PDA

View Full Version : REVIEW: Far Cry: Instincts

JPhinfan86
10-13-2005, 12:57 AM
If any of you happened to take my advice on "The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay" (my pick for best movie-game ever and most under-rated game ever) and you did in fact treat yourself to that experience you'll learn that Far Cry is ALOT like Chronicles. It incorporates first-person shooting with stealth and hand-to-hand combat very very smoothly. The environments are fantastic, as you'll learn from the get-go with the fantastic scenery of ocean all around you. This title also has another concept similar to that utilized in Area 51. You are given the ability to transform into a 'creature' to do some serious damage... an option I personally am not too fond of but - to each his own. I haven't played this game alot so I cannot give it an 'out of 10' rating yet. I'd rather wait to get more into it. Now Brothers In Arms i've had 3 days and i've already beaten it. I'll be sure to post what I do rate it. For now i'll simply say 'Thumps up'.

JPhinfan86
10-13-2005, 01:16 AM
Gamerankings.com lists the XBOX version of Far Cry: Instincts 84.2% (18 media outlets), the PC version recieved a 90% rating from 69 media outlets. I can honestly say that the 84.2 % sounds more accurate (and I am playing the XBOX version so that makes the most sense).

bryancox51fan
12-28-2005, 08:09 PM
can you go into more depth?

thestern
12-30-2005, 05:15 AM
I thought he game was reat but it does get repeative. Near the end of the game the whole stealth mechanic is thrown out the window. I also found that hiding in bushes didn't seem to work as well as it did in the PC version.

The game is a real beauty though probably the best looking FPS for the xbox right now.