PDA

View Full Version : Road To Sunday

JPhinfan86
10-16-2005, 01:09 AM
I'm sure this has been discussed and it's been a while since it was announced, but I felt it worthy to mention. The second title meant to compete in the non-NFL license football videogame market "Road To Sunday" has been cancelled. All production has been stopped, funding pulled and plans erased. This leaves Blitz: The League as the only alternative to Madden (it'll still be better :P). There was no concrete reason for stopping to project but my guess is that it has something to do with being realistic on the subject. They probably realized that going up against an established franchise (Blitz....although not in the same form) isn't going to go very well. :dunno:

byroan
10-16-2005, 01:13 AM
If 2ksports had came out with a football game, I would have bought it and enjoyed every bit of it no matter how realistic it was. As long as the gameplay is great and graphics are decent, then I don't care. Especially when it would be 19.99 :lol:

JPhinfan86
10-16-2005, 01:41 AM
Thank you very very much. EA's monopoly is wrong on so many levels. I'm the #1 ESPN NFL FOOTBALL fan ever....no doubt. Having that taken away is absolute sh!t....I was so angry, just as Madden fans would be if Madden was no longer around.

UCFinfan86
10-16-2005, 06:57 AM
you people don't even know what you are talking about. EA sports didn't go to the NFL and buy them out. The NFL said they wanted only 1 football game and EA dished out more money. If 2k6 had offered more money then there would be no madden. Get over it, 2k5 sucked anyway, the graphics were ok and the presentation was ok but the players moved liek blocks, didnt move at angles and moved to slow.

Agent51
10-16-2005, 07:44 PM
you people don't even know what you are talking about. EA sports didn't go to the NFL and buy them out. The NFL said they wanted only 1 football game and EA dished out more money. If 2k6 had offered more money then there would be no madden. Get over it, 2k5 sucked anyway, the graphics were ok and the presentation was ok but the players moved liek blocks, didnt move at angles and moved to slow.

EXACTLY. It was the NFL's doing, not EA, and 2K5 had OK graphics, great presentation, and absolute CRAP gameplay.

JPhinfan86
10-17-2005, 01:25 PM
First of all....nice rip off of my name, however I do understand the deep admiration. Second, Madden is a sloppy 'sim' with bad player models. EVERY SINGLE year is a very non-progressive re-hash of the same game since 2001. The new 'cone vision' is not effective in the least and the player models STILL suck. Those of you that appreciate bad player physics (because of the player-friendly advangtage it provides) are sorely mistaken if you believe that consitutes 'accurate'. I borrowed this game from the store and attempted to like it. I really did. I played it for a week straight and came out of it with feelings much the same as each year since the conception of the series. It sucks, it more than likely always will. It's honestly dissappointing to see a monopoly wipe out the all time greatest football video game. Enjoy your suck fest Mini-me.

P.S. - Players moved like blocks? Ok you're obviously judging 2K, not 2K5. Madden, as I said, has THEE worst physics ever. EVERY SINGLE player moves like a robot....to call that 'realism' is just plain pathetic. It's like watching 22 C-3P0's chase each other around the field. Horrible. All of the newest add-ons like 'realistic faces'and 'fans in the stands' are COMPLETE rip-offs from the 2K series whether you'll admit it or not Mini-Me. Next.

UCFinfan86
10-17-2005, 01:47 PM
ya w/e u say that i ripped off ur name, but ive had this name for awhile on yahoo and everything but if u think i ripped it off u then hey whatever floats ur boat. And idk what game your playing, The madden players don't move liek blocks and not every player is the same and if u think like that u are in the minority b/c 75% of the people on this forum perfer madden.

<removed>

Mod Edit: See ya.

byroan
10-17-2005, 01:50 PM
ya w/e u say that i ripped off ur name, but ive had this name for awhile on yahoo and everything but if u think i ripped it off u then hey whatever floats ur boat. And idk what game your playing, The madden players don't move liek blocks and not every player is the same and if u think like that u are in the minority b/c 75% of the people on this forum perfer madden.

<removed>

Mod Edit: See ya.

Way to go off the deep end when I'm posting in this thread. :shakeno:

JPhinfan86
10-17-2005, 02:00 PM
Well that 75% that 'perfer' Madden can enjoy. However, I do not care for it.....period. You go ahead and play, whatever floats your boat. :up:

RAS25
10-17-2005, 04:15 PM
IMO 2k5>Madden i was boycotting madden for a while then i borrowed a buddys copy and i just really didnt like it very much....im curious to see how the blitz game will turn out ,but i wish there was a 2k6:cry:

dolphinfan2k5
10-17-2005, 09:17 PM
2k5 sucked anyway

:cry: :cry: