PDA

View Full Version : 2005 World Series: Houston Astros vs. Chicago White Sox

Ray Finkle
10-19-2005, 11:20 PM
Let's go Astros. Nobody deserves a ring as much as Bagwell and Biggio.

SMadison29
10-19-2005, 11:22 PM
One heck of a turn around for the Astros. I don't think they're the best team in the NL by any means but they got it done. Congrats.

Ray Finkle
10-19-2005, 11:23 PM
I think it's going to be a great World Series pitching wise.

kastofsna120
10-19-2005, 11:27 PM
i love it when two teams that have never won (or won in a long time) play each other in a championship game/series. don't really care who wins, but i'll enjoy the outcome regardless

AggieFin21
10-20-2005, 10:24 AM
Nobody deserves a ring as much as Bagwell and Biggio.

Damn skippy man. Go 'Stros! I think this is their series. If they can go back in to St. Louis and get the win, then watch out Chi-Town....this team wants it bad....

NJFINSFAN1
10-20-2005, 10:38 AM
How do you think George S feels watching all his pitchers he got rid of?

AggieFin21
10-20-2005, 12:25 PM

He didn't get rid of them. Both pitchers wanted to play for Houston because that's where they are from. It's not like he cut them or anything, the chose to play in Houston.

Ray Finkle
10-20-2005, 12:26 PM

I'm sure he called up Cashman and asked him, "Why can't we get guys like Clemens and Pettite..... And where's my damn calzone!"

:lol:

ChambersWI
10-20-2005, 04:17 PM
He didn't get rid of them. Both pitchers wanted to play for Houston because that's where they are from. It's not like he cut them or anything, the chose to play in Houston.

partly true.

After 03, Georde could have easily resigned Pettite, but he was in the middle of aquiring Brown,Vazquez,Sheffield, and A-Rod. I remember when it was announced Pettite was going to Houston, the entire Yankee organization was in shock (thought he was going to come back so they didn't bother getting him re-signed right away). Pettite wanted to play for his hometown team.

Clemens was going to retire, but Pettite talked him into playing one last year in front of his hometown fans.

FaninPatsyLand
10-20-2005, 05:14 PM
Let's go Astros. Nobody deserves a ring as much as Bagwell and Biggio.

Nobody outside of Carl Everett... :lol:

Jt0323
10-20-2005, 05:16 PM
Lets go Astros

dob72
10-20-2005, 05:39 PM
i'd like to see the soxs win that would be cool it would make the cubs look even worse

gonick1
10-21-2005, 01:53 PM
Ello,Ello!
Yep it is gonna be a great series ROGER WILL DOMINATE !
but I still wanted the red sox and the stroh's the sox must be made to pay for damons hair, Poppy's weight, and letting CLEMENS go,plus on a personal note I hate Schilling and Rameriez.I remember back in da' 80's schilling was midiocre/average on a good day; and He'd always be telling the media "Oh, Clemens Cheats/He's dirty" I've hated Schilling ever since. And Manny He's just a punk He' single handedely created that whole brawl scene for nor real reason and the only person to get hurt an 78? yr old man good job manny! and then to top it off the pitch that started it all, nowhere near manny.
As for the white sox how do you root4 Clemens when Shoeless Joe is staring down on the whole thing ARRRGH I'm sooo TORN ! OH powerfull and wise Finkle what should I Do?

FaninPatsyLand
10-21-2005, 02:51 PM
Ello,Ello!
but I still wanted the red sox and the stroh's the sox must be made to pay for damons hair, Poppy's weight, and letting CLEMENS go,plus on a personal note I hate Schilling and Rameriez.I remember back in da' 80's schilling was midiocre/average on a good day; and He'd always be telling the media "Oh, Clemens Cheats/He's dirty" I've hated Schilling ever since. And Manny He's just a punk He' single handedely created that whole brawl scene for nor real reason and the only person to get hurt an 78? yr old man good job manny! and then to top it off the pitch that started it all, nowhere near manny.
As for the white sox how do you root4 Clemens when Shoeless Joe is staring down on the whole thing ARRRGH I'm sooo TORN ! OH powerfull and wise Finkle what should I Do?

Someones a little bitter towards the 2004 World Champions.

Give it a rest... and his nickname is Papi not Poppy, he's not a type of bagel man..

Prime Time
10-21-2005, 03:26 PM
Dang. I don't know who I want to win....I like both of these team's stories. I'll say Astros in 6.

waynek
10-21-2005, 05:33 PM
I don't realy care for either team and won't watch the series for that reason but I say the Astros in 6 because of there pitching.

nyjunc
10-21-2005, 05:58 PM
I am conflicted, I always root for the AL when the yanks aren't involved(except last year) but I want Andy Pettitte to win again to stick it to George.

Ray Finkle
10-22-2005, 12:05 AM
Ello,Ello!

Well first of all I'd probably get a clue and better information. When did Schilling EVER saying Clemens is a cheat or dirty? In fact Schilling has said numerous times that Clemens helped him be the pitcher that he is today because Roger told Schilling (back when Schilling was in the Red Sox minors) that he had a ton of potential but he needs to work hard. Clemens and Schilling also trained together a bunch of times in the off season. So again I ask where you heard that, because I'd be really interested in hearing it. As for Schilling being a "midiocre/average" pitcher in the 80's? His first year was in 1988 and he only pitched in 4 games and then in 1989 in 5. So if you want to put a label on him for 9 appearances in 2 years that's fine. As for Clemen's dominated, let's just say it's a good thing Houston has Pettite and Oswalt because Roger as great as he is he's not a very good big game pitcher. But I really do hope Houston wins it. I just don't understand why you're still pissed that the Red Sox let Clemens go almost 10 years ago. Geez, get over it, it was the best for Clemens because if he stayed he probably wouldn't have had the career he had post Red Sox.

As for the other stuff you said, about Manny and "Poppy", and Damon's hair? I don't know how to respond because it's just so random and over the top. Plus I could barely understand you. If you want to call me out go ahead but next time come at me with actual facts, figures and a spell checker. Not just a bunch of random crap written down that no one could understand because what you wrote just sounds like a big acid trip gone wrong.

MikeO
10-22-2005, 03:55 AM
Chicago wins in 5 is my official prediction.

(although I am rooting for Houston a bit, but I really don't care who wins)

Ray Finkle
10-23-2005, 03:43 PM
Where's gonick1 now? The ALL MIGHTY ROGER! It's always an excuse with Roger, he's been doing it ever since 1986. As great as he is, when a big game is on the line he pitches like Ronda Clemens.

By the way if the Astros have to count on Roger in a big spot then the only ring Houston is gonna see is this one:

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

(I'm sure Roger won't mind taking a bite either)

SMadison29
10-23-2005, 10:38 PM
Grand Slam Konerko.

SMadison29
10-23-2005, 11:11 PM
What a clutch pinch hit by Vizcaino in the top of the 9th. 6-6

SMadison29
10-23-2005, 11:23 PM
Walk off HR for Pods.

Ray Finkle
10-23-2005, 11:23 PM
Ouch, something isn't right with Lidge, he must be tired or hurt. He's too good to be sucking like this.

nyjunc
10-24-2005, 08:32 AM
Where's gonick1 now? The ALL MIGHTY ROGER! It's always an excuse with Roger, he's been doing it ever since 1986. As great as he is, when a big game is on the line he pitches like Ronda Clemens.

By the way if the Astros have to count on Roger in a big spot then the only ring Houston is gonna see is this one:

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

(I'm sure Roger won't mind taking a bite either)

That's not fair, Roger has had a done a good job in big spots. No he hasn't been Sandy koufax but he's still donea great job in the WS.

Ray Finkle
10-24-2005, 12:13 PM
That's not fair, Roger has had a done a good job in big spots. No he hasn't been Sandy koufax but he's still donea great job in the WS.

Ok you're right he hasn't been horrible in big spots but he's not an Andy Pettite, David Wells, Curt Schilling, Mo.Rivera, Bob Gibson, Jack Morris etc. The fact is in a big game Clemens is a wimp. He faked an injury in the 1986 World Series, and got himself thrown out in the 1990 playoffs vs. the A's. He's career in the post season is something like 11 and 9. He's been pretty bad in big pressure situations (anytime he pitched for Boston in the playoffs, 1999 Game 3 vs. Boston, Game 7 in 2003 vs. Boston, Game 7 vs. St Louis in 2004, just to name a few). Clemens is a hall of famer and one of the best pitchers ever no doubt about it but I wouldn't want him pitching for me in a big game no matter what. He doesn't deal with pressure well. (And I even like the guy this isn't some hate filled rant).

His bad games in the post season outweight his good ones (which are few).

AggieFin21
10-24-2005, 12:41 PM
Ok you're right he hasn't been horrible in big spots but he's not an Andy Pettite, David Wells, Curt Schilling, Mo.Rivera, Bob Gibson, Jack Morris etc. The fact is in a big game Clemens is a wimp. He faked an injury in the 1986 World Series, and got himself thrown out in the 1990 playoffs vs. the A's. He's career in the post season is something like 11 and 9. He's been pretty bad in big pressure situations (anytime he pitched for Boston in the playoffs, 1999 Game 3 vs. Boston, Game 7 in 2003 vs. Boston, Game 7 vs. St Louis in 2004, just to name a few). Clemens is a hall of famer and one of the best pitchers ever no doubt about it but I wouldn't want him pitching for me in a big game no matter what. He doesn't deal with pressure well. (And I even like the guy this isn't some hate filled rant).

Geez man, why all the hate for Rodger? Did he piss in your cheerios or something?

Ray Finkle
10-24-2005, 01:11 PM
Geez man, why all the hate for Rodger? Did he piss in your cheerios or something?

I don't hate him, even when he was a dick to me when I met him, he was my first favorite baseball player when I was growing up. I even said I don't hate him, read what I wrote because I even said this isn't a rant on a guy just because I don't like him because I do. All I'm saying is that he's not a very good big game pitcher and there's plenty of evidence to back up my statement.

FinsNYanksFan13
10-24-2005, 02:08 PM
I can't stand Clemens and for that reason and that reason alone, go White Sox!

nyjunc
10-24-2005, 02:36 PM

he didn't fake an injury in '86, the only person who said he wanted out was McNamar and he was just trying to save his own behind. Roger pitched great in a Game 7 on the road vs. Arizona for us- for that I will always be grateful and his WS era is tremendous.

Ray Finkle
10-24-2005, 03:54 PM
he didn't fake an injury in '86, the only person who said he wanted out was McNamar and he was just trying to save his own behind. Roger pitched great in a Game 7 on the road vs. Arizona for us- for that I will always be grateful and his WS era is tremendous.

He DID fake an injury in 1986. I personally know players on that Red Sox team as well as the Red Sox trainer and everyone said Clemens had no blister on his finger which he claimed and one never showed up. Trust me on this one, he did fake his injury as a way out.

No question about it he pitched a great Game 7 vs. Diamond Backs and also a very good Game 3 in 2003 vs. the Red Sox, other than that you can't really name the other great post season performances where he did well (I don't count the WS Game 4 vs. Braves, he didn't have a lot of pressure on him because the series was over already).

Roman529
10-24-2005, 08:06 PM
Looks like it is over for the Astros...they would have to win 4 out of 5 now and the White Sox pitchers won't let that happen.

nyjunc
10-24-2005, 11:08 PM
He DID fake an injury in 1986. I personally know players on that Red Sox team as well as the Red Sox trainer and everyone said Clemens had no blister on his finger which he claimed and one never showed up. Trust me on this one, he did fake his injury as a way out.

