PDA

View Full Version : Our defense, special teams in the 2nd half!

phinsphan4ever
12-02-2001, 05:53 PM
Our defense really stepped it up in the 2nd half. Our front four really started to win the battle of the trenches on the line of scrimmage. Props go out to Kenny Mixon for the tremendous 55 yd interception returned for a touchdown. Also, our special teams came up huge with the forced fumble and Scott Gaylon recovering it. And of course, the emerging superstar, #84 Chris Chambers had a nice TD reception that got us back in the game.:cool:

dolphan39
12-02-2001, 05:56 PM
...this year. Great ST and D, positive TO ration and Jay being Mr Efficient. Of course, Lamar was supposed to be the #1 key, but that has proved unnecessary for these 4th quarter dominators.

dolfan06
12-02-2001, 07:26 PM
how can QB look so good and so bad, time after time. thank god the defense showed up and the contribution from special teams. the fins win and jets loss was fantastic, but how many times are we gonna watch fiedler overthrow a receiver before wanny does something? :(

Dolfan984
12-02-2001, 07:44 PM
Come on, Fiedler isn't perfect. Give the guy a little slack. I mean he does have 0 INTs in the last two games. As long as he keeps that up it's ALL good.

dolfan06
12-02-2001, 07:49 PM
to start the year. chambers should have had 2 more TD's. how in the hell do you over-throw somebody as fast as chambers?

Kamikaze
12-02-2001, 08:17 PM
It's good that our defense alone is enough to win games, but we can't rely on them all the time. Fiedler is capable of winning games here and there, but he cannot possibly lead us through the hell that is the postseason. If we can get our running game rollin', and Fiedler doesn't make any huge mistakes, then we have a shot. A solid defense, good rushing attack, and mistake-free play will win a championship. That's what the Ravens did last year.

"Do I have a good quote? Who do you think I am? Vince Lombardi?"

akfinfan
12-02-2001, 09:31 PM
What is it with you people?!?!? We win Jay does throw any INTS for a 2nd dtraight game, and yet people are still complaining!! SO WHAT JAY is overthrowing the WR, but most of you were bitching that he doesn't have the arm to throw downfield!! Well the man is throwing downfield, WAY downfield, sonething he didn't do last year. He would underthrow everyone. Give the man a break!! Phins are 8-3 and should be ranked 3rd behind the Rams and the lucky Steelers!! I would be happy if playoffs were next week, because the Dolphins would have a first round bye!!

iceblizzard69
12-02-2001, 10:12 PM
Jay didn't throw an interception against a weak secondary and a struggling secondary. He didn't have the amazing game he did against Barfalo, but he did enough to win this week, and that is all that matters. Chambers- If I were you, I would change your signature. I wouldn't count on the Vikes in the super bowl.

FinsOnTop
12-02-2001, 10:47 PM
Ever notice that the other team always seems to take the 2nd half kickoff and go the distance?

akfinfan
12-02-2001, 11:07 PM
You said Denver has a weak secondary, I disagree they have 16 INTs which is like tied for 3rd most in the NFL. Their defense all together is top 10.

mytedolfan
12-02-2001, 11:24 PM
I agree...great game by the D today....I would say they won the game for the Fins. Fiedler did well too.....good stats, no ints...most important.

Fins in 2001 SB? You mean 2002 don't you? :)

I would LOVE for the fins to not only get to the SB but win it....but they have to start runinng the ball MUCH better than they have been.......Lamar Smith got like 15 carries, 36 yards?? That ain't going to do it....unless the fins win the rest of their games, the steelers and the raiders lose most of their remaing ones...the fins are going to travel.....be it Oakland or Pittsburgh.....now that's a scary thought! :eek:

phinsphan4ever
12-02-2001, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by mytedolfan
I agree...great game by the D today....I would say they won the game for the Fins. Fiedler did well too.....good stats, no ints...most important.

Fins in 2001 SB? You mean 2002 don't you? :)

I would LOVE for the fins to not only get to the SB but win it....but they have to start runinng the ball MUCH better than they have been.......Lamar Smith got like 15 carries, 36 yards?? That ain't going to do it....unless the fins win the rest of their games, the steelers and the raiders lose most of their remaing ones...the fins are going to travel.....be it Oakland or Pittsburgh.....now that's a scary thought! :eek:

It would be for the 2001 season. For example, the Ravens are the 2000 SB champs. They won the SB in the year 2001, but it was the 2000 season.

dolfan06
12-03-2001, 12:24 AM
i really don't think anybody is bitching about the win, at least i'm not bitching. i was just pointing out, one TD was set up by special teams and one was scored by the defense. the offense only scored once on its own merit.
the defense is not gonna score every game and even though fiedler is playing error free ball, this is over midway through the season and if he doesn't know his receiverd now, he never will. we need points, the defense can't shut the opposing team down everytime, there are to many good players out there!:(

iceblizzard69
12-03-2001, 07:56 PM
True Denver's secondary does have a lot of interceptions, but half of them are by Dealtha O'Neal (who is doing great so far). But overall, the Denver secondary hasn't exactly been amazing.