," from the infamous Woodstock 1999. There are a few other surprises sprinkled in between, and overall, this release is full to the brim with content. Leave it to Sevendust to never leave us disappointed. Surely by now they have even more stories to tell, and hopefully they put another DVD just as good as this one out in the near future. As for this release, if you love Sevendust, you need this.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...51007?v=glanceThanks for the info Bro!

Fin Fan in Cali
10-14-2005, 07:44 PM

From the site:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...51007?v=glanceClint Lowery has left the band to play with his brother in the band "Dark New Day" He was replaced by Sony Mayo on guitar.

R_t_Kraken
10-17-2005, 12:24 PM
I wanted to know if anyone has heard this yet? It just came out on Tuesday.

Didn't 'Seasons' just come out by Sevendust? I just got it not to long ago, was told it was their 'new album' Oh well, it's good anyhow. I'll have to check out the one you mentioned.

Fin Fan in Cali
10-17-2005, 09:52 PM
Didn't 'Seasons' just come out by Sevendust? I just got it not to long ago, was told it was their 'new album' Oh well, it's good anyhow. I'll have to check out the one you mentioned.Bro, Seasons came out in 2003. They have a great CD/DVD collection that came out in 2004. It's called 'Southside Double-Wide Acoustic Live" This is a must have bro! It was recorded at a live show in Georgia. I just got the new cd "Next" tonight, so I will let you know how it is tomorrow.:)

BradTheBillsFan
10-17-2005, 10:26 PM
Clint Lowery has left the band to play with his brother in the band "Dark New Day" He was replaced by Sony Mayo on guitar.

Yah that DVD is very old, but still contains some excellent info. Sonny Mayo is from Snot, another pretty good band.

I have heard Clint's new band, they kind of suck... I wish he would've stayed with the 'Dust but whatever.

Apparently, the song Pieces (#3 on Next) is about Clint leaving... Listen to the lyrics, it seems to fit. I hear that they didn't part on good terms.

Also, song #5 is Lajon's song to his newborn child.

It's a very good album, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

BradTheBillsFan
10-17-2005, 10:27 PM
Bro, Seasons came out in 2003. They have a great CD/DVD collection that came out in 2004. It's called 'Southside Double-Wide Acoustic Live" This is a must have bro! It was recorded at a live show in Georgia. I just got the new cd "Next" tonight, so I will let you know how it is tomorrow.:)

I absolutely LOVE that album. I still throw it in regularly when I have people over to party, during my beer pong tourney's, etc.

It's great music to get trashed & pumped up to, without the very hard edge that turns some people off. That one just shows how talented the band really is. It's one thing to sound awesome on a studio album, another thing to do it LIVE.

Morgan is amazing on that album/dvd.

Fin Fan in Cali
10-17-2005, 10:45 PM
Yah that DVD is very old, but still contains some excellent info. Sonny Mayo is from Snot, another pretty good band.

I have heard Clint's new band, they kind of suck... I wish he would've stayed with the 'Dust but whatever.

Apparently, the song Pieces (#3 on Next) is about Clint leaving... Listen to the lyrics, it seems to fit. I hear that they didn't part on good terms.

Also, song #5 is Lajon's song to his newborn child.

It's a very good album, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.Thanks for the heads up! I will give it a listen on the way to work in the morning.

Fin Fan in Cali
10-17-2005, 10:48 PM
I absolutely LOVE that album. I still throw it in regularly when I have people over to party, during my beer pong tourney's, etc.

It's great music to get trashed & pumped up to, without the very hard edge that turns some people off. That one just shows how talented the band really is. It's one thing to sound awesome on a studio album, another thing to do it LIVE.

Morgan is amazing on that album/dvd.I can watch that DVD over, and over again in my garage with the surround sound thumping. Morgan on drums is just awesome in the acoustic set up. Why did Clint not leave on good terms?

BradTheBillsFan
10-17-2005, 10:50 PM
Yah Morgan is the man!

To be honest, I do not know that he did in fact leave on bad terms, that's just what I was told by a friend of mine. He is a good friend of the tour manager he says, and I guess he heard it from that guy. He could be making it up, but I don't know why he would do that.

Fin Fan in Cali
10-17-2005, 11:05 PM
Yah Morgan is the man!

To be honest, I do not know that he did in fact leave on bad terms, that's just what I was told by a friend of mine. He is a good friend of the tour manager he says, and I guess he heard it from that guy. He could be making it up, but I don't know why he would do that.Sorry to hear that, I thought they were all tight like brothers. All I hear is that they are great down to earth people. It seems like they put out a cd, and they throw in a DVD with it. Bro if you or others want to checkout there website, you can actually listen to the bands new CD "Next" on it. The website is: www.sevendust.info/ (http://www.sevendust.info/) Bro Lajon and the boys sound pretty tight from the song or two I heard. I don't want to spoil my drive to work in the morning!:) Great talking to you Bro!:beerbang:

DanStillStands
10-18-2005, 12:28 AM
I have seen sevendust a whole lot of times live. They use to put on a great live show. Maybe they still do but have not seen them in some time now. When the first two albums came out they were always on tour it seemed like.

Fin Fan in Cali
10-18-2005, 08:45 AM
They are on tour right now.:)

Motion
10-18-2005, 08:51 AM
Downloaded Next last night, pretty good.

Dolfan5000
10-18-2005, 09:42 AM
Hmmmmmmmmmm... *listens to Bury Your Dead*

jeremiah:seven
10-18-2005, 10:00 AM
Haven't really been a fan since Home - that CD was amazing. But after hearing the new songs at the website, I may pick this one up. Sounds tight.

