PDA

View Full Version : Paypal sucks

byroan
10-19-2005, 09:20 PM
I've been a member of paypal for just over 5 years now. I've never had a problem with them or anything, even when I've been ripped off before I received my money back. Until now. Last month I won an auction for $50 that was suppose to be a present for my brother whose birthday is later this month. Weeks have passed and I never received my package. I contacted paypal last week about it and started the complaint process. I'm expecting after 10 days to get my money back because there's no way he could prove it was delivered to me. I was wrong, I was awarded the "case" since I didn't receive my package, I wasn't however refunded my money back. Their response was "The seller does not have sufficient funds in their account to cover your refund". Well no duh, he ripped me off and then took the money out of his account. If he has his bank account and credit card on file, why can't they charge those for the refund? I asked them that and their response was useless.

So what does that mean? I'm poor as it is and now I'm out $50 on something I was buying for someone else, I also have to tell my brother that I was unable to get him a present because of some jerk. :cry: and :fire:.

Sorry for the vent, just had to get it out.

SMadison29
10-19-2005, 09:25 PM
Did you contact your credit card company of the situation? Tell them you're not going to pay because you didn't receive anything & that PayPal knows it.

byroan
10-19-2005, 09:26 PM
I used my bank account for the transfer. I don't have a credit card. :(

PHINATIC13
10-19-2005, 09:26 PM
I hear ya byroan. I to buy things on ebay using paypal. I'm always worried if I'm going to recieve my item or not. So far so good. Btw the seller is the real punk here imo.

darkmistress
10-19-2005, 09:31 PM
I've been a member of paypal for just over 5 years now. I've never had a problem with them or anything, even when I've been ripped off before I received my money back. Until now. Last month I won an auction for $50 that was suppose to be a present for my brother whose birthday is later this month. Weeks have passed and I never received my package. I contacted paypal last week about it and started the complaint process. I'm expecting after 10 days to get my money back because there's no way he could prove it was delivered to me. I was wrong, I was awarded the "case" since I didn't receive my package, I wasn't however refunded my money back. Their response was "The seller does not have sufficient funds in their account to cover your refund". Well no duh, he ripped me off and then took the money out of his account. If he has his bank account and credit card on file, why can't they charge those for the refund? I asked them that and their response was useless.

So what does that mean? I'm poor as it is and now I'm out $50 on something I was buying for someone else, I also have to tell my brother that I was unable to get him a present because of some jerk. :cry: and :fire:.

I have a feeling this same thing will be happening to me in a couple of days

Phinz1972
10-20-2005, 03:32 AM
Be wise and read: http://paypalsucks.com/

There was a settlement awhile back for people that had accounts with paypal for a certain length or something(forget the details), the stories on there make you wonder if your really safe on the net :migs:

King Nate
10-20-2005, 05:32 AM

Man, that sucks buddy. I say we get a couple of goons to pay a visit to that fool's house and make him pay up!

StuckInTexasFin
10-20-2005, 08:11 AM
I gotten an email from Paypal a couple days ago saying they were going to suspend my account because someone from Romania was trying to access my account. Of course Paypal denied it because they figured I wasnt in Romania. Its good they did that, but goes to show unsavory people are always tring to hack into your accounts online. Thats why Im still leery of doing business online with sites like Paypal and others