PDA

View Full Version : Stewardess Calls in Threat to Get Day Off

BAMAPHIN 22
10-17-2005, 08:14 AM
A SriLankan Airlines stewardess called in a bomb threat because she wanted a day off, a newspaper reported Sunday.

Investigators traced the call and found that it was made from a mobile phone belonging to the stewardess' boyfriend, Colombo's Sunday Times weekly reported.

"The inquiry reveals that the stewardess had given the false alarm because she did not want to fly that day," it said.

The stewardess was fired, it reported.

SriLankan Airlines spokeswoman Ruvini Jayasinghe declined to either confirm or deny the report and referred the call to senior officials, who were not immediately reachable.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051016/ap_on_re_as/sri_lanka_bomb_hoax;_ylt=AlepLjDkxRJEn2jj1BGXlSms0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTA3b2NibDltBHNlYwM3MTY-

A Wing Pilot
10-17-2005, 08:19 AM
You do it from a payphone dumb a**!!!!! I mean I heard, yeah, thats what you should do... and make sure not to touch it with your bare hands

BAMAPHIN 22
10-17-2005, 08:46 AM
You do it from a payphone dumb a**!!!!! I mean I heard, yeah, thats what you should do... and make sure not to touch it with your bare hands

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Rosstu
10-17-2005, 08:02 PM
I wonder that counts as sick day or personal. :tongue:

Buddwalk
10-17-2005, 08:03 PM

I'll remember to do that next time i'm calling in a bomb threat. I've already been suspended a couple times this year maybe that will be my next stunt :lol:

j/k

Prime
10-17-2005, 08:03 PM
Well that was pretty dumb. Wouldn't make more sense if she just called in sick?

JTBRLZ
10-17-2005, 08:17 PM
Haha, like in Road Trip where the girl calls in a bomb threat so the guy doesn't miss his final.

painnotpleasure
10-17-2005, 09:18 PM
You've got to be kidding me... what people wouldn't do to get out of work. Is she going to be facing federal charges?? I mean calling in a threat like that is a federal offense. I mean, I'm sure she's going to get in a lot more trouble than just losing her job.

Jt0323
10-17-2005, 10:00 PM
yeah i assume she would be in alot of trouble

Quelonio
10-17-2005, 11:21 PM
Imagine how you would hate to be a passenger, you probably want to kill that stewardess.

ROSCO P.C. JR
10-17-2005, 11:31 PM
I'll remember to do that next time i'm calling in a bomb threat. I've already been suspended a couple times this year maybe that will be my next stunt :lol:

j/k

man buddwalk you crack me up , i am luaghing so hard i just split my side , and my liver is flopping out my side.:cool:

byroan
10-17-2005, 11:33 PM
Reminds me of a kid who got expelled from my high school. He made a bomb threat to our school in the hallway in front of a camera on his cell.

painnotpleasure
10-18-2005, 12:15 AM
Reminds me of a kid who got expelled from my high school. He made a bomb threat to our school in the hallway in front of a camera on his cell. :0wned: :rofl:

RAS25
10-18-2005, 12:24 AM
:rolleyes: i think they perfer the term "flight attendant"

:tongue:

jeremiah:seven
10-19-2005, 03:12 AM
Reminds me of a kid who got expelled from my high school. He made a bomb threat to our school in the hallway in front of a camera on his cell.

sounds like he should have been educated, not expelled... Might be a little harsh, but what he did is funny.

byroan
10-19-2005, 11:15 AM
sounds like he should have been educated, not expelled... Might be a little harsh, but what he did is funny.

No it isn't. Maybe in Australia it is, but here we take those kind of things seriously.

UltraDol-Fan
10-19-2005, 12:08 PM
You've got to be kidding me... what people wouldn't do to get out of work. Is she going to be facing federal charges?? I mean calling in a threat like that is a federal offense. I mean, I'm sure she's going to get in a lot more trouble than just losing her job.

It may not be a Federal Offense where she is from...