PDA

View Full Version : Hooking up subwoofers

UCFinfan86
10-13-2005, 12:23 PM
I had a box with 2 subwoofers in my 92 civic and when i sold my civic i had all the wires and the box taken out. Well now i still have the wires and i got a new truck, a 2005 Chevy Colorado. I have been without my subs(they are sittin in my closet) for about 6 months now and i want them in my trcuk now. The problem is idk if they will hook up b/c in my civic i had an aftermarket CD player that had like bass control and what not. In my colorado i got the stock CD player but i like it cuz its got the MP3 CD player and it doesnt have like bass control and everything so i was wondering if anybody knew if i would have to buy a new CD player to hook up my subs in truck cuz if i do i dont think i really want to do that b/c a MP3 CD player is gonna cost prolly atleast 150$ and i dont want just a regular CD player anymore cuz now im spoiled. Also though, im gettin an IPOD for christmas, so actually if i can get a regualr CD player that allows for Ipod hookups that would work actually. Anyway any help is greatly appreciated.

GreenMonster
10-13-2005, 12:25 PM
I had a box with 2 subwoofers in my 92 civic and when i sold my civic i had all the wires and the box taken out. Well now i still have the wires and i got a new truck, a 2005 Chevy Colorado. I have been without my subs(they are sittin in my closet) for about 6 months now and i want them in my trcuk now. The problem is idk if they will hook up b/c in my civic i had an aftermarket CD player that had like bass control and what not. In my colorado i got the stock CD player but i like it cuz its got the MP3 CD player and it doesnt have like bass control and everything so i was wondering if anybody knew if i would have to buy a new CD player to hook up my subs in truck cuz if i do i dont think i really want to do that b/c a MP3 CD player is gonna cost prolly atleast 150$ and i dont want just a regular CD player anymore cuz now im spoiled. Also though, im gettin an IPOD for christmas, so actually if i can get a regualr CD player that allows for Ipod hookups that would work actually. Anyway any help is greatly appreciated.

Now you will just need componet to get it to hook up right.. Damn boy already pimping a new Colorado...

UCFinfan86
10-13-2005, 04:10 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2005/12/Picture019-1.jpg
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2005/10/Picture018-1.jpg
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2005/10/Picture020-1.jpg
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2005/10/Picture021-1.jpg
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2005/10/Picture022-1.jpg

FIN-IN-RI
10-13-2005, 04:14 PM

Take the stock deck out and see if it has amp pre outs.. IF it does you are golden if it does not then it could get a little complicated, not really though.

If the radio DOES NOT have pre-outs then you can buy a converter that will take the signal from your speakers(line-in) and it converts the signal to RCA.. then run the rca's to your amp....

if u need more info hit me up on AIM

FIN-IN-RI
10-13-2005, 04:15 PM
i doubt that deck has pre-outs..

go to radio shack and buy a RCA converter (whatever its called, they'll know what you mean)

you'll be up and running in no time.. it won't sound as good as it would with an aftermarket deck but it'll bump!

UCFinfan86
10-13-2005, 04:16 PM
that is the back seat were i will put it, it is about 22 inches wide(from back of my seat to the back) and the box is liek 18 1/2 inches wide. the box ix 29 inches long and it will go form the door the beginning of hte other seat and there is the cupholder hting there that i can easily take out u just unscrew it. I know a truck box would be alot easier but i have no money, all the money i get goes into the truck payments $215 a month plsu the $140 insurance plus the gas that is guzzles down. Also that is the picutre of my stereo, i just found out that it does have tremble and bass n fade and all that stuff. I kno that the truck box would be better on space but does anyone know how much one would cost? also my current box lights up blue when its on and i would have to have to just throw that box away cuz the dude taht sold me the box at best buy said that the box is prolly worht more then the subs. i bought htem about a year ago and at time i bought the subs for 150$, 550 watts each and my amp 460 watts for 130$(i kno its a low watts for the amp but they are both dual and that amp was made for these subs) I cnat sell these subs for anythign cuz both the amp and sub went down in price and i wont get anywhere near what i paid for it if i could even seel it. What im hopin is i can put this box in there wihtout it being too crowded and that my current CD player will play this idk how i can find htis out unless someone just knows that it will or won't. Also if a truck box is only like 50$ maybe i could get a truck box but i doubt a box is only 50$, and then maybe i could put my box in the paper and sell it for 50$? idk i mean it looks cool when its on how it lights up.

UCFinfan86
10-13-2005, 04:18 PM
idk anything bout like stereos so idk what id be looking for, but also how would i take thta deck out?

FIN-IN-RI
10-13-2005, 04:19 PM
its up to you but id keep the subs in the bandpass.. a truck box wont be too much money .but it wont be flashy/

I say get the converter (20-30 bucks) and then if u get the Ipod for christmas, get an aftermarket deck that has ipod hookups.. youll get better sound quality.

FIN-IN-RI
10-13-2005, 04:20 PM
idk anything bout like stereos so idk what id be looking for, but also how would i take thta deck out?

its a chevy right? shouldnt be too hard.