Nice double kick too.

Fin Fan in Cali
10-18-2005, 07:21 PM
This CD kicks butt!:drinkers: Heavier then Seasons in my opinion. The boys are playing some hard @ss thumping rock & roll! They are playing very tight as well.

BradTheBillsFan
10-18-2005, 10:16 PM
Haven't really been a fan since Home - that CD was amazing. But after hearing the new songs at the website, I may pick this one up. Sounds tight.

Nice double kick too.

You must be a drummer. Morgan pulls off the double-bass pretty well. Although traditional drummers call it cheating, he is damn good at it, and continues to write some pretty sick ISH.

Anyways, I agree... I think they fell off a slight bit with Animosity, but came right back with Seasons, and surpassed that with Next.

To each his own though. :D

This CD hasn't left my player since last Tuesday.

BradTheBillsFan
10-18-2005, 10:18 PM
I have seen sevendust a whole lot of times live. They use to put on a great live show. Maybe they still do but have not seen them in some time now. When the first two albums came out they were always on tour it seemed like.

I've seen them three times and all three were kick-***.

I haven't seen them since Rolling Rock Fair a couple years ago though. DAMN I need to catch this tour!

Dolfan5000
10-18-2005, 10:45 PM
You must be a drummer. Morgan pulls off the double-bass pretty well. Although traditional drummers call it cheating,
Psssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssh, old timers. He thinks someone like that dude is cheating, psssssssssssssssh. Listen to Mark from Bury Your Dead and call double-bass cheating. You'll like... tear up over it.

10-19-2005, 02:50 AM
You must be a drummer. Morgan pulls off the double-bass pretty well. Although traditional drummers call it cheating, he is damn good at it, and continues to write some pretty sick ISH.

Anyways, I agree... I think they fell off a slight bit with Animosity, but came right back with Seasons, and surpassed that with Next.

To each his own though. :D

This CD hasn't left my player since last Tuesday.

Yep, drummer... But I was more impressed by the fact that I heard some (it sounded tight.). It has been some time, but I cannot remember much double kick in the earlier cds... I could be wrong, 'cause it has been some time...

Psssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssh, old timers. He thinks someone like that dude is cheating, psssssssssssssssh. Listen to Mark from Bury Your Dead and call double-bass cheating. You'll like... tear up over it.

not too bad...

I had a link to something you may enjoy... need to get my post count up higher first... give me a second...

10-19-2005, 03:14 AM
ahhh. here we go.

www.solidstaterecords.com/becomingthearchetype/ecard/

A full CD in flash format... have a listen.

Dolfan5000
10-19-2005, 01:56 PM
Yep, drummer... But I was more impressed by the fact that I heard some (it sounded tight.). It has been some time, but I cannot remember much double kick in the earlier cds... I could be wrong, 'cause it has been some time...

not too bad...

I had a link to something you may enjoy... need to get my post count up higher first... give me a second...
Ok, only 44 more posts to go, lol. Spam much?

Fin Fan in Cali
10-19-2005, 08:30 PM
I really jam to this CD, and the Morgan Rose double bass is killer! It is great that the new Disturbed, and Sevendust came out!:rockon: :rocker: :drinkers: :ally: :beerbang: :happydrin :xii:

BradTheBillsFan
10-19-2005, 08:53 PM

I know... it pisses me off. They act like it's so easy to do. I would bet more than 3/4's of the ones who claim it's cheating wouldn't be able to pull it off themselves, but whatever, to each his own.

This guy Mark isn't bad! I hadn't heard them before. It's a little hard for my taste, but I can always appreciate good musical talent, even if the guy screams like he's about to decapitate someone... (IE Mudvayne, Candiria, etc..) LOL

BradTheBillsFan
10-19-2005, 08:55 PM

That is correct I do believe. He didn't start using it until this album.

Fin Fan in Cali
10-19-2005, 09:08 PM
That is correct I do believe. He didn't start using it until this album.I believe Morgan Rose was last year or the year before voted hard rock/metal's best drummer.

BradTheBillsFan
10-19-2005, 09:20 PM
I believe Morgan Rose was last year or the year before voted hard rock/metal's best drummer.

That is correct. He was voted Number 1 drummer last year by Modern Drummer magazine.

Check out these videos. Dude's sick. Not the best ever, but he's damn good. A lot better than I am.. LOL

http://www.pearldrum.com/05_nuhome/pasic-2004morgvid.htm

Fin Fan in Cali
10-19-2005, 09:47 PM
That is correct. He was voted Number 1 drummer last year by Modern Drummer magazine.

Check out these videos. Dude's sick. Not the best ever, but he's damn good. A lot better than I am.. LOL

http://www.pearldrum.com/05_nuhome/pasic-2004morgvid.htmThanks bro! One bad @ss mo fo!:beerbang:

Dolfan5000
10-19-2005, 10:17 PM
I know... it pisses me off. They act like it's so easy to do. I would bet more than 3/4's of the ones who claim it's cheating wouldn't be able to pull it off themselves, but whatever, to each his own.

This guy Mark isn't bad! I hadn't heard them before. It's a little hard for my taste, but I can always appreciate good musical talent, even if the guy screams like he's about to decapitate someone... (IE Mudvayne, Candiria, etc..) LOL
Oh, well that's Mat doing the screaming. If you're into hardcore/metalcore... it's the official ****. And Mark, like... yeah. My idol (other than Zach Thomas). :)

Fin Fan in Cali
10-20-2005, 06:16 PM
Bump for brother DD28!:beerbang: