PDA

View Full Version : Tim Rattay..........or Cleo Lemon?

phatmatt
10-18-2005, 08:56 PM
Does anybody know what the Bucs got Rattay for? Don't get me wrong, I am happy about the Feeley for Lemon swap but if we could have got Rattay for similar compensation I think that would have been the better choice. Thoughts?

ckparrothead
10-18-2005, 08:57 PM
Valid point. I wonder what the Bucs did get him for. But, didn't Rattay run a WCO and don't the Bucs run one too? Perhaps Rattay isn't suited for getting vertical.

kastofsna120
10-18-2005, 08:58 PM
bucs gave up a 6th rounder for him

btw, has every "lemon" pun been used yet? it's only been like 4 hours since he was traded

Rocky Raccoon
10-18-2005, 09:00 PM

btw, has every "lemon" pun been used yet? it's only been like 4 hours since he was traded

:lol:

I was thinking the same thing myself.

Doakle
10-18-2005, 09:09 PM
Randy Mueller at his pc a couple of weeks ago:

They are always valuable. You can’t have enough of them. It’s finding the guys that fit with your system and your scheme. That’s the critical part of it.

Thats the key to all this really. Lemon seems to be more in line with what they want at QB for Linehan's scheme. In SD they run an offense similar to Andy Reid's, so they're hoping Feeley's time in Philly will mean he will be more suited to their system, and pick it up quickly. Rattay falls into the same category, and therefore doesnt fit the "critical part of it".

Mueller also said:

We’ve played three games, so who is to say who is long-term here and who is not? Quarterback, obviously is a position that evolves every year. It always has to evolve. It is a two and three-man job. It can’t be a one-man job because they don’t last.

Expect us to keep bringing in and out QBs even when we hopefully find a starter. Its about working all 3 slots and creating as much value for the team as possible, both on the field and in future trades. Lemon is just one move, this isnt about putting all our eggs in one basket and just hoping for the best anymore, like it was in regimes past.

Mike13
10-18-2005, 09:12 PM

What about any puns for the name Cleo?

Breadfan
10-18-2005, 09:13 PM

He sucks?

kastofsna120
10-18-2005, 09:25 PM
What about any puns for the name Cleo?
yeah i've seen a lot of those too. he's cursed...

SkapePhin
10-18-2005, 09:29 PM
Cleo Lemon has to be just about the most absurd name I have ever heard..

BLITZKRIEG
10-18-2005, 09:31 PM

THAT I agree with....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

HugeFinFan
10-18-2005, 09:55 PM
Valid point. I wonder what the Bucs did get him for. But, didn't Rattay run a WCO and don't the Bucs run one too? Perhaps Rattay isn't suited for getting vertical.

While you are correct about the WCO, Rattay has a VERY nice deepball. I remember when he came in while TO was their saying how good it was compared to Jeff Garcias.

kastofsna120
10-18-2005, 10:08 PM
d'brickashaw wins that one

Eric-Honduras
10-18-2005, 10:35 PM
i dont understand this trade at all..

phatmatt
10-18-2005, 10:42 PM
Hugefinfan

While you are correct about the WCO, Rattay has a VERY nice deepball. I remember when he came in while TO was their saying how good it was compared to Jeff Garcias.

True, but I think most QB's deep balls compare very favourably to Jeff Garcia's

Shouright
10-18-2005, 10:44 PM
There isn't anyone here who can honestly tell me they'd be excited about getting Tim Rattay and his 5:6 TD to INT ratio. The talk would be "why the hell did we get Rattay?! -- he's no better than Gus!"

Come on people....

paskerbrandon
10-18-2005, 10:46 PM
Rattay sucks, overrated, dont like him. Lets have some faith, Muller is a stud at evaluating QB talent, Brooks, Bulger, Delhomme ect., and im sure he could have gotten Rattay had he wanted, did he? No. Lets all be happy, I for one think Lemon could be something, seems like I may be the ONLY one.

Maynard the Hammer
10-18-2005, 10:47 PM
no rattay for me. lemon was a good pickup, imo

RWhitney014
10-18-2005, 11:02 PM
It wasn't like we had a choice between the two, so why ask the question?

El Terrible
10-18-2005, 11:02 PM
Does anybody know what the Bucs got Rattay for? Don't get me wrong, I am happy about the Feeley for Lemon swap but if we could have got Rattay for similar compensation I think that would have been the better choice. Thoughts?

rattay is going ot be a very good qb. I get to see him becuase I live in the area..DOnt know much about lemon

phatmatt
10-18-2005, 11:24 PM
I think we made a good trade but from what I've seen of Rattay I think he is at least a good backup. Sanfrancisco stinks but Ratty actually played a few good games for them. Maybe Mr. Cleo will turn out to be good for us? I look forward to it.

