PDA

View Full Version : Review: Brothers In Arms: Earned In Blood

JPhinfan86
10-13-2005, 12:50 AM
If not for Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory I would call this Game Of The Year. I have lobbied for the the first one relentlessly. I believe this series blows Medal of Honor out of the water (which isn't difficult....Call of Duty also outdoes it). From the very beginning level you realize that they are attempting (and suceeding) to build personality for each character. In this installment you'll see familiar faces from the first. For instance you now play as Red Hartstock, a man you commanded in Road To Hill 30. You now command the man you played as in RTH30, Matt Baker. :lol: The environments are fantastic, they really create that 'war-torn French town' feel as best as I can imagine it must have been. With franchises such as SPLINTER CELL, Brothers In Arms and Far Cry Ubisoft is very quickly becoming my favored company. I hope you'll check this game out for your own good. :up: I hope that my take on Delta Force: Black Hawk Down gave me a bit of credibility in this department.....i'm very very picky on my war games. This game gets a 9.9 outta 10 in the realistic-war category. BEST ON THE MARKET.

JPhinfan86
10-13-2005, 01:20 AM
A change in the series is that Earned in Blood doesn't seem to be headed back to Playstation 2 for whatever reason. The XBOX version recieved a 91.2% (9 media outlets) ranking on Gamerankings.com while the PC version fared slightly worse at 86.7% (6 media outlets).

JPhinfan86
10-16-2005, 12:54 AM
MAJOR CORRECTION: The Playstation 2 drop date is just set back a bit from XBOX and PC. Rest assured it is coming, I was mistaken. :up: