PDA

View Full Version : Jarhead: The Movie

Gonzo
10-13-2005, 01:53 AM
I like the director of this movie a lot. Foxx, Gylennhal59vhral, and Skaarsgard are all awesome too. Watcha think WB?

Jarhead Trailer (http://www.apple.com/trailers/universal/jarhead/)

I like the song in it a lot too. Who is that?

Jt0323
10-13-2005, 01:55 AM
Kanye West sings that song called Jesus Walks (http://music.yahoo.com/ar-304131-videos--Kanye-West)

Gonzo
10-13-2005, 02:05 AM
Kanye West sings that song called Jesus Walks (http://music.yahoo.com/ar-304131-videos--Kanye-West)

Sweet, thanks!

Wildbill3
10-13-2005, 02:53 AM
I like the director of this movie a lot. Foxx, Gylennhal59vhral, and Skaarsgard are all awesome too. Watcha think WB?

Jarhead Trailer (http://www.apple.com/trailers/universal/jarhead/)

I like the song in it a lot too. Who is that?I think my only beef with that movie seems to be the whole sniper stuff, if he is a sniper, you can forget about the whole group joke thing, snipers do not hang out with anybody.

Gonzo
10-13-2005, 03:08 AM
I think my only beef with that movie seems to be the whole sniper stuff, if he is a sniper, you can forget about the whole group joke thing, snipers do not hang out with anybody.

That's why they're all a bit looney. Every sniper in my unit was.

But keep in mind its a movie :lol: . And the paintball scene is pretty funny.

Wildbill3
10-13-2005, 03:27 AM
That's why they're all a bit looney. Every sniper in my unit was.

But keep in mind its a movie :lol: . And the paintball scene is pretty funny.I must be old school, we never had a paintball course.:lol:

cnc66
10-13-2005, 06:07 AM
I must be old school, we never had a paintball course.:lol:

old school indeed, hard to muzzle load a paint ball eh leatherneck

Buddwalk
10-13-2005, 06:34 AM
I think my only beef with that movie seems to be the whole sniper stuff, if he is a sniper, you can forget about the whole group joke thing, snipers do not hang out with anybody.

True

cnc66
10-13-2005, 06:35 AM
True

mornin' Budd !

Buddwalk
10-13-2005, 06:48 AM
mornin' Budd !

mornin cnc :D

No school for me today so thought i'd start off good by not even going to bed. Lets see how many days conesecutively i can go with out sleep. How many you think before i crack?

Gonzo
10-14-2005, 12:05 AM
I must be old school, we never had a paintball course.:lol:

well, 2 years older than me and we had frickin' lasers beams.

Best laser tag ever.

PeaTearGriffin
10-14-2005, 12:18 AM
i have 3 movies that i want to see in the theaters: jarhead, history of violence, and capote(PSH fan). I think jarhead could be really really good

Gonzo
10-14-2005, 12:51 AM
i have 3 movies that i want to see in the theaters: jarhead, history of violence, and capote(PSH fan). I think jarhead could be really really good

I was supposed to see Green Street Hooligans tonight, but I had some school schtuff to go too. :shakeno: I agree with all of yours.

ih8brady
10-14-2005, 01:37 AM
Didn't like American Beauty...and I know no one from the cast save Foxx....I'll wait for when it comes on TV though.

Gonzo
10-14-2005, 02:01 AM
Didn't like American Beauty...and I know no one from the cast save Foxx....I'll wait for when it comes on TV though.

Have you seen Road to Perdition or Donnie Darko? This movie is zero like American Beauty. The director refuses to do two movies alike.

ih8brady
10-14-2005, 02:12 AM
didnt know he made road to perdition, which was good. Still, takes a lot for me to fork over cash to see a flick nowadays. Havent paid to see a movie in like a year and a half. King Kong and Munich will prob make me go.

Gonzo
10-14-2005, 02:45 AM
didnt know he made road to perdition, which was good. Still, takes a lot for me to fork over cash to see a flick nowadays. Havent paid to see a movie in like a year and a half. King Kong and Munich will prob make me go.

I can definetly understand that. I haven't seen nearly as many movies as I used to. King Kong is a definite. Green Street Hooligans, Domino, Saw II, Zathura, Harry Potter, Chronicles of Narnia, and Walk the Line may change that in the next couple of months.

Fin Fan in Cali
10-14-2005, 07:46 PM
old school indeed, hard to muzzle load a paint ball eh leatherneckSemper Fi, Do or Die!

tucker
10-14-2005, 09:04 PM
been wanting to see this for a while now

ih8brady
10-14-2005, 10:33 PM
I can definetly understand that. I haven't seen nearly as many movies as I used to. King Kong is a definite. Green Street Hooligans, Domino, Saw II, Zathura, Harry Potter, Chronicles of Narnia, and Walk the Line may change that in the next couple of months.

Domino seems interesting(daughter of famous actor turns bounty hunter---true story) but it recieved a lot of bad reviews. Post here how it was if you see it. :goof:

Gonzo
10-15-2005, 03:09 AM
Domino seems interesting(daughter of famous actor turns bounty hunter---true story) but it recieved a lot of bad reviews. Post here how it was if you see it. :goof:

Yeah, I just read one from the only critic that I think is worth a damn. Its now a renter at best. Keep in mind that that list is of now. I always have long lists of upcoming movies that have potential that filmmakers are managing to screw up far more frequently. :confused2

backpacker
10-15-2005, 12:11 PM
I want to see this movie really bad to. I've always loved war books, movies, and shows. I feel like I learn alot from them, and plus the action is great.

dolphan117
10-15-2005, 08:36 PM
Have you seen Road to Perdition or Donnie Darko? This movie is zero like American Beauty. The director refuses to do two movies alike.

Loved Road to Perdition. He should do a decent job although I agree, snipers are lone wolves.

Gonzo
10-15-2005, 09:22 PM
I just rewatched the trailer, and I can't see where they say anything about him being a sniper. :confused:

PeaTearGriffin
10-15-2005, 09:50 PM
They show him with one when he pops a bubble and i think in the other trailer they show him on the shooting range with one. plus in his book hes a sniper

Gonzo
10-15-2005, 11:14 PM
They show him with one when he pops a bubble and i think in the other trailer they show him on the shooting range with one. plus in his book hes a sniper

Oh, I didn't read the book (didn't even know there was one, good?). I fired a sniper rifle when I was in the service, several times, but that didn't make me a sniper.

backpacker
10-16-2005, 12:39 AM
What really sucks the most is, I'm probably never gonna see it, unless I find a way to download it. It's rated R, and has "Strong Sexual Content", so I know there's no chance of me seeing it at a theater, and my parents sure as hell won't let me rent it. I guess I'll have to get ahold of the book.

Gonzo
10-16-2005, 12:58 AM
What really sucks the most is, I'm probably never gonna see it, unless I find a way to download it. It's rated R, and has "Strong Sexual Content", so I know there's no chance of me seeing it at a theater, and my parents sure as hell won't let me rent it. I guess I'll have to get ahold of the book.

How old are you?

backpacker
10-16-2005, 12:59 AM
How old are you?

Let's just say I have a few years until I graduate from high school, and I have never been held back.

SMadison29
10-20-2005, 12:14 AM
It doesn't look like it's a movie about a sniper.

I like the song in it a lot too. Who is that?

Man, that was one of the top songs from last year.

byroan
10-20-2005, 12:17 AM
I don't like the fact that Jamie Foxx is in the movie. He's just not an actor I can take seriously. I've always envisioned him as a funny guy.

Gonzo
10-20-2005, 12:50 AM
It doesn't look like it's a movie about a sniper.

Man, that was one of the top songs from last year.

I don't listen to much rap. I may download the song, but I won't pay for it or the CD. I did like the song, but I would definetly get tired of it pretty quick, which is how it is with most rap for me (with the exception of De La Soul, k-os, and a few others).

Edit: As for being a top song, I haven't watched MTV in years (literally) and I rarely listen to the radio, and when I do its not the hip hop station which sucks here.