Tigers2003
10-18-2005, 11:34 PM
At the beginning of last year it was Erickson's idea to even start Rattay over Dorsey. Dorsey seemed to play better than Rattay in a couple of niners games I caught on Sunday ticket last year and Rattay was a problem for them all year. Erickson still made Rattay the primary qb like a moron. No surprise he was fired and they went 2-14.

Rattay would not have been the answer! Not a fit for Linehan's system and just not really a good NFL qb period who blew his chance at being a starter for a 2-14 team. Honestly I don't know much about Mr. Lemon. We shall see....

Cleat
10-19-2005, 06:47 AM
Don't know a thing about Cleo Lemon. Rattay is a serviceable back-up for the Bucs on their way to the Super Bowl.

LtDan
10-19-2005, 07:00 AM
Don't know a thing about Cleo Lemon. Rattay is a serviceable back-up for the Bucs on their way to the Super Bowl.No way in hell the Bucs go to the superbowl!

LarryFinFan
10-19-2005, 08:22 AM

Just say "No WAY" to Tim RatTAY !!

tmny99
10-19-2005, 08:30 AM
There isn't anyone here who can honestly tell me they'd be excited about getting Tim Rattay and his 5:6 TD to INT ratio. The talk would be "why the hell did we get Rattay?! -- he's no better than Gus!"

Come on people....

Exactly...there really would have been no upside for acquiring Rattay. As a full-time starter, the guy has 15 tds and 16 picks. No upgrade from one AJ Feely. Plus bringing in Rattay would've started an instant QB controversy, and that's the last thing this team needs now.

jribs
10-19-2005, 08:37 AM
Don't know a thing about Cleo Lemon. Rattay is a serviceable back-up for the Bucs on their way to the Super Bowl.
What? The bucs are looking to trade him already?

rafael
10-19-2005, 10:21 AM
I wouldn't have been excited about Rattay. Well, I guess I would have been excited with the end of the AJ experiment regardless of what we received, but I prefer Lemon to Rattay. Living out west, I've watched Rattay several times. He's fair, a decent backup with no potential to be anymore. Lemon I believe has more potential. I watched him all preseason b/c of a friend who's a rabid SD fan. He called me yesterday to let me know that Lemon is the best QB on our roster. I'm not ready to annoint him the savior. I think he's a longshot, but I liked what I saw. I believe our QB situation for next year is improved. There's more to do. I'd still bring in another QB, but it's better than it was two days ago.

Canadianfishfan
10-19-2005, 10:28 AM

Actually when the XFL came out.. what some of those players called themselves was rediculous. Like He hate me.... you're right i hate it!

Bellson
10-19-2005, 10:48 AM
ill go with ms. cleo's son over rattay. Rattay just doesnt fit into our style of offense

cltchperf
10-19-2005, 02:17 PM
Actually when the XFL came out.. what some of those players called themselves was rediculous. Like He hate me.... you're right i hate it!

it was one popular name though, good marketing strategy too. I think it definitely helped him get notice, and that's why he's one of the few guys from XFL that is in the NFL, Rodney Smart from Carolina, he's a good kickoff returner for the team.

dolfan72734me
10-19-2005, 05:53 PM
d'brickashaw wins that one
I don't know, CRAPhonso is pretty silly.

QB2RonnieTD23
10-19-2005, 05:54 PM
Since Miami has all of a sudden become enfatuated with fruit, i say we draft that DE Kiwi from Boston College, and bring in Jeff Garcia, before long we'll have all the fruit on the planet :)

painnotpleasure
10-19-2005, 05:58 PM
From what heard from Tampa Bay fans, the draft pick they traded for Rattay could turn out to be a low as a 7th rounder I believe depending on a certain amount of snaps/stars he has, I don't know the exact stipulations but it looks like Tampa Bay is going to get the better end of the year and could very well have only given up a 7th round pick for Tim Rattay, I definitely would take that over the deal we made... but we weren't involved in the deal, Tampa was so no point stressing over it.

adamprez2003
10-19-2005, 06:01 PM

Dont pi#$ in my glass and tell me it's lemonade!

Sorry had to say that

btw thx for the lemon pix been using it as my sig

NaboCane
10-19-2005, 06:32 PM
Rattay sucks canal water through his ***.

At least Lemon gives us someone with some upside to compete in training camp next year, not some washout that couldn't start on the worst ****ing team in the league.

adamprez2003
10-19-2005, 06:35 PM

Randall Gay - New England Patriots. He'll probably be traded to San Francisco next year

kastofsna120
10-19-2005, 06:35 PM
I don't know, CRAPhonso is pretty silly.
d'coady fagg? :lol:

dolfan72734me
10-19-2005, 11:22 PM
d'coady fagg? :lol:
:lol:

PHINPHOURLIFE
10-20-2005, 11:02 AM

Come on people....

:yeahthat:

jspchief
10-20-2005, 12:09 PM
So basically, the Dolphins traded a 2nd and 6th round pickfor Cleo Lemon? Pathetic. No wonder they suck.