PDA

View Full Version : 05 1st Round Busts

tylerdolphin
10-18-2005, 04:27 PM
Who do you think are early candidates for biggest first rd bust of last years draft. We know Ronnie and Caddy arent busts, so who in you mind is?

TjHawk
10-18-2005, 08:52 PM
Mr James out of wisconsin to the Vikes.

kastofsna120
10-18-2005, 08:54 PM
the ones i picked to be busts:

alex smith
cadillac
pacman jones
demarcus ware
shawne merriman
erasmus james
fabian washington
jason campbell
roddy white
mike patterson

i'm not confident in any of those to say they've proven me wrong

FaninPatsyLand
10-18-2005, 09:58 PM
Pacman Jones has to be the biggest bust to date.

SMadison29
10-18-2005, 10:17 PM

Not even Cadillac?

kastofsna120
10-18-2005, 10:18 PM
Not even Cadillac?
nope

jnewmant
10-18-2005, 10:18 PM
caddy has shown he can play when healthy but if he can't get on the field that makes him a BUST

SMadison29
10-18-2005, 10:38 PM
nope

He's #2 in ypg. Hardly a bust thus far.

Buddwalk
10-19-2005, 12:57 AM

alex smith
cadillac
pacman jones
demarcus ware
shawne merriman
erasmus james
fabian washington
jason campbell
roddy white
mike patterson

Caddy has been a force, Demarcus Ware and Mike Patterson have been making plays so far this year. The rest you were right

tylerdolphin
10-19-2005, 03:29 PM
I agree with Alex Smith. I prefered Rodgers. I wouldnt have really minded if the Dolphins picked him, but Im glad we took Ronnie.

Nappy Roots
10-19-2005, 04:53 PM
I agree with Alex Smith. I prefered Rodgers. I wouldnt have really minded if the Dolphins picked him, but Im glad we took Ronnie.

me to..

my board was way agaisnt what actually happend at the draft...if i remember right my board was this..

1. Rodgers
2. Benson
3. Cadillac
4. Edwards
5. Brown
6. Rolle
7. derric johnson
8. mike williams
9. alex smith
10. pac man jones

this prolly isnt my real list, i have a horrible memory, im positive the first 6, after than i have no clue if thats right....

Talos
10-19-2005, 04:55 PM
I gotta go with Pacman so far.

Prime
10-19-2005, 08:55 PM
PacMan has got to be the biggest bust of this draft class. He is already creating problems for the Titans.

Joneal7
10-19-2005, 09:15 PM
Benson could be up there..but he kinda ruined it for himself by not signing early

SMadison29
10-19-2005, 09:40 PM
Pac-Man hasn't been a bust. You guys are taking into account his off the field stuff too much. He's #3 in the NFL in kickoff return average & is starting at CB.

kastofsna120
10-19-2005, 09:46 PM
i can't believe people are saying pacman has been the biggest bust

Prime
10-19-2005, 09:46 PM
Pac-Man hasn't been a bust. You guys are taking into account his off the field stuff too much. He's #3 in the NFL in kickoff return average & is starting at CB.

There is no doubt that he is a very good returner. But the problem is that he is getting burnt and making little dumb mistakes.

kastofsna120
10-19-2005, 09:50 PM
There is no doubt that he is a very good returner. But the problem is that he is getting burnt and making little dumb mistakes.
he had a GREAT game against someone this year (forgot who), a lot better than most rookie CBs. still, i think he'll end up being a bust

Oboy
10-20-2005, 09:41 AM
As of right now, I'd say Benson is the bigges bust. He was drafted at #4 and has not done anything. In the few games he has played, he looked tenative and not real powerful.

ChambersWI
10-20-2005, 09:49 PM

alex smith
cadillac
pacman jones
demarcus ware
shawne merriman
erasmus james
fabian washington
jason campbell
roddy white
mike patterson

of those guys...

alex smith-Probably. He'll need to get use to a pro offense

cadillac-only if Gruden wears him out

pacman jones-Hasn't done that great as a cb, but he has a future as a KR/PR

demarcus ware-4 sacks last 4 games, not bad

shawne merriman-he's gotten better each game he's played, but nothing that great so far.

erasmus james-right now, looks like it

fabian washington-definatly, he was a 1st rounder because of speed alone

jason campbell-Don't know yet, probably only because he rose up so fast

roddy white-I don't think so, but I doubt he'll succeed in Atlanta (I doubt many WRs will succeed in Atlanta)

mike patterson-He has a couple of sacks, but he has been a liability in the run defense.

Other guys I'll add

Cedric Benson-self-endosed. He held out, hasn't showed that much when he's in games, and Thomas Jones is having a career season.

Mike Williams-Not because I think he's a bad player, but I don't see him having much success in Detroit (see Roddy White)

Travis Johnson-Not a good fit for the 3-4.

Chris Spencer-Huge project to begin with.

kastofsna120
10-20-2005, 10:03 PM
chris spencer a huge project?

ChambersWI
10-21-2005, 06:58 AM
chris spencer a huge project?

don't get me wrong, he is a great prospect with a lot of talent, but he hasn't played that long

Nappy Roots
10-21-2005, 11:30 AM
fabian washington-definatly, he was a 1st rounder because of speed alone.

well since i went to school with Fabian ive been keeping up with him. first couple games he didnt get any playing time what so ever except special teams, their 2nd round rookie CB was playing over him. but the last 3 games i think he has been starting opposite Charles Woodson and they dont throw to Fabos side much. so hes lookin good right now.

Batman13
10-21-2005, 02:24 PM
There's no such thing as a bust 6 games into your career. That said, the guy that has been given the oppurtunity to produce and hasn't is Mike Williams. I have seen him drop quite a few of those slants.

Dors156
10-22-2005, 11:04 PM
With the number one overall pick in the draft the san francisco 49ers select Alex"the big bust of the draft"smith from utah.

:rofl3:THE FUNNY THING IS,I TOLD ALL MY FRIENDS HE WILL BE A BUST AND LOOK WHAT HAPPENED

Philter25
10-22-2005, 11:07 PM
I dont know how you can call anyone a bust not even halfway into the season. :lol:

For a QB, EVERYONE knows its a good 2-3 year evaulation period. Would you all call Carson Palmer a bust? Someone remind me the numbers he put up his first year. :lol: Along with Carson, I can name a good chunk of QBs who put up horrible first year numbers where a handful of them are now in the hall of fame. Would you guys call them a bust after game 6? :rofl3:

kastofsna120
10-22-2005, 11:19 PM
I dont know how you can call anyone a bust not even halfway into the season. :lol:

For a QB, EVERYONE knows its a good 2-3 year evaulation period. Would you all call Carson Palmer a bust? Someone remind me the numbers he put up his first year. :lol: Along with Carson, I can name a good chunk of QBs who put up horrible first year numbers where a handful of them are now in the hall of fame. Would you guys call them a bust after game 6? :rofl3:
what the hell are you talking about? palmer's first year was damn good. that's the worst example you could've possibly come up with

NorthFloridaFin
10-22-2005, 11:20 PM
I think someone needs to clarify the difference between players who are considered bust. A 1st round bust is someone who over the course of their career never justify why they were selected as high as they were(Ryan Leaf). A bust is not someone like Cedric Benson who doesn't get the opportunity to play because the other running back on the team is having a career year. No way in high heaven is Alex Smith considered a bust, yet. One bad game does not mean it will continue throughout his career.
1st rd bust examples- Sammie Smith, Ryan Leaf, Dan Wilkerson, Steve Etman, Ki-Jana Carter, Rashaan Salaam, Brian Bosworth, so on and soforth.

kastofsna120
10-22-2005, 11:20 PM
so, not getting the chance to play makes someone a bust, but getting injured does? carter never was the same after his season-ending injury his rookie year

NorthFloridaFin
10-23-2005, 01:27 AM
so, not getting the chance to play makes someone a bust, but getting injured does? carter never was the same after his season-ending injury his rookie year

Yes, Ki-Jana Carter was a bust. He was drafted #1 overall and has I think less than 1,000 career yards. Regardless of the injuries he had numerous chances to resurrect his career but failed. Cedric Benson is yet to be called a bust because he hasn't haven't the opportunity to display what he can do yet. I still don't know why Chicago drafted him when they had Jones already. I had them pegged to draft Mike Williams.

Philter25
10-23-2005, 11:35 AM
what the hell are you talking about? palmer's first year was damn good. that's the worst example you could've possibly come up with

In 2003, when Palmer was drafted, what were his numbers? :lol: If 0's across the board is a "damn good" year for you, then I agree. :lol: Take that to the bank smart@$$. :lol:

My point was its a 2-3 year evaluation period for QBs. You cant tell how good they are after their first year, point being PALMER DIDNT PLAY his first year. Why didnt he play? Because it takes time for rookie QBs to learn the offense. Rookie QBs on a wholescale level either a) struggle their first year, b) spend most or ALL of the year on the bench to learn the offense, c) have freak years like Roethlisberger which happens once every decade.

Want other examples? How about Drew Brees? Peyton Manning had an iffy first year. Eli Manning had an iffy first year. Heck, Jake Delhomme had a horrible first FIVE years in the league. Would you call any of these guys busts because they struggled or had limited action in their first year?

All these guys either had limited action their first year struggling when they played or spent a lot of time onthe bench learning the offense.

Philter25
10-23-2005, 11:36 AM
I think someone needs to clarify the difference between players who are considered bust. A 1st round bust is someone who over the course of their career never justify why they were selected as high as they were(Ryan Leaf). A bust is not someone like Cedric Benson who doesn't get the opportunity to play because the other running back on the team is having a career year. No way in high heaven is Alex Smith considered a bust, yet. One bad game does not mean it will continue throughout his career.
1st rd bust examples- Sammie Smith, Ryan Leaf, Dan Wilkerson, Steve Etman, Ki-Jana Carter, Rashaan Salaam, Brian Bosworth, so on and soforth.

Thank you. Without even completing a full year of football, its IMPOSSIBLE to peg anyone as a bust yet.

kastofsna120
10-23-2005, 11:46 AM
In 2003, when Palmer was drafted, what were his numbers? :lol: If 0's across the board is a "damn good" year for you, then I agree. :lol: Take that to the bank smart@$$. :lol:

My point was its a 2-3 year evaluation period for QBs. You cant tell how good they are after their first year, point being PALMER DIDNT PLAY his first year. Why didnt he play? Because it takes time for rookie QBs to learn the offense. Rookie QBs on a wholescale level either a) struggle their first year, b) spend most or ALL of the year on the bench to learn the offense, c) have freak years like Roethlisberger which happens once every decade.

Want other examples? How about Drew Brees? Peyton Manning had an iffy first year. Eli Manning had an iffy first year. Heck, Jake Delhomme had a horrible first FIVE years in the league. Would you call any of these guys busts because they struggled or had limited action in their first year?

All these guys either had limited action their first year struggling when they played or spent a lot of time onthe bench learning the offense.
:rolleyes: a rookie QB who doesn't even play isn't having a bad year. that's pretty ridiculous. and peyton manning had a great rookie year. don't be an idiot and twist logic to your own perception

Philter25
10-23-2005, 01:08 PM
:rolleyes: a rookie QB who doesn't even play isn't having a bad year. that's pretty ridiculous. and peyton manning had a great rookie year. don't be an idiot and twist logic to your own perception

:rolleyes: I never said Carson had a bad rookie year. RE-read my post. I said would people call him a bust BECAUSE he didnt play his rookie year. Alex Smith has only played one single game and didnt play his first 4 games. The one poster was calling Alex Smith a bust, he hasnt played a complete season and was on the bench for the first couple of games.

It was an example. If someone is going to call Alex Smith a bust after 1 game, I asked them if they would call Carson a bust because he sat his entire first year.

Peyton Manning didnt have a great rookie year either, Ben Roethlisberger had a great rookie year, Peyton had an iffy rookie year. Peyton threw a lot of INTs his rookie year before he got up to speed with the NFL and had a great second year.

Like I said numerous times before, its a 2-3 year evaluation period for a QB and calling any rookie QB a bust after 6 games is completely moronic. Hence why in my posts I didnt call ANY QB a bust until at least after their second year.

KB21
10-23-2005, 01:54 PM
Nobody is a bust right now. This is just their first year.

amir7
10-23-2005, 03:11 PM
pac-man, benson, fabian washington, pollack

Nappy Roots
10-23-2005, 04:56 PM
fabian washington

explain?

Pink_Dove
10-23-2005, 08:48 PM
For all those Fabian Washington doubters, he sure didn't look like a bust making a BIG tackle on Willis Mcgahee today. Showing he's got more than that famous 4.28 speed...

kastofsna120
10-23-2005, 08:52 PM
For all those Fabian Washington doubters, he sure didn't look like a bust making a BIG tackle on Willis Mcgahee today. Showing he's got more than that famous 4.28 speed...
yeah, i always change my mind on players when they make one tackle behind the line of scrimmage on a runningback that was stuffed in the backfield by the other players on the defense earlier in the play. greeeeeat point

Gadsden86
10-23-2005, 09:08 PM
i'd say benson and roddy white been demoted to last wr.

tylerdolphin
10-23-2005, 09:37 PM
I forget who F. Washington got drafted by. I can't remember for the life of me

FinsNYanksFan13
10-23-2005, 09:41 PM
The Raiders drafted Washington!

dolphan117
10-23-2005, 10:07 PM

True, people may underacheive in there first year but a bad first year dosnt make a bust. Last year Vernon Carey played so badly in practice he couldent even get any PT, now with new coaching he is our starting RT and may turn out to a player. Still needs to improve but I dont think most people would call him a bust.

McDuffie81
10-23-2005, 10:48 PM
Yes, Ki-Jana Carter was a bust. He was drafted #1 overall and has I think less than 1,000 career yards. Regardless of the injuries he had numerous chances to resurrect his career but failed. Cedric Benson is yet to be called a bust because he hasn't haven't the opportunity to display what he can do yet. I still don't know why Chicago drafted him when they had Jones already. I had them pegged to draft Mike Williams. Kijana WASNT a bust. Its not a given a player can recover from a serious injury (Bo Jackson).

Pink_Dove
10-24-2005, 10:34 PM
yeah, i always change my mind on players when they make one tackle behind the line of scrimmage on a runningback that was stuffed in the backfield by the other players on the defense earlier in the play. greeeeeat point

The point was...if Fabian Washington was a bust as you are all claiming (even though you probably havn't watched a single Raiders game) he wouldn't even be on the damn field at this point. Instead he's playing one of the hardest positions out there and making plays.

Nappy Roots
10-24-2005, 10:48 PM
The point was...if Fabian Washington was a bust as you are all claiming (even though you probably havn't watched a single Raiders game) he wouldn't even be on the damn field at this point. Instead he's playing one of the hardest positions out there and making plays.

truth, like i said, i watch almost every Raiders game to keep up with Fabo cause i went to school with him. he didnt play a single down other than special teams, the first couple games, since then hes been starting and not getting thrown on much.

kastofsna120
10-24-2005, 11:13 PM
first of all, he hasn't played enough to be benched for being a bust. the point is that you singled out ONE play he's made since he's been in the NFL, why? because that's the ONLY thing he's done. in fact that's the only tackle he made in that game. he didn't even start. this guy was drafted for his speed and ONLY his speed. he's NOT a good cover corner

Nappy Roots
10-24-2005, 11:37 PM
first of all, he hasn't played enough to be benched for being a bust. the point is that you singled out ONE play he's made since he's been in the NFL, why? because that's the ONLY thing he's done. in fact that's the only tackle he made in that game. he didn't even start. this guy was drafted for his speed and ONLY his speed. he's NOT a good cover corner

.......wrong

Joneal7
10-24-2005, 11:52 PM
my spider sence is telling me there is tension between a few members

SMadison29
10-25-2005, 12:41 AM
In 2003, when Palmer was drafted, what were his numbers? If 0's across the board is a "damn good" year for you, then I agree. Take that to the bank smart@$$.

I put up those same #s that year :lol:

Alex Smith has only played one single game and didnt play his first 4 games. The one poster was calling Alex Smith a bust, he hasnt played a complete season and was on the bench for the first couple of games.

IMO he was a bust when he was drafted. I am so glad San Fran took him & not us. His completion % & QB rating are pretty attractive. It's not going to get any better this week vs Tampa.

Nappy Roots
10-25-2005, 12:44 AM
my spider sence is telling me there is tension between a few members

im fine with everyone. i like arguing with people that like to argue, makes it fun. specially someone that usually knows his stuff.

Nappy Roots
10-25-2005, 12:46 AM
IMO he was a bust when he was drafted. I am so glad San Fran took him & not us. His completion % & QB rating are pretty attractive. It's not going to get any better this week vs Tampa.

this is the concept people are having trouble grasping. yes, no one is offically a bust, but in our opinions so and so will be and is.....

and also, yes im also very happy SF took him. i thought he was to much of a project to take top 10 even.

byroan
10-25-2005, 01:08 AM
Yes, Ki-Jana Carter was a bust. He was drafted #1 overall and has I think less than 1,000 career yards. Regardless of the injuries he had numerous chances to resurrect his career but failed. Cedric Benson is yet to be called a bust because he hasn't haven't the opportunity to display what he can do yet. I still don't know why Chicago drafted him when they had Jones already. I had them pegged to draft Mike Williams.

Injuries shouldn't make someone a bust. Poor play does. Just like Yatil Green, he wasn't a bust. He just couldn't stay healthy. Nothing he really has control over.

kastofsna120
10-25-2005, 01:53 AM
.......wrong
......right. go watch some nebraska games from the past 2 seasons. he's good on the deep routes and strict man-to-man, but with every other aspect of being a CB, he's pretty average. of course, washington looks like a brilliant pick compared to stanford routt in the 2nd round

Nappy Roots
10-25-2005, 01:59 AM
......right. go watch some nebraska games from the past 2 seasons. he's good on the deep routes and strict man-to-man, but with every other aspect of being a CB, he's pretty average. of course, washington looks like a brilliant pick compared to stanford routt in the 2nd round

i watched every one of their games.....including his first when he had an int for the td, and including his others when he got burnt deep trying to make a big play. in his 3 seasons in Nebraska he shut down that side of the field with an exception of a few times where he got burnt deep. him and safety bullocks were main reasons the "black shirt" defense had came back to Nebraska, and soon as they left....:shakeno:

Buddwalk
10-25-2005, 07:39 AM
The fact of the matter this past year was the worst year for qbs since 2000 when the only 1st rounder was Chad Pennington. Even though this year really doesnt out shine last year by a mile its much better just with Leinart coing out cause you have a qb who is truely a top 5 pick. Also heres some more news Vince Young has already stated that hes not coming out for the draft unless his team wins the national title which imo looks very unlikely and Omar Jacobs breaking his collar bone i severely doubt he comes out early. So it looks right now with QBs like Kellen Clemens, Reggie McNeal, Jay Cutler, Charlie Whitehurst, and Brodie Croyle. It wouldnt shock me now if 2-3 of those guys snuck into the first round based on Vince Young and Omar Jacobs not gonna be declaring. Also with these events taking place Brady Quinn would be smart to declare now actually cause his stock is never gonnna be higher then it is now

kastofsna120
10-25-2005, 10:27 AM
i watched every one of their games.....including his first when he had an int for the td, and including his others when he got burnt deep trying to make a big play. in his 3 seasons in Nebraska he shut down that side of the field with an exception of a few times where he got burnt deep. him and safety bullocks were main reasons the "black shirt" defense had came back to Nebraska, and soon as they left....:shakeno:
that's weird because nebraska's defense is ranked a LOT higher this year than last year. this year, they pretty much shut down texas tech's offense. last year? not so much. washington is an average corner and certainly didn't add to the nebraska black shirt lore by any means. how many first round cornerbacks are honorable mention all-conference? wouldn't you want a player who's....oh i dunno....FIRST TEAM all-conference? no one mentioned his name as a first round pick till his 40 time. and we all know al davis loves speed. watch the games again, because clearly you missed something

Pink_Dove
10-25-2005, 11:44 AM
that's weird because nebraska's defense is ranked a LOT higher this year than last year. this year, they pretty much shut down texas tech's offense. last year? not so much. washington is an average corner and certainly didn't add to the nebraska black shirt lore by any means. how many first round cornerbacks are honorable mention all-conference? wouldn't you want a player who's....oh i dunno....FIRST TEAM all-conference? no one mentioned his name as a first round pick till his 40 time. and we all know al davis loves speed. watch the games again, because clearly you missed something

See that's the problem. You're basing your opinion on Washington's college career. I could try to defend his college career because after all he did start on a Nebraska team as a true freshman setting school freshman season records for pass deflections (13) and interceptions (four) to earn freshman All-America honors from The Sporting News and went on to have a productive 3 years (ranks 4th or 5th can't remember on the all-time INT list).
Or that Nebraska isn't better because Washington left :rolleyes: but because defensively they've put a lot more pressure on the QB (already 38 sacks compared to only 25 last year) with fabulous freshman Barry Turner having 5 sacks already. That's why they have a better defense. Or maybe we should ask them if they're better off now that their first round pick is gone ?

But that's not the point. The point is you're stuck on Fabian Washington being a low first rounder while some experts had him as an early second rounder.
So the guy must be a bust, picked that high, all he's got is speed right.
In 6 games he's got 9 tackles and 2 defended passes. That's far from being a bust.

kastofsna120
10-25-2005, 11:55 AM
See that's the problem. You're basing your opinion on Washington's college career. I could try to defend his college career because after all he did start on a Nebraska team as a true freshman setting school freshman season records for pass deflections (13) and interceptions (four) to earn freshman All-America honors from The Sporting News and went on to have a productive 3 years (ranks 4th or 5th can't remember on the all-time INT list).
Or that Nebraska isn't better because Washington left :rolleyes: but because defensively they've put a lot more pressure on the QB (already 38 sacks compared to only 25 last year) with fabulous freshman Barry Turner having 5 sacks already. That's why they have a better defense. Or maybe we should ask them if they're better off now that their first round pick is gone ?

But that's not the point. The point is you're stuck on Fabian Washington being a low first rounder while some experts had him as an early second rounder.
So the guy must be a bust, picked that high, all he's got is speed right.
In 6 games he's got 9 tackles and 2 defended passes. That's far from being a bust.
he shouldn't have been drafted in day 1. he's a bust until he can prove he's worth the high pick. once again, he was only considered a low 2nd round pick by the "experts" because of his 40 time. mel kiper never mentioned his name before, then on his mock draft following the combines, he added him and talked ONLY of his speed in his little analysis. he was just an AVERAGE college CB with good speed, and he won't be anything more than that in the NFL

Nappy Roots
10-25-2005, 01:57 PM
he shouldn't have been drafted in day 1. he's a bust until he can prove he's worth the high pick. once again, he was only considered a low 2nd round pick by the "experts" because of his 40 time. mel kiper never mentioned his name before, then on his mock draft following the combines, he added him and talked ONLY of his speed in his little analysis. he was just an AVERAGE college CB with good speed, and he won't be anything more than that in the NFL

Fabo came out as a junior. he knew he was good enough to play in the NFL. he would of been probably a 3rd round corner before his 40 time. i thought it was a mistake to leave early just because his junior year was probably his worst season in nebraska. but im going to say it again, hes playing extremely well right now for Oakland, they arent throwing to his side much, and he earned that job, he wasnt thrown on the field because he was a first round pick like most 1st rounders. they didnt play him till he stepped up his game and improved.

im failing to see how a guy can be a bust when hes playing good football...

HysterikiLL
10-25-2005, 04:16 PM
Too early to determine this. Ronnie is on pace to gain 6 more yards in his rookie season than....Ki-Jana Carter.

PacMan is not a bust. He has been playing very well this season. FYI, interceptions are not the core determinant in a CBs success.

The first few posts I read I saw Patterson, Ware and Merriman. All have been playing excellent so I'm a little confused at that.

My number 1 bust so far would be Alex Smith. Purely because he's sucked. I don't think he'll end up being a bust but it's way too early to know anything.

Amars
10-25-2005, 06:08 PM
PACMAN JONES is a bust.

Prime
10-25-2005, 10:08 PM
It's really unfair to call Alex Smith or the rookies with little playing time a bust. People has got to realize that Smith basicly has not talent around him and they also don't have a running game that will help him out. There WR's are below adverage and the OL isn't blocking well. Once he has talent, then he should start rolling.

Buddwalk
10-25-2005, 10:22 PM
It's really unfair to call Alex Smith or the rookies with little playing time a bust. People has got to realize that Smith basicly has not talent around him and they also don't have a running game that will help him out. There WR's are below adverage and the OL isn't blocking well. Once he has talent, then he should start rolling.

Actually there running game is pretty good and there recievers arent really that bad and there oline is blocking pretty good. Hes just a rookie

harman097
11-30-2005, 02:23 PM
no one can be called a bust yet and no one can officially be called not a bust yet. Its just a ton of speculation at this point. It also depends on if you consider someone who gets injured to be a bust. Say Ronnie goes down next game and never plays again, was he a bust?

Nappy Roots
11-30-2005, 03:38 PM
no one can be called a bust yet and no one can officially be called not a bust yet. Its just a ton of speculation at this point. It also depends on if you consider someone who gets injured to be a bust. Say Ronnie goes down next game and never plays again, was he a bust?

thats a opinion. many people think bust cant be caused by injury, many people dont.

personally i think bust cant be caused injury, but thats just me.

Amars
11-30-2005, 04:41 PM
Merriman has been Solid

Nappy Roots
11-30-2005, 05:24 PM
PacMan is not a bust. He has been playing very well this season. FYI, interceptions are not the core determinant in a CBs success.

PacMan played horrible @ the beginning, and i dont judge by INTs.

with that said, hes playing very good the last few weeks. titans like what their seeing, thats for sure.

byroan
11-30-2005, 05:27 PM
Say Ronnie goes down next game and never plays again, was he a bust?

No.

Dol_Fan_4_Ever
11-30-2005, 05:30 PM
Yeah, I also disagree with Merriman being a bust. If anything he's been making the right plays for that San Diego defense. Not only on defense but he seems to be one of the best special teams players that the Chargers currently have. Boggles my mind he's only a rookie. Busts can't really be judged until their 3rd year in the career. For example, Freddie Mitchell is a bust :-)

Prime
11-30-2005, 05:56 PM
Merriman isn't a bust, he is one of the top rookies in the NFL right now. The only guy that I would consider a bust is PacMan Jones. He is only good for returning kicks and he always gets blown up in coverage.

Nappy Roots
11-30-2005, 06:01 PM
Merriman isn't a bust, he is one of the top rookies in the NFL right now. The only guy that I would consider a bust is PacMan Jones. He is only good for returning kicks and he always gets blown up in coverage.

always getting blown up? if by always u mean the first 4 or so weeks, then yes.

dominizzo
12-01-2005, 01:22 AM

alex smith
cadillac
pacman jones
demarcus ware
shawne merriman
erasmus james
fabian washington
jason campbell
roddy white
mike patterson

get the facts str8 Ware Patterson Merriman and caddie are amazing

unifiedtheory
12-01-2005, 04:04 AM
I've been more and more impressed with Merriman. I always seem to have the Chargers on (late games) and he is getting better and better.

I think he'll be a pretty good player.

Jimmy James
12-01-2005, 10:26 PM

Bingo. Don't talk to us before the 2007 season about busts.