PDA

View Full Version : REVIEW: Cold Winter PS2

JPhinfan86
10-13-2005, 12:42 AM
Cold Winter is a game developed by Sierra, the same group behind Hulk Ultimate Destruction. This game surprised me big time. I was expecting a very weak showing and came to find that it is no doubt one of the best games out right now in the $20 - $25 category. It is a first person shooter based on an MI6 agent captured and disavowed by the British government (like a captured James Bond essentially). The game features fantastic gore, great ragdoll physics, point-and-select object interaction (like putting the cross hairs on a table and selecting "flip over to create cover"). The environments are amazing but they are nice in their own right. You use the same point-and-click method to pick locks and open ammo boxes. I give this game a 7.6 out of 10.

JPhinfan86
10-13-2005, 01:11 AM
Wow, I just checked the average percentages that each version of Cold Winter was ranked at and found that it was almost identical to my assesment.....go me :lol: The XBOX version topped out at 75% (from 1 media outlet) and the Playstation 2 version hit 74.3% (from 35 media outlets). Note: The PS2 version is the one that I played.