PDA

View Full Version : why doesn't anyone make movies of other super heros?

ROSCO P.C. JR
10-14-2005, 01:46 PM
with all the superman and batman movies i am surprised that the movie industry doesnt make any movies of the other comic book heros. so i want to run the name of these superheros by you guys and seeif you think it would be a bad mocie idea or a good idea.

personaly i woulke to see the following heros .

1 GREEN ARROW from dc comics

#2 CAPTAIN AMERICA from marvel comics

#3 WONDER WOMAN from dc comics , I dont know who should play her.

#4 THE FLASH from dc comics get actor brad pitt

#5 HAWKMAN AND HAWKWOMAN get julie bowen and rodney carrington

#6 BATGIRL AND SUPERGIRL GET jessica biel and christy conaway

i cant think of any other super heros from marvel comics excepth spiderman and the hulk.
can somebody help me out here.
:snooze:

WharfRat
10-14-2005, 01:48 PM
Captain America was made... but it was really poor.

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0103923/

It's a shame too, because he was one of my favorites as a kid....

Jt0323
10-14-2005, 01:48 PM
they should make a movie with all super heros in it or something like that

Talos
10-14-2005, 02:32 PM
They're currently working on a Wonder Woman movie and a Flash movie. As for a Green Arrow movie, it'd be nice if Kevin Smith made it as odd as that sounds, since he wrote the comics that brought Green Arrow back to popularity a few years ago.

Gonzo
10-14-2005, 03:15 PM
They're currently working on a Wonder Woman movie and a Flash movie. As for a Green Arrow movie, it'd be nice if Kevin Smith made it as odd as that sounds, since he wrote the comics that brought Green Arrow back to popularity a few years ago.

From what I understand, he was thinking about it. But right now he is working on The Passion of the Clerks, so who knows.

Also, Marvel has started an independent line of films to start filming soon. Here are some of the characters they are planning on making movies for:

The ten Marvel characters in the arrangement are Captain America, The Avengers, Nick Fury, Black Panther, Ant-Man, Cloak & Dagger, Dr. Strange, Hawkeye, Power Pack and Shang-Chi. Not sure why Ant-man, but the others could be interesting.

Warning, this site has a bunch of pop-ups, only go if you don't believe me lol (http://www.themovieinsider.com/news/nid/2168/Marvel_Launches_Independent_Film_Slate.html)

MischiefDolphin
10-14-2005, 03:28 PM
Green Lantern.... why no Green Lantern?

Phin-o-rama
10-14-2005, 03:38 PM
dc comics = teh ghey

TJamesW_phinfan
10-14-2005, 03:45 PM

I would like to see them do cameos since that has been so common in the comics as it is anyway. It would be very cool (with good directing, acting, and effects) if the Silver Surfer was in the next FF movie if not his own movie. I always thought a scene with the surfer playing with or racing military jets to Satrianis tune would be good. Or Captain America, Iron Man or any of the Avengers were in the next Spiderman.

Quote:
The ten Marvel characters in the arrangement are Captain America, The Avengers, Nick Fury, Black Panther, Ant-Man, Cloak & Dagger, Dr. Strange, Hawkeye, Power Pack and Shang-Chi.

I was a big fan of Marvel comics and The Avengers, Doctor Strange, and Schang-Chi were among my favorites. I was also a big fan of Marvel's Captain Marvel but realize he isn't a big enough character to warrant a movie but a cameo would be cool. And for DC Green Arrow and or Dr Fate would be characters I'd like to see in a big budget flick. I heard (read) a rumor that Werewolf by Night was being considered for a movie but you know how internet rumors are. :)

And yes the Captain America movie that was on TV was pretty bad just like many of the movies and shows based on Marvel comics at that time. I remember a hulk episode or movie where they butchered thor's character. Fortunately in years past hollywood finaly seems to be seeing that these characters don't have to be in sappy productions to be entertaining.

FinsNCanes
10-14-2005, 03:47 PM
I could of sworn they were supposed to make a Silver Surfer movie a few years back.

Prime
10-14-2005, 03:57 PM

That would make the movie go bad then.

SCall13
10-14-2005, 04:17 PM
THey are going to do Iron Man as well. At one time, TOm Cruise was expected to star. I don't know if that's still the case. You know Hollywood, they change constantly.

Jt0323
10-14-2005, 05:21 PM
That would make the movie go bad then.

not necessarily

Green Lantern.... why no Green Lantern?
yeah i would love to see a Green Lantern move!

Roman529
10-14-2005, 05:26 PM
I'd love to see the Green Lantern....that was one of my favorite superheroes, after Spriderman and Ghostrider.....They are supposedly gonna make Ghostrider with Nicholas Cage in the starring role. I would love to see Green Lantern with the Rock playing him. :)

Jt0323
10-14-2005, 05:33 PM
I'd love to see the Green Lantern....that was one of my favorite superheroes, after Spriderman and Ghostrider.....They are supposedly gonna make Ghostrider with Nicholas Cage in the starring role. I would love to see Green Lantern with the Rock playing him. :)

or maybe him
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

ROSCO P.C. JR
10-14-2005, 07:04 PM
do any of you guys remember these comic book heros ?
Black Canary a blond woman who dated or married green arrow.
atom, a little guy who could shrink down.
the red tornando , elongated man and there were a couple of others.
I would think the green lantern and green arrow would make a terific movie especially if they team up. or wonder woman and black canary would make a great team.
man i must give it up to myself i should go to hollywood and make movies myself.

Slappy8800
10-14-2005, 09:08 PM
www.superherohype.com

Wildbill3
10-15-2005, 12:33 AM
Just read in Wizard today, marvel has a new studio for making thier own movies, and they have at least 10 superhero films planned

wazzy
10-15-2005, 01:03 AM
Who is going to star as Flash Gordon? I was a huge Flash fan growing up.

kastofsna120
10-15-2005, 01:13 AM
i think they ran out of popular comic book characters. when green lantern is at the top of the list now, it's time to stop the trend

Wildbill3
10-15-2005, 01:20 AM
i think they ran out of popular comic book characters. when green lantern is at the top of the list now, it's time to stop the trendAs long as the movies are making money, why would they stop?

Gonzo
10-15-2005, 03:11 AM
As long as the movies are making money, why would they stop?

Exactly. I will take an original comic book movie over another remake any day. I just can't wait for them to remake X-Men 1...

kastofsna120
10-15-2005, 03:21 AM
god forbid someone make a movie that's not a remake of anything

MischiefDolphin
10-15-2005, 03:54 AM

NO!!!!

Gonzo
10-15-2005, 04:23 AM

Already filming.

Miamian
10-15-2005, 02:45 PM
Green Lantern would be cool. How about Aquaman?

Since no one else has listed them, as far as the ladies go:

There was a Supergirl movie, but it sucked big time.

Batgirl appeared in one of the Batman movies, played by Alicia Silverstone.

There was also a Wonder Woman movie, with Cathy Lee Crosby, that was made before I could probably speak and maybe before I was born. It was awful. She didn't do anything anyone could.

Gonzo
10-15-2005, 02:51 PM
Green Lantern would be cool. How about Aquaman?

Since no one else has listed them, as far as the ladies go:

There was a Supergirl movie, but it sucked big time.

Batgirl appeared in one of the Batman movies, played by Alicia Silverstone.

There was also a Wonder Woman movie, with Cathy Lee Crosby, that was made before I could probably speak and maybe before I was born. It was awful. She didn't do anything anyone could.

Don't forget Spider Babe...

Clark Kent
10-15-2005, 04:19 PM
with all the superman and batman movies i am surprised that the movie industry doesnt make any movies of the other comic book heros. so i want to run the name of these superheros by you guys and seeif you think it would be a bad mocie idea or a good idea.

i cant think of any other super heros from marvel comics excepth spiderman and the hulk.

Brad Pitt can't be the Flash, he's better suited for Captain America.

Wasn't their a rumor that the actor in Entourage (Vince) was going to be aqua man (interesting enough, that was what his character in the show was going to film)?

ABrownLamp
10-15-2005, 04:38 PM

When I was a kid I always thought Hawkman was the lamest superhero.
WTF did this guy do anyway, besides dress in the most ungodly outfit in the comic world?

He could fly...BFD...Flying is par for the course in the superhero world.
I've seen The Flash fly in certain episodes.
Could he talk to birds or something.
Nothing scarier than a flock of pigeons flying at you.
How this guy defeated villians in the comic books I have no idea.

unifiedtheory
10-15-2005, 04:49 PM
When I was a kid I always thought Hawkman was the lamest superhero.
WTF did this guy do anyway, besides dress in the most ungodly outfit in the comic world?

