PDA

View Full Version : Buddwalks October Mock Draft

Buddwalk
10-19-2005, 02:18 PM
Im gonna do this once every month until march then once every week. Based on the standings now, thats what the draft order will be. I will only be doing round 1. There will many Early Entrees in this mock. :D

1. Texans - D'Brickashaw Ferguson OT Virginia
2. Vikings - Reggie Bush RB USC
3. Cardinals - Matt Leinart QB USC
4. 49ers - AJ Hawk LB Ohio State
5. Packers - DeAngelo Williams RB Memphis
6. Raiders - Vince Young QB Texas
7. Saints - Chad Greenway LB Iowa
8. Chargers - Eric Winston T Miami*
9. Titans - Mathias Kiwanaku DE Boston College
10. Rams - Jimmy Williams CB Va Tech
11. Browns - Laurence Maroney RB Minnesota
12. Dolphins - Omar Jacobs QB Bowling Green
13. Bears - DT Haloti Ngata Oregon
14. Lions - Marcus Vick QB Va Tech
15. Ravens - Marcus McNeil T Auburn
16. Bills - Jon Scott T Texas
17. Patriots - Ahmad Brooks LB Virginia
18. Chargers - Santonio Holmes WR Ohio State
19. Broncos - Mercedes Lewis TE UCLA*
20. Giants - Joe Thomas T Wisconsin
21. Steelers - Martin Nance WR Miami (OH)
22. Chiefs - Rodrique Wright DT Texas
23. Eagles - DeMeco Ryans LB Alabama
24. Panthers - Derek Hagan WR Arizona State
25. Jaguars - Michael Huff S Texas
26. Cowboys - Andrew Whitworth T LSU
27. Falcons - Jesse Mahelona DT Tennessee
28. Seahawks - Manny Lawson DE NC State
29. Broncos - Kellen Clemens QB Oregon
30. Bengals - Devin Hester CB/KR/PR Miami
31. Buccaneers - Sinorice Moss WR Miami
32. Colts - Bobby Carpenter LB Ohio State

*Jets Trade there first round pick to the Chargers for the rights to QB Philip Rivers
*Washington Traded there first to the broncos last year

Notable Players Staying in

QB Brady Quinn Notre Dame [Realizes his team has a great shot at the national title next year]
QB Sam Keller Arizona St. [If he has another great year he could project himself as the top qb]
QB Drew Stanton Michigan St. [He stays for his senior season to add a year of consistency and it will only help his draft stock]
QB Chris Leak Florida [He has to stay for his senior season and truely break out for him to get his stock talk back]
RB Michael Bush Louisville [If he has the same kinda year as he is now next year...then hes a first round lock]
RB Lendale White USC [With Reggie Bush gone, he'll be the focus of the offense and he could show the world that he isnt reggies crutch]
WR Chad Jackson Florida [Mainly staying to help Chris Leak out, and to build his stock going into next year as the #1 reciever in the country]
DE Mario Williams NC State [Staying an extra year coming out he could be a top 5 draft pick]

Nappy Roots
10-19-2005, 02:42 PM
if McNeal falls that far, id pry we dont pass on him...

jason allen dislocated his hip, no way hes drafted 1st round

and i dont think all your juniors will come out...

kastofsna120
10-19-2005, 03:27 PM
4 QBs in the first? gross

Buddwalk
10-19-2005, 03:37 PM
if McNeal falls that far, id pry we dont pass on him...

and i dont think all your juniors will come out...

Hey this is only my first mock...and alot of juniors will come out this year actually. Jason Allen i wasnt 100% aware about i'll remove him and add someone else ;)

4 QBs in the first? gross

The qb class this year is much much better. Also you need to learn to count better its 5 qbs in the first :lol: .

Matt Leinart - 28-1 as a starter, Not to mention when he enters maybe 3 national championships and 2 heismans.
Vince Young - I think hes over rated but you cant denie how hes answered almost everybodys questions this year about him.
Omar Jacobs - Great QB, but hasnt played great on national tv still
Marcus Vick - He'll come out if he continues to play the way he is now...no sense in turning down the draft his stock will never be higher.
Kellen Clemens - The guy has been borderline impressive, but with this season alone i think hes the 2nd best senior qb out there.

SMadison29
10-19-2005, 04:12 PM

He'll make it in the end of round one. He's too good of an overall defender to fall out. He's a physical corner or a FS.

Kellen Clemens - The guy has been borderline impressive, but with this season alone i think hes the 2nd best senior qb out there.

You must be stat watching then Budd. He's being hurt by Oregon's new offense in terms of development. He's takes the snap out of the shotgun 80% of the time & has that sidearm fling like Jacobs. If he was taller like Vince or Omar it would be a little less of an issue but Kellen is only 6-2. Jay Cutler is the 2nd best senior QB followed by Whitehurst & McNeal.

Marcus Vick - He'll come out if he continues to play the way he is now...no sense in turning down the draft his stock will never be higher.

He's definitely not rated this high just yet. He still has much to learn & probably won't leave. Couple that with the fact that VT has yet to play anyone for the world to see how good Marcus may be.

Sinorice isn't a 1st rounder. IMO, Demetrius Williams is the top senior WR.

Nappy Roots
10-19-2005, 04:41 PM
Hey this is only my first mock...and alot of juniors will come out this year actually. Jason Allen i wasnt 100% aware about i'll remove him and add someone else ;)

i wasnt bashing at all. i was just adding my thoughts. good job overallhttp://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Nappy Roots
10-19-2005, 04:43 PM
He'll make it in the end of round one. He's too good of an overall defender to fall out. He's a physical corner or a FS.

you really think so? i definitly think hes the 2nd best CB in this draft. but that injury is pretty serious. i heard rumblings about this being the same injury that ended bo jacksons football career...although they did say that with preist to...

i just think he will go mid 2nd round depending on if he can work out or not...now if he is able to work out and runs well, then he will prolly still got 1...but i just dont think hes going to 100% by then...who knows..not me, just guessing.

Nappy Roots
10-19-2005, 04:48 PM
You must be stat watching then Budd. He's being hurt by Oregon's new offense in terms of development. He's takes the snap out of the shotgun 80% of the time & has that sidearm fling like Jacobs. If he was taller like Vince or Omar it would be a little less of an issue but Kellen is only 6-2. Jay Cutler is the 2nd best senior QB followed by Whitehurst & McNeal.

definitly agree there. although i would prolly rate Clemens ahead of whitehurst still.

He's definitely not rated this high just yet. He still has much to learn & probably won't leave. Couple that with the fact that VT has yet to play anyone for the world to see how good Marcus may be.

Sinorice isn't a 1st rounder. IMO, Demetrius Williams is the top senior WR.

if he continues to play this well and VT continues their success and plays in the National championship, then i think he will be rated this high and leave....and yea, right now williams is the best senior wideout...one senior wr i do like tho is hank baskett from new mexico, hes big and athletic...he could rise up the boards if he runs a nice looking 40 time.

Buddwalk
10-19-2005, 05:18 PM
definitly agree there. although i would prolly rate Clemens ahead of whitehurst still.

if he continues to play this well and VT continues their success and plays in the National championship, then i think he will be rated this high and leave....and yea, right now williams is the best senior wideout...one senior wr i do like tho is hank baskett from new mexico, hes big and athletic...he could rise up the boards if he runs a nice looking 40 time.

If clemens been hurt by this new oregon offense his numbers certainly are lying

2200 yards 18 Tds 3 int 65% completion ratio

Vick will leave based on the fact his last name is vick and everybody wants a playmaker in the nfl like that. Hes a first round pick based on his name alone. I will agree the best senior wide out is Williams, but just cause i think he is doesnt mean he is and he'll go that high in the draft

Nappy Roots
10-19-2005, 05:37 PM
If clemens been hurt by this new oregon offense his numbers certainly are lying

2200 yards 18 Tds 3 int 65% completion ratio

Vick will leave based on the fact his last name is vick and everybody wants a playmaker in the nfl like that. Hes a first round pick based on his name alone. I will agree the best senior wide out is Williams, but just cause i think he is doesnt mean he is and he'll go that high in the draft

Clemens #s arent hurt, his progression and transition to the pro game is being hurt by it..

Roman529
10-19-2005, 06:24 PM
I would love to see Derek Hagan the WR out of ASU with the Phins...the guy is money and has better hands than Chambers. I am an ASU grad so I am kind of a homer for them, but I watch this guy play every week and he is clutch. :)

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2005/10/69244-1.jpeg

kastofsna120
10-19-2005, 06:34 PM
The qb class this year is much much better. Also you need to learn to count better its 5 qbs in the first :lol: .

Matt Leinart - 28-1 as a starter, Not to mention when he enters maybe 3 national championships and 2 heismans.
Vince Young - I think hes over rated but you cant denie how hes answered almost everybodys questions this year about him.
Omar Jacobs - Great QB, but hasnt played great on national tv still
leinart is the only one there worthy of a first round pick. the others are completely miserable, although i'd take a glance at clemens in the 2nd round

Nappy Roots
10-19-2005, 06:49 PM
leinart is the only one there worthy of a first round pick. the others are completely miserable, although i'd take a glance at clemens in the 2nd round

im sure that the teams GMs will disagree...those 2 will most definitly be drafted in the first, dispite what you think. so you shouldnt bash his mock for speaking the truth on them.

kastofsna120
10-19-2005, 06:51 PM
im sure that the teams GMs will disagree...those 2 will most definitly be drafted in the first, dispite what you think. so you shouldnt bash his mock for speaking the truth on them.
i wasn't bashing his mock

Nappy Roots
10-19-2005, 06:53 PM
i wasn't bashing his mock

my b, your right.

Pink_Dove
10-19-2005, 07:59 PM
Good job Budd. Thought I'd give you my POV:

If Mario Williams were to come out he'd easily be the number 2 DE behind Kiwanuka. I've even see some mocks rating him number 1. As of today, he's probably a top 15 prospect. I really can't see him passing that up to stay an extra year in school where he could get injured.
Same goes for Lendale White. He's the type of back that could shoot up the charts with a strong combine. He's got ideal size, speed, and can break loose.
He might be in Bush's shadow but come draft day that won't matter because they'll be judged as football players, with little regards to the team they played on (see Ronnie Brown and Cadillac for example).
I could see him going in the 20's a la Kevin Jones or Stephen Jackson in recent years.

Buddwalk
10-19-2005, 08:01 PM

Are we on the same planet here?

Dude Vince Young and Omar Jacobs coming out are both surefire first round draft picks. Vince Young so far has answered all the questions people were asking this year and Jacobs is a solid qb. Clemens is a pretty good qb as well, but people arent really paying attention to him. 18 tds and 3 ints this year so far...I'd say he finishes with like 33 tds and 5 ints when the years done. Im not a Marcus Vick fan at all but if he comes out and Detroit desperately needs a qb, where they would pick in the draft he'd be the best choice, unless they move up or make a move for rivers

kastofsna120
10-19-2005, 08:44 PM

Dude Vince Young and Omar Jacobs coming out are both surefire first round draft picks. Vince Young so far has answered all the questions people were asking this year and Jacobs is a solid qb. Clemens is a pretty good qb as well, but people arent really paying attention to him. 18 tds and 3 ints this year so far...I'd say he finishes with like 33 tds and 5 ints when the years done. Im not a Marcus Vick fan at all but if he comes out and Detroit desperately needs a qb, where they would pick in the draft he'd be the best choice, unless they move up or make a move for rivers
none of them are worthy of it

SMadison29
10-19-2005, 08:49 PM
I would love to see Derek Hagan the WR out of ASU with the Phins...the guy is money and has better hands than Chambers. I am an ASU grad so I am kind of a homer for them, but I watch this guy play every week and he is clutch.

We'll forget about that interception he caught & tossed to the USC defender :lol:

SMadison29
10-19-2005, 09:01 PM

Dude Vince Young and Omar Jacobs coming out are both surefire first round draft picks.

I have little doubt that someone will take Young in the first round but I would hardly call Jacobs a surefire 1st rounder. His stock has dropped this year.

Even if no juniors come out early, & I don't think any of them of ready (that includes Quinn, Keller, Young, Stanton, Vick, Jacobs), I think another senior QB, I'm guessing Cutler, would go at the end of the first round.

SMadison29
10-20-2005, 12:53 AM
The top 4 QBs according to Scouts Inc's top 32 list are: Leinart-Young-Quinn-Stanton. I said in the above post that none of the junior QBs are ready to make the jump but the two that are the closest to being ready are Quinn & Stanton. Both are smart, have strong arms, know how to throw, have significant playing experience, & have experience in big games.

Vince Young, Omar Jacobs, & Marcus Vick all need to work on their passing. Sam Keller needs to gain more experience & Palko needs a year to rebound.

Buddwalk
10-20-2005, 07:10 AM
Good job Budd. Thought I'd give you my POV:

If Mario Williams were to come out he'd easily be the number 2 DE behind Kiwanuka. I've even see some mocks rating him number 1. As of today, he's probably a top 15 prospect. I really can't see him passing that up to stay an extra year in school where he could get injured.
Same goes for Lendale White. He's the type of back that could shoot up the charts with a strong combine. He's got ideal size, speed, and can break loose.
He might be in Bush's shadow but come draft day that won't matter because they'll be judged as football players, with little regards to the team they played on (see Ronnie Brown and Cadillac for example).
I could see him going in the 20's a la Kevin Jones or Stephen Jackson in recent years.

The real deal man is that Lendale White right now is gonna be known as the rb behind reggie bush. Even with how good of a seasons he having even with a strong combine he'll only be a late first early 2nd round pick. I think he really needs to stay a year away from Leinart and Bush and silence the critics if he can do that and have a solid outing then its with out a doubt he could be the best rb coming out 2007 draft. Also from what white has done dont compare him to ronnie or caddy for hes not the same back as either one.

Philter25
10-20-2005, 10:32 AM

Vince Young and Omar Jacobs?

Pink_Dove
10-20-2005, 10:38 AM
The real deal man is that Lendale White right now is gonna be known as the rb behind reggie bush. Even with how good of a seasons he having even with a strong combine he'll only be a late first early 2nd round pick. I think he really needs to stay a year away from Leinart and Bush and silence the critics if he can do that and have a solid outing then its with out a doubt he could be the best rb coming out 2007 draft. Also from what white has done dont compare him to ronnie or caddy for hes not the same back as either one.

Obviously, in terms of football those are 4 very different players but I'm comparing Bush and White's situation to Ronnie and Caddie's situation.
Although Ronnie and Caddie were seniors, I think it's fair to assume, Lendale would be ready to go straight to the NFL, especially if USC wins another title.
Ronnie and Caddie showed that you can play on the same team, play the same position and still be recognized for your talent.
In Lendale's case, come draft day, the scouts will look at the kind of player he can be for them in the NFL not the backup he was at USC.
I just think the money grab and the chance to be a low to mid first rounder (depending on combine) will be too much to pass up. RB's are exposed to injury a lot more than other positions.
Unless Pete Carrol is very convincing and he thinks he's a legit Heisman candidate next year, I doubt he stays.

kastofsna120
10-20-2005, 12:12 PM
Vince Young and Omar Jacobs?
i want nothing to do with either

AggieFin21
10-20-2005, 12:23 PM
Vince Young has far too many flaws in his QB game right now to be a top 10 pick. I have no doubt that someone will take a chance on him in the 1st and try to make something out of his athletic ability though. My Aggie homer-ism aside, I still think Young will never play a live down in the NFL as a QB.

Heh, I'd love to see him handle the ball so carelessly when he runs like he does in college and see what pro defenses do to him. 2-3 fumbles a game, easy.....

kastofsna120
10-20-2005, 12:29 PM
Vince Young has far too many flaws in his QB game right now to be a top 10 pick. I have no doubt that someone will take a chance on him in the 1st and try to make something out of his athletic ability though. My Aggie homer-ism aside, I still think Young will never play a live down in the NFL as a QB.

Heh, I'd love to see him handle the ball so carelessly when he runs like he does in college and see what pro defenses do to him. 2-3 fumbles a game, easy.....
probably more than that, considering he can't read defenses and will resort to scrambling on every play

Philter25
10-20-2005, 01:01 PM
We arent talking about top 10 picks. I think they both still might be first rounders but we all know how much fluctuation can happen over the complete course of the season in college.

Kyle Orton went from 5-0 and heisman frontrunner to nothing in a few games.

SF Dolphin Fan
10-20-2005, 01:23 PM
Nice mock. I've only seen Jacobs once and it happened to be a poor game against Boise State. He didn't look too good in that one, but I would like to see him again.

SF Dolphin Fan
10-20-2005, 01:27 PM
I would love to see Derek Hagan the WR out of ASU with the Phins...the guy is money and has better hands than Chambers. I am an ASU grad so I am kind of a homer for them, but I watch this guy play every week and he is clutch. :)

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2005/10/69244-1.jpeg

I like him too, but for some reason it seems like he is underrated and considered more of a late 1st early 2nd rounder.

kastofsna120
10-20-2005, 01:28 PM
hagan underrated? going into the season he was considered by most the #1 or #2 receiver in the country. he's only helped his case this year

AggieFin21
10-20-2005, 05:24 PM
We arent talking about top 10 picks.

I was refering to this mock. He has Young at #6 going to the Raiders...which is far too high..

Buddwalk
10-20-2005, 06:28 PM
I was refering to this mock. He has Young at #6 going to the Raiders...which is far too high..

You guys dont get it do you.

OK based on athleticsm and whats hes done he was already a late first to late 2nd round pick. In that range, but every big question mark about this guy has been answered this year. It'll catapult him high into the draft

kastofsna120
10-20-2005, 06:36 PM

OK based on athleticsm and whats hes done he was already a late first to late 2nd round pick. In that range, but every big question mark about this guy has been answered this year. It'll catapult him high into the draft
he hasn't proven he can be a quarterback in the NFL whatsoever. he's still running a high school shotgun option offense

Buddwalk
10-20-2005, 06:50 PM
he hasn't proven he can be a quarterback in the NFL whatsoever. he's still running a high school shotgun option offense

Im sorry mr. GM of an NFL Team :tongue:

Either way you look at it teams will look at him...and if he has an impressive combine he'll be right there

kastofsna120
10-20-2005, 08:15 PM
Im sorry mr. GM of an NFL Team :tongue:

Either way you look at it teams will look at him...and if he has an impressive combine he'll be right there
i just hope an AFC east team drafts him and puts him @ QB so we can get 2 guaranteed wins a year

SMadison29
10-20-2005, 09:15 PM

Not every question has been answered. He is still not a "quarterback". Right now he's a 10-20 pick, but someone may take the gamble based on his athleticism, although I don't think it'll be the Raiders because they took Andrew Walter last year who's gonna be a star. Once he proves that he can be patient & throw in the pocket with accuracy he'll be a top 10 pick.

Buddwalk
10-22-2005, 02:25 PM
Not every question has been answered. He is still not a "quarterback". Right now he's a 10-20 pick, but someone may take the gamble based on his athleticism, although I don't think it'll be the Raiders because they took Andrew Walter last year who's gonna be a star. Once he proves that he can be patient & throw in the pocket with accuracy he'll be a top 10 pick.

