PDA

View Full Version : Burnout: Revenge -- Xbox (also available on PS2)

mor911
10-18-2005, 09:29 AM
The Mor has been a longtime fan of the Burnout series. When Burnout: Revenge was released, he ran to the store and picked it up.

Burnout: Revenge (BR) is beautiful. When you turn it on, everything from the tutorials to the menus look great. The game itself looks astounding. The cars you start with are all cool. A Huge problem with Burnout 3 (and a lot of racing games for that matter), you start out with undesirable cars... BR fixes this.

BR also takes what you love about the classic Burnout games and builds on it. If you're looking for full simulation racing, go buy Forza or Gran Turismo 4. If you want crazy driving with insane crash physics, BR is the way to go.

Criterion has added some new crash and battle modes to BR and it's a ton of fun. One gripe The Mor has is the new rear-ending rule. When you rear-end someone in BR, as long as it's not an oversized vehicle or a truck... You will not crash. This game isn't supposed to be realistic by any means... But come on!

All in all, BR is great, and The Mor recomends it for all fans of the series and people looking for good and crazy crashing.

8.9/10

Motion
10-18-2005, 10:24 AM
That was on last month's Playstation Magazine's demo disc. Pretty sweet.

UltraDol-Fan
10-18-2005, 12:14 PM
I guess the real question for me is do I buy it or wait and save for the 360?

mor911
10-18-2005, 12:49 PM
Not sure... Definitely go rent it at least. :D

Motion
10-18-2005, 01:03 PM

Yeah I'd say rent. Unless your really into those kinda arcade fake racing games. It is fun but not worth the $50 IMO.

dolphinfan2k5
10-18-2005, 04:35 PM
I didn't see too much difference between it and Burnout 3, only a few minor changes.

VanDolPhan
10-18-2005, 10:06 PM
Or wait for Burnout on the Xbox 360 like I am.

I might go and buy Full Auto on the 360 till then.

Gah I have no idea what game to get with the 360.

mor911
10-18-2005, 10:40 PM

Off topic, but the Mor has to buy Oblivion. Looks like the most promising release game for th 360 IMO.

Agent51
10-19-2005, 04:36 PM

Not a huge XBox fan, but I will eventually get it, maybe at release, maybe not, but out of the release titles the one that catches my eye the most (aside from Oblivion, which Mor mentioned) would be that test drive game. It realistically maps all of the Hawaiian island of Oahu, just like the True Crimes game did with Los Angeles. IDK, maybe that's only cool to me because I live there 4 months of the year, lol. Its a cool concept too, you own a huge mansion and the cars are SWEET, they even model the insides so you can have a cockpit view of all the cars, so you can see what it really looks like flying down the highway at 200mph in a Ferrari.

Talos
10-20-2005, 02:45 PM
The Mor is a complete disappointment for not telling me he bought Burnout Revenge. Burnout games, while not the most technical racing games out there, are some of the most fun games to play. Last year when we brought our xbox's to work, one of the highlights was getting people together to play Burnout 3 on the projector and taking turns on Crash mode.

Motion
10-20-2005, 03:16 PM

That is a hard decision, especially if your only getting one. They have a pretty impressive lineup for launch.