PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Analogy of Busta Rhymes/9-11 mixup

Fresh
10-13-2005, 01:47 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

This is the picture of the 1998 "Extinction Level Event" album cover; Which looks like lower Manhattan with a fire storm in an area that would just about pin point where the World Trade Centers were.

This is a quick verse people need to acknowledge, connecting the rapper Busta Rhymes to 9/11.

These are lyrics from Track 6 (Against All Odds feat. Flipmode) on his 1998 release “Extinction Level Event”, this album features Janet Jackson as a guest artist on the song “What’s It Gonna Be”….

Busta Rhymes’ verse is as follows;

Yo, what you want from us now there’s a lot more of us
Stay toatin’ (weapons) under my different flavorful Nautica
Destroy any arch rival, or any challenger
Make you remember this day, nigga, mark it on ya calendar
I’m showin’ you somethin’, you ain’t sayin’ nothin’
My niggaz make noise like a bunch of volcanoes errupting
None of yall niggas really wonna war….
THE TYPE OF NIGGA TO CRASH MY PLANE IN YOUR BUILDING IN THE NAME OF ALLAH

---End of His Verse---

The chorus goes on about dropping bombs and concludes with “Call the National Guard”, then the song goes into Track 7, but the numbers on the minutes and seconds display don’t begin with (00:00), they began with (-01:19), which is apperently 911 backwards. It’s common, for those of you who’ve noticed, that sometimes in between tracks on a cd, there may be a moment of silence for 1 – 2 seconds, and when the track flips it looks as if it counts down from (-00:02) before the song starts, but it is very unlikely to see a rapper or any musician insert an interlude with audio that lasts over a minute, and manufacture it to play in this particular way. Usually an interlude this long has it’s own track.

If you know someone who has the CD by Busta Rhymes, called Extinction Level Event: The Final World Front, listen and observe it for yourself. I have a phillips portable boom box which displayed the numbers exactly as I just described, although when I went to show my brother-in-law, on his Sony stereo it counted back from (-01:20).

Even though many supposedly knew there would be an attack on the World Trade Center, how many actually knew that this attack would involve a plane being driven into the building. Busta Rhymes obviously knew about it in 1998. He should be questioned like every other suspect related to terrorist investagations regarding the World Trade Center tragedy. If you’ve followed Busta’s solo career, you know that every album he dropped before 2000 was a countdown to his beliefs of Armegedon. Listen to the intro to this album, and the outro, and you’ll see exactly what he believed. The outro is called the burial song which sounds like he thought he was a prophet. In his plan for destruction, he’s telling his followers that if they should lose their lives, they’d be reborn, and to know that their death was for a divine purpose. It sounds like what Americans would expect a Bin Laden surmon to sound like in Arabic.

*note that this is from his 1998 album*

Dag, that's some crazy sh-t. Obviously somebody has too much time on their hands and the article is reaching, but it DOES make you think. I mean, for a coincidence(which I believe it is), that is a lot of comparisons that 3-years later came 100% true..just something I saw on the All Hip Hop forum & brought it to your attention for discussion.

Talos
10-13-2005, 02:11 PM
The comparisons are interesting but it seems a big reach, especially "He should be questioned like every other suspect related to terrorist investagations regarding the World Trade Center tragedy" . Of course I'm sure they've interrogated people over less.

WharfRat
10-13-2005, 03:19 PM
I don't think that's lower Manhattan....

There is no bridge resembling that on the west side of lower Manhattan, and certainly not in the WTC area.

That bridge is NOT the Brooklyn Bridge, although the stancion looks similar...besides... the Brooklyn and Manhattan Bridges connect Manhattan to Brooklyn on the East side.
The WTC area is lower West side. The Holland Tunnel is the closest connection between Manhattan and NJ on the West side....

Prime Time
10-13-2005, 04:17 PM
In the name of Allah is what I think is the biggest question mark, but yeah it is a big reach.