Walter aint gonna be a star and neither is charlie frye for the browns. Those two teams have qb issues

Nappy Roots
10-22-2005, 02:28 PM
Walter aint gonna be a star and neither is charlie frye for the browns. Those two teams have qb issues

why do you say this?

Walter fits perfectly in that offense with randy moss to throw the deep ball. Walter would of been a first round pick if he didnt get injured. and if i remember correctly, Walter was the top ranked QB in the country to start the college season last year.

he reminded me alot of Drew Bledsoe...everything from his deep ball, stature, to his statue like like pocket pressence. If walter gets a good OLine he could be really good.

kastofsna120
10-22-2005, 05:29 PM
why do you say this?

Walter fits perfectly in that offense with randy moss to throw the deep ball. Walter would of been a first round pick if he didnt get injured. and if i remember correctly, Walter was the top ranked QB in the country to start the college season last year.

he reminded me alot of Drew Bledsoe...everything from his deep ball, stature, to his statue like like pocket pressence. If walter gets a good OLine he could be really good.
walter was one of the top ranked QBs....if i remember correctly everyone was high on dan orlovsky, gino guidugli, frye and walter. frye did quite a lot considering the team he had around him. about 100 times more impressive than what jacobs is doing in bowling green for sure. walter is a great prospect and fits in that offense for norv turner

i doubt the browns would draft leinart. they just spent a ton of money on edwards and they're happy with frye, so why spend more money on a player that may just be entering another brees/river situation

NorthFloridaFin
10-22-2005, 07:01 PM
A.J. Nicholson (OLB from FSU) will definately be in the Top 20. And if Ernie Sims comes out, he will go before Nicholson.

But, just my opinion, no way does A.J. Hawk go that high. I would give him top 15, but not as high as you. And, if Reggie Bush comes out, he is a lock to be the 1st overall pick, the man can score everytime he touches it, who wouldn't want to get him.

kastofsna120
10-22-2005, 07:55 PM
A.J. Nicholson (OLB from FSU) will definately be in the Top 20. And if Ernie Sims comes out, he will go before Nicholson.

But, just my opinion, no way does A.J. Hawk go that high. I would give him top 15, but not as high as you. And, if Reggie Bush comes out, he is a lock to be the 1st overall pick, the man can score everytime he touches it, who wouldn't want to get him.
bush isn't a lock at #1 at all. leinart will go before him easily

Buddwalk
10-22-2005, 07:57 PM

Actually no bush is the best rb in the country and maybe best player but hes only a lock to go #1 if the team at #1 does not need a qb. The texans do not need a rb with Domanick Davis there...so bush will slide 1 or 2 slots if the texans stay where there at. AJ Hawk is the best lb coming out since lavar arrington...and he may even be better. With a excellent combine and finishing the season doing the same thing hes doing now i see him being a top 10 lock no question.

kastofsna120
10-22-2005, 07:59 PM
dominick davis is good, but the texans would take bush over him. but if they've got the #1 overall pick, they take leinart or trade

Dors156
10-22-2005, 10:58 PM
i dont agree.I believe miami will have a top 7 pick and get vince young.I cant beleive they dont have devin hester or DQwell jackson, by the way the best lb in the country,not in the first round

kastofsna120
10-22-2005, 11:20 PM
i dont agree.I believe miami will have a top 7 pick and get vince young.I cant beleive they dont have devin hester or DQwell jackson, by the way the best lb in the country,not in the first round
jackson is overrated. you're biased. and hester is a junior and isn't that good of a CB right now, he won't declare

SMadison29
10-23-2005, 01:25 AM

Their off the field problems will prevent them from going as high as you think.

Have you ever seen Walter play? The only reason he wasn't a borderline first rounder was because he hurt his throwing shoulder & couldn't show off his arm before the draft. Walter had the best arm of last year's QB class. Great pocket QB that is smart with surprising agility. He's perfect for Norv's offense & throwing the ball deep to Moss & Porter.

caneaddict
10-23-2005, 01:27 AM
I really want Vince Young. I know he doesn't get to throw alot but anyone who has watched him this year should be able to see that he CAN throw. In the NFL he doesn't have to depend on his running. He can just use it if a play breaks down or to buy more time for a play to develop.

Anyone see that perfect pass to the corner of the endzone today when he wasn't even set?

Obviously I would take Leinart but I don't think we'll be in position. I would be just as happy with Young. My fear is that both will go ahead of us. I've seen enough of Quinn to be happy getting him if Saban also thinks he's good. I don't have enough faith in him (unlike Leinart and Young) to say we should take him and we are making a mistake by passing on him if Saban doesn't think he's worth a 1st. If that makes any sense.

kastofsna120
10-23-2005, 01:38 AM
i enjoyed seeing young have 5-6 seconds to stand in the pocket untouched and still miss wide open receivers

SMadison29
10-23-2005, 01:53 AM
Obviously I would take Leinart but I don't think we'll be in position. I would be just as happy with Young. My fear is that both will go ahead of us. I've seen enough of Quinn to be happy getting him if Saban also thinks he's good. I don't have enough faith in him (unlike Leinart and Young) to say we should take him and we are making a mistake by passing on him if Saban doesn't think he's worth a 1st. If that makes any sense.

I'd like to get Quinn. He's matured a lot & has become a lot smarter with his decisions since Weis has arrived. But I don't think Quinn will leave because a) Notre Dame will definitely compete for a NC next year & b) Weis will convince him that he'll be the #1 QB in the nation next year & thus the #1 pick.

DonShula84
10-23-2005, 01:50 PM
I'd like to get Quinn. He's matured a lot & has become a lot smarter with his decisions since Weis has arrived. But I don't think Quinn will leave because a) Notre Dame will definitely compete for a NC next year & b) Weis will convince him that he'll be the #1 QB in the nation next year & thus the #1 pick.

Getting Quinn would be unbelievably awesome. A small part of me wants him to come out so we could have a shot at him, but I agree w/ you and think he stays. If he ends up w/ the Jets or something Im going to be pissed though.

I just found this article on ESPN.com, Quinn could be hinting at the idea of his staying

Quinn said he wasn't thinking about the records.

"I'm going to be here a while, so ..." he said.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=252950087

Buddwalk
10-23-2005, 02:35 PM
Well for all the doubters of omar jacobs he just dislocated his shoulder and could be out the rest of the season really hurting his stock.

Next monthes mock will hopefully fulfill the needs of all

kastofsna120
10-23-2005, 03:28 PM
Well for all the doubters of omar jacobs he just dislocated his shoulder and could be out the rest of the season really hurting his stock.

so much for jacobs

SMadison29
10-23-2005, 04:10 PM

Where did you see that?

Not only does it hurt his stock more than it already was, it also means he'll probably stay in school.

Buddwalk
10-24-2005, 12:02 AM
Where did you see that?

Not only does it hurt his stock more than it already was, it also means he'll probably stay in school.

He'll definitely stay in school now...i didnt read it anyway i watched the game i saw it live. Jacobs looks to be done for the year...only good thing from this is if he comes back strong he could be the top qb next year. But im thinking that will be Brady Quinn

Roman529
10-24-2005, 01:07 AM
If we could get either Leinart, Bush, or Young I would be happy. We really need a guy who is going to be our franchise QB....we all know it is not going to be Gus, not likely to be Sage, and I have not seen Lemon so I can't make any comments on him. I have a feeling these guys will all be gone when we pick, so Omar Jacobs might be the only solid QB left. I think Quinn will stay at Notre Dame another year.

t2thejz
10-25-2005, 04:58 PM
Omar Jacobs wont be drafted in the 1st round if he comes out