He could fly...BFD...Flying is par for the course in the superhero world.
I've seen The Flash fly in certain episodes.
Could he talk to birds or something.
Nothing scarier than a flock of pigeons flying at you.
How this guy defeated villians in the comic books I have no idea.

:rofl3:

ROSCO P.C. JR
10-15-2005, 08:13 PM
I always liked aquaman , green lantern, black canary, and green arrow . i think a comedy of green arrow or just a drama of green arrow with all the tricks would be a cool movie. how about cris o' donnell as aquaman kiefer sutherland as the green lantern ?

ROSCO P.C. JR
10-15-2005, 08:19 PM
here are the easiest movie to make in my own opinion.

flash , green arrow , green lantern, wonder woman, black canary, atom, red tornado and maybe the elongated man.

i thought hawkman was ok but i like black canary and wonder woman.

if robin hood was a good movie then i would think green arrow could be a smash. i just know i am sick of superman, and batman movies especially the last batman movie.

Dudeman
10-15-2005, 08:24 PM
Don't forget Spider Babe...

Spider Babe is on late night Cinemax. Its by the same production company that brings you Gladiator Eroticus and Lord of the G Strings :lol:

Dudeman
10-15-2005, 08:25 PM
THey are going to do Iron Man as well. At one time, TOm Cruise was expected to star. I don't know if that's still the case. You know Hollywood, they change constantly.

I always though Tom Selleck would make a good Tony Stark

kastofsna120
10-15-2005, 09:01 PM
has there been a stretch armstrong movie yet :shakeno:

Gonzo
10-15-2005, 09:17 PM
has there been a stretch armstrong movie yet :shakeno:

Damn, thats a great idea! Dibs!

d-day
10-15-2005, 10:15 PM
best.super.hero.ever.

ROSCO P.C. JR
10-15-2005, 10:58 PM
good one dday , I always kneew that I could count on my ole pal dday , the ledgion of fin heaven.

Gonzo
10-15-2005, 11:06 PM
best.super.hero.ever.

Better than:
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif ?
I never thought I could feel so freee-eee-eee!

d-day
10-15-2005, 11:11 PM
Better than:
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif ?
I never thought I could feel so freee-eee-eee!

yup - even better than mindwarp and the mor as electra woman and dynagirl

Gonzo
10-15-2005, 11:18 PM
yup - even better than mindwarp and the mor as electra woman and dynagirl

Now you are going to far. :shakeno:

Are you factoring in the new Mormobile in that observation?

Whatsdatson20
10-15-2005, 11:28 PM

I have worked with movies before. Here are some answers...

Green Arrow- Nothing

Captain America- Marvel is about to start casting for the project if they havnt started already.

Wonder Woman- This movie was actully already in the works but they scratched it cause the director was unhappy with things. He said he is not going to do the movie untill he has the PERFECT actress for the role. And he had plenty other script problems with the movie. Too many holes.

The Flash- This has been made in the past. Nothing great.

Hawkman and Hawkwoman- Not sure about hawkwoman but hawkman should be in something in the upcoming years. It wont be his own movie but he will be incorporated into another one like Captain America or something.

Batgirl and Supergirl- well goodluck on the supergirl movie. But Batgirl was in the "Batman and Robin" motion picture. As for her own movie, probablly not anytime soon.

Misc- Aquaman could appear as a small role in others movies. Green Lantern is most likely gonna happen. There was a rumor that they were gonna have JACK BLACK star but I think thats just a rumor for obvious reasons.

Marvel and DC is actully planning a whole takeover soon. They are gonna release a whole lot of projects. They are talking of doing like a superleague movie but they are going to rename it from superleague to something else. (cant remember the new name at this moment.)

Anyways, I hope that helped.

Miamian
10-16-2005, 06:53 AM
Wonder Woman- This movie was actully already in the works but they scratched it cause the director was unhappy with things. He said he is not going to do the movie untill he has the PERFECT actress for the role. And he had plenty other script problems with the movie. Too many holes.

:cry: Aw, I was looking forward that that one.

Maybe they could clone Lynda Carter?