PDA

View Full Version : Review: Conflict - Global Terror

JPhinfan86
10-13-2005, 01:32 AM
This game felt less like a sim and more like a run-and-gun Rambo-fest. My teammates were nothing short of useless and ret@rded (you might as well put Beetlejuice down there behind and M-16), the enemy A.I. was completely unrealistic. D@mn near every enemy on screen that could find the steps just flat our rushed our position with no regards to strategy. The weapons were not at all realistic. If anyone has played the other Conflict games (Desert Storm, Desert Storm II and Vietnam) this is just like that. Not at all geared toward the accurate-to-life tactical command I was expecting out of the hype. I would rank this game at about 5.6 out of 10. Not at all impressed. This doesn't mean, in any way, you wouldn't enjoy it. However, 'fun' wasn't my experience with this title. You'd be MUCH MUCH MUCH better off spending the extra $10 (retail for Conflict - $39.99, BIA - $49.99) for Brothers in Arms: Earned In Blood in my honest opinion.

Gamerankings tallied:

XBOX reached a 68% rankings from 4 media outlets

PS2 reached 65% ranking from 2 media outlets

PC reached 74% from 1 media outlet.

JPhinfan86
10-13-2005, 01:38 AM
For whatever reason GS (Global Software) either forfeited the series or formed a partnership with 2K games. They are the new team behind the franchise. Unfortunately they didn't help the series' cause. :lol: Before GS it was Gotham Games rep-ing it. :dunno:

RAS25
10-13-2005, 01:54 AM
hmm...interesting i loved the conflict:ds series i hated vietnam....i was thinking bout buying this one but looks like this will be a rental

good lookin out

Purdue Pride
10-14-2005, 10:43 AM
I also loved the DS series and hated the Vietnam one so I was weary when I bought Global Terror. I think if you liked the Desert Storm one you might like this one. I think it's alright myself.

JPhinfan86
10-16-2005, 12:52 AM
Yea, the Vietnam venture was disappointing. I do agree that I liked the Desert Storm series....just not as much as games like SOCOM and Ghost Recon. It was semi-realistic yet not quite aimed at being the sim I consider 'great'. If you understand what it is im saying. 'Vietnam' was just plain, plain. The enemies were all identical, the environments were entirely linear with bad texture. 'Camp' was much the same.

RAS25
10-16-2005, 04:41 PM
Yea, the Vietnam venture was disappointing. I do agree that I liked the Desert Storm series....just not as much as games like SOCOM and Ghost Recon. It was semi-realistic yet not quite aimed at being the sim I consider 'great'. If you understand what it is im saying. 'Vietnam' was just plain, plain. The enemies were all identical, the environments were entirely linear with bad texture. 'Camp' was much the same.

i feel ya.....ghhost recon is probably my 2nd favorite action series(behind splinter cell).....i rented global terror its ok..me and my brother were playing split screen that was pretty fun but overall its ok

JPhinfan86
10-17-2005, 01:14 PM
As many of you know, I consider Splinter Cell to be the all time greatest series ever in all of the game world.....yes, it's that good. I'm soooo psyched about he upcoming movie. Next title to be released (no date set) - Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Anarchy Galore for XBOX 360 with another version on the current gen systems. I can't freakin' wait. Although the first hints about the movie concern me. I heard it's not going to focus on Sam Fisher, but rather on younger Splinter Cell's from the Third Echelon. I sincerely hope this is false, I guess we'll see. I do know that it won't have a hard time beating out Doom the movie (suck fest). :lol: