PDA

View Full Version : Rocky VI !!!!!

Lukin
10-17-2005, 11:46 AM
YES (http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/Movies/10/17/film.stallone.reut/index.html) :yes:

Nappy Roots
10-17-2005, 12:41 PM
:shakeno:

Mindwarp
10-17-2005, 12:47 PM
oh noes

ohall
10-17-2005, 12:48 PM
It should be fun to watch. I always liked the Rocky movies. Well except for the last one.

mor911
10-17-2005, 12:51 PM
again... movie studios ressurect an old classic and ruin it in the name of a dollar.... The Mor is not happy with the state of originality these days.

Talos
10-17-2005, 01:02 PM
God....can't Sylvester Stallone just disappear.

Buddwalk
10-17-2005, 02:15 PM
YES (http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/Movies/10/17/film.stallone.reut/index.html) :yes:

:D Yes some of my favorite movies...awesome!

Jt0323
10-17-2005, 02:20 PM
I told u all! look at my Ten Years later thread!

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=81472

2008:
Super bowl: New York Jets vs Dallas Cowboys- Winner: Jets
World Series: New York Mets vs California Angles- Mets win in 7 games
News: Please Welcome the Newest NFL team the California Red Devils
Entertainment: Rocky VI is released in theaters
New President is President Giuliani
Gone but not forgotten: Rocky

Caps
10-17-2005, 04:27 PM
I really hope this movie doesn't suck. It probably will though.

Buddwalk
10-17-2005, 04:30 PM
I told u all! look at my Ten Years later thread!

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=81472

Your a psychic...ahh back beast back :lol:

Jt0323
10-17-2005, 04:34 PM
i think this movie might be a good one, cause Stallone is tring real hard to make it a great movie and make it feel like a new kind of rocky

Talos
10-17-2005, 04:34 PM
I really hope this movie doesn't suck. It probably will though.

The odds of this movie not sucking are worse than the odds of the Texans winning the Super Bowl this year.

Pagan
10-17-2005, 05:19 PM
The odds of this movie not sucking are worse than the odds of the Texans winning the Super Bowl this year.
The odds of this movies not sucking are worse than the odds of all of us lining up to give Shaq a footrub after a triple overtime game.

*SIDENOTE* The guy he's gunna fight in the movie is named "Mason 'The Line' Dixon"???

Let me correct myself, the odds of this movie sucking wouldn't be TOUCHED by anyone in Vegas....:roflmao:

Jt0323
10-17-2005, 05:25 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Buddwalk
10-17-2005, 05:27 PM
The odds of this movies not sucking are worse than the odds of all of us lining up to give Shaq a footrub after a triple overtime game.

*SIDENOTE* The guy he's gunna fight in the movie is named "Mason 'The Line' Dixon"???

Let me correct myself, the odds of this movie sucking wouldn't be TOUCHED by anyone in Vegas....:roflmao:

You must not be a fan...True fans will stick by the movie no matter how good it is...not saying its gonna be great but i doubt it will suck

HATER!!!

Mindwarp
10-17-2005, 05:51 PM
ok the tag line is

"hes back for the knock out blow"

Double you Tee Ef?

Gonzo
10-18-2005, 12:29 AM

That must be old. Now it is going by the title Rocky Balboa. And Roy Jones Jr. is playing Mason Dixon. More sequels is not a good thing. Just look at Aliens vs. Predator, Godfather III (makes a great coaster when you by the special edition DVD set, which is still worth the money), Rocky V (!), etc.

Edit: Here's a link Rocky Balboa (http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=21575)

On a side note, we were designing a Medieval monastery in one of my classes and I suggested Rocky V as our relic. They didn't go for it. They did go for the multi-colored panchos instead of tunics though.

Pagan
10-18-2005, 09:48 AM
You must not be a fan...True fans will stick by the movie no matter how good it is...not saying its gonna be great but i doubt it will suck

HATER!!!
I saw every Rocky, Budd. I grew up in the Bronx, in a predominantly Italian neighborhood. Are you kidding me? Stallone was like GOD where I grew up. Every goomba and guidette riding in their IROC Z was a Rocky fan. Between Stallone and Sinatra, you couldn't swing a dead cat around without hitting something that pertained to them in my area.

However, being a true fan doesn't mean you accept every piece of crap they throw at you! This isn't like being a fan of a sports team. True fans don't stick by a movie just because it carries the franchise name. I'm probably the biggest Maiden fan on earth, but "Virtual XI" SUCKS!

A 60 year old man fighting s guy named MASON DIXON? You're kidding right? You actually think this will be good?

If I'm a hater because of that Budd, you're a lemming for following just because it says "Rocky" on it! :lol:

Godfather III, Jaws III & IV, Any Friday the 13th after IV, Star Wars: Episode 1, Revenge of the Nerds III, The Howling III, IV, V, VI, etc etc, Police Academy III, Nightmare on Elm Street V.....shall I continue? ;)

Buddwalk
10-18-2005, 09:59 AM
I saw every Rocky, Budd. I grew up in the Bronx, in a predominantly Italian neighborhood. Are you kidding me? Stallone was like GOD where I grew up. Every goomba and guidette riding in their IROC Z was a Rocky fan. Between Stallone and Sinatra, you couldn't swing a dead cat around without hitting something that pertained to them in my area.

However, being a true fan doesn't mean you accept every piece of crap they throw at you! This isn't like being a fan of a sports team. True fans don't stick by a movie just because it carries the franchise name. I'm probably the biggest Maiden fan on earth, but "Virtual XI" SUCKS!

A 60 year old man fighting s guy named MASON DIXON? You're kidding right? You actually think this will be good?

If I'm a hater because of that Budd, you're a lemming for following just because it says "Rocky" on it! :lol:

Godfather III, Jaws III & IV, Any Friday the 13th after IV, Star Wars: Episode 1, Revenge of the Nerds III, The Howling III, IV, V, VI, etc etc, Police Academy III, Nightmare on Elm Street V.....shall I continue? ;)

Actually please continue. You say true fans dont stick by movies just cause of the name actually your way off on this one man, All the new star wars movies were sold out for days. Now im not saying this movies gonna be great but your already pinning it as the worst in the series. Give the movie a chance man ok, dont doubt until you've seen it. Now onto the movies you named yeah i'll agree alot of the ones you named sucked...but some of these you named are in your opinion. Movies have had successors after some plummets look at Freddy vs Jason, it tore up the box office and came off with a good overall rating and i thought it was good. Godfather series has been dead since the first, The only jaws that was good was the 1st and it had alot to do with the time it came out. Episode 1 wasnt bad imo....And honestly i didnt like any of the revenge of the nerds

Buddwalk
10-18-2005, 10:04 AM
BTW Pagan i've been listening to a couple clips of your band on the site...and some of its actually pretty good man. I kind of shyed away from it in the beginning maybe cause i was too dumb, but its real good man. I might even purchase a cd if i can :D

mor911
10-18-2005, 10:13 AM

The Mor has been saying this for ever now. Preach on Pagan!

Pagan
10-18-2005, 10:22 AM
Actually please continue. You say true fans dont stick by movies just cause of the name actually your way off on this one man, All the new star wars movies were sold out for days. Now im not saying this movies gonna be great but your already pinning it as the worst in the series. Give the movie a chance man ok, dont doubt until you've seen it. Now onto the movies you named yeah i'll agree alot of the ones you named sucked...but some of these you named are in your opinion. Movies have had successors after some plummets look at Freddy vs Jason, it tore up the box office and came off with a good overall rating and i thought it was good. Godfather series has been dead since the first, The only jaws that was good was the 1st and it had alot to do with the time it came out. Episode 1 wasnt bad imo....And honestly i didnt like any of the revenge of the nerds
Have to disagree with you on a few points. First off...Star Wars and Star Trek you can't use as examples, because the hardcore fans are ridiculous. You don't see Godfather fans standing in the street for a week before the movie opens dressed as Sonny Corleone waiting to see the movie! :lol: Those guys will see a movie if it's titled "Klingon Diahrrea."

Second, the Godfather II was EXCELLENT...probably better than the first.

Third, I don't consider Freddy vs. Jason a Friday the 13th sequel. It's an entirely new franchise in my eyes, and yes...it was a good gore flick.

BTW Pagan i've been listening to a couple clips of your band on the site...and some of its actually pretty good man. I kind of shyed away from it in the beginning maybe cause i was too dumb, but its real good man. I might even purchase a cd if i can :D
You can if you want Budd, but I'd wait until we release the 3rd CD. We've moved into a different direction. ;)

NJFINSFAN1
10-18-2005, 10:27 AM
You can if you want Budd, but I'd wait until we release the 3rd CD. We've moved into a different direction. ;)

Going back to your disco roots?:lol:

PS

All the Rocky movies stunk!

Pagan
10-18-2005, 10:36 AM
Going back to your disco roots?:lol:
Damn....you're on to us. I'll have to put my sequined pants, silk shirt and platform shoes back in the closet now. :lol:

NJFINSFAN1
10-18-2005, 10:37 AM
Damn....you're on to us. I'll have to put my sequined pants, silk shirt and platform shoes back in the closet now. :lol:

You don't still have the John Tra white suit in your closet?:lol:

Justasportsfan
10-18-2005, 10:54 AM
What's the storyline? Rocky battles a different opponent ....his addiction to viagara?

Buddwalk
10-18-2005, 12:06 PM
Have to disagree with you on a few points. First off...Star Wars and Star Trek you can't use as examples, because the hardcore fans are ridiculous. You don't see Godfather fans standing in the street for a week before the movie opens dressed as Sonny Corleone waiting to see the movie! :lol: Those guys will see a movie if it's titled "Klingon Diahrrea."

Second, the Godfather II was EXCELLENT...probably better than the first.

Third, I don't consider Freddy vs. Jason a Friday the 13th sequel. It's an entirely new franchise in my eyes, and yes...it was a good gore flick.

You did make some good points im not gonna lie. But godfather fans and star wars fans are way way different. Godfather is a great movie but the fanbase for the movie is big but no diehard fans, thats all starwars is. People are starving for a new rocky movie and it'll make money not saying it'll be good but i doubt it will just 100% blow. Also dude listening to your bands stuff i dont know what i was thinking but dude i really like it...i'll definitely buy your new cd, your guitarist is also pretty good :D

NJFINSFAN1
10-18-2005, 12:26 PM
You did make some good points im not gonna lie. But godfather fans and star wars fans are way way different. Godfather is a great movie but the fanbase for the movie is big but no diehard fans, thats all starwars is. People are starving for a new rocky movie and it'll make money not saying it'll be good but i doubt it will just 100% blow. Also dude listening to your bands stuff i dont know what i was thinking but dude i really like it...i'll definitely buy your new cd, your guitarist is also pretty good :D

Pagan's new Album

It's called back to my Roots!

Buddwalk
10-18-2005, 12:46 PM
Pagan's new Album

Ahh the disco theme...classic :lol:

Pagan
10-18-2005, 01:07 PM
Also dude listening to your bands stuff i dont know what i was thinking but dude i really like it...i'll definitely buy your new cd, your guitarist is also pretty good :D
Thanks man. Like I said, the next one will be pretty intense. :D

Pagan's new Album

GAH! I'd give birth to a flaming porcupine before I wore an outfit like that one! :lol:

Buddwalk
10-18-2005, 01:17 PM
Thanks man. Like I said, the next one will be pretty intense. :D

GAH! I'd give birth to a flaming porcupine before I wore an outfit like that one! :lol:

Sure man...Hopefully you guys will give me some inspiration on your next cd for me to actually sit down and write something. I just got Acid Pro 4.0, good recording program :D

Jt0323
10-18-2005, 02:22 PM
That must be old. Now it is going by the title Rocky Balboa. And Roy Jones Jr. is playing Mason Dixon. More sequels is not a good thing. Just look at Aliens vs. Predator, Godfather III (makes a great coaster when you by the special edition DVD set, which is still worth the money), Rocky V (!), etc.

Edit: Here's a link Rocky Balboa (http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=21575)

On a side note, we were designing a Medieval monastery in one of my classes and I suggested Rocky V as our relic. They didn't go for it. They did go for the multi-colored panchos instead of tunics though.

yeah someone made it a while ago

Roman529
10-18-2005, 04:49 PM
I can't wait for Rambo IV....I think Colonel Trautman died though? :( Maybe Sylvester can make a Die Hard movie with Bruce Willis and call it Die Hard Rambo IV. :lol:

Gonzo
10-18-2005, 10:35 PM

Gonna have to disagree. Rocky fans are not in the same league as Star Wars geeks. Rocky I worldwide gross was $225,000,000 worldwide (theater) vs. $119,946,358 worldwide for Rocky V. Average reviews (according to IMDB) started as high as 7.8/10 for Rocky then dropped steadily until hitting 4.0 for Rocky V. It gives a pretty good estimate of how people feel about continuing the series.

There is also another difference between Star Wars and Rocky. Star Wars could continue because its storyline allowed for an injection of new talent. It didn't have Luke using a lightsaber cane or using the force to control his bladder. Rocky, on the other hand can't do this unless it focuses on his pansy of a son. If thats the case, they might as well change the title to Rocky Ballerina.

Lukin
10-24-2005, 02:07 PM
That must be old. Now it is going by the title Rocky Balboa. And Roy Jones Jr. is playing Mason Dixon. [/URL]

That's actually false. Antonio Tarver is playing Mason Dixon now.

QB2RonnieTD23
10-24-2005, 03:12 PM
I know it's going to be terrible, but as long as it's entitled "Rocky", no matter what number, it will sucker me into theaters to go see it. I saw the original in 1977, i loved it. Growing up in Philadelphia it was amazing to watch, i've seen it at least 100 times. I remember every scene, many lines from it. It's still so great that i'll go see a new one anytime.....

NaboCane
10-24-2005, 03:57 PM
I can't wait for Rambo IV....I think Colonel Trautman died though? :( Maybe Sylvester can make a Die Hard movie with Bruce Willis and call it Die Hard Rambo IV. :lol:

I'd pay to see that.

:D

Scrap
10-24-2005, 03:59 PM
I like Rocky movies. 1 was good. 2 was good. 3 decent, not good though. 4 was best IMO. 5 sucked. 6......who knows ? I'll give it a shot, unless the trailer just looks completely stupid.