No question about it he pitched a great Game 7 vs. Diamond Backs and also a very good Game 3 in 2003 vs. the Red Sox, other than that you can't really name the other great post season performances where he did well (I don't count the WS Game 4 vs. Braves, he didn't have a lot of pressure on him because the series was over already).

I still don't buy the fake injury excuse, until I see some proof I won't believe it.

You want to discount '99 atl? Ok what about '00 at Seattle? It was as dominating a postseason performance as there has ever been by a pitcher then waht about the '00 WS against the Mets? Another dominating performance. He has had his moments and has done great in the WS coming into this series w/ a career 1.90 ERA in 7 WS starts.

Ray Finkle
10-24-2005, 11:24 PM
I still don't buy the fake injury excuse, until I see some proof I won't believe it.

You want to discount '99 atl? Ok what about '00 at Seattle? It was as dominating a postseason performance as there has ever been by a pitcher then waht about the '00 WS against the Mets? Another dominating performance. He has had his moments and has done great in the WS coming into this series w/ a career 1.90 ERA in 7 WS starts.

That's fine if you don't believe the fake injury, but it's totally legit there's no question about it. I honestly wish I could somehow get you proof but all I have is my word (which I'm sure isn't good enough for anyone and I don't blame anyone if they want proof).

He's still not a good big game pitcher, I'm sorry. He had a lot of success with the Yankees in the post season no doubt however in my opinion that's because he didn't have to carry the ball all by himself like he did in Boston or in even with Houston. He's a Hall of Famer so he should be close to lights out in the playoffs but he's not his record although he has a lot of wins he's only 2 or 3 games above .500. Like I said before, I wouldn't want him with the ball in a big game no matter how great he is. He just doesn't have the grapefruits.

nyjunc
10-24-2005, 11:32 PM
That's fine if you don't believe the fake injury, but it's totally legit there's no question about it. I honestly wish I could somehow get you proof but all I have is my word (which I'm sure isn't good enough for anyone and I don't blame anyone if they want proof).

He's still not a good big game pitcher, I'm sorry. He had a lot of success with the Yankees in the post season no doubt however in my opinion that's because he didn't have to carry the ball all by himself like he did in Boston or in even with Houston. He's a Hall of Famer so he should be close to lights out in the playoffs but he's not his record although he has a lot of wins he's only 2 or 3 games above .500. Like I said before, I wouldn't want him with the ball in a big game no matter how great he is. He just doesn't have the grapefruits.

you act like he was bad in Boston, he pitched very well in '86 only giving up 4 ER in 2 starts against the Mets and he wasn't bad in '88 & '90(outside of getting ejected). pedro was never truly a big game pitcher either, outside of '99 Game 5 vs. Cle he never showed up when the pressure was there. '99 he was great against the yanks but you guys were down 2-0 and that series was over, '03 he was getting beaten up when he hit Garcia then in game 7 blew the 5-2 lead, in '04 the he was ok in Game 2 but left losing in game 5 and gave us some life in relief in game 7. yeah he was great against SL but that was up 2-0, Clemens has had more big postseason moments than Pedro.

FaninPatsyLand
10-24-2005, 11:37 PM
People, look at the numbers... It's quite obvious that Clemens isn't the same pitcher in the Divisonal and League Championship Series as he has been throughout his entire career.

nyjunc
10-24-2005, 11:40 PM
People, look at the numbers... It's quite obvious that Clemens isn't the same pitcher in the Divisonal and League Championship Series as he has been throughout his entire career.

There's no question about it but he has been a big game pitcher in his career.

Ray Finkle
10-24-2005, 11:46 PM
you act like he was bad in Boston, he pitched very well in '86 only giving up 4 ER in 2 starts against the Mets and he wasn't bad in '88 & '90(outside of getting ejected). pedro was never truly a big game pitcher either, outside of '99 Game 5 vs. Cle he never showed up when the pressure was there. '99 he was great against the yanks but you guys were down 2-0 and that series was over, '03 he was getting beaten up when he hit Garcia then in game 7 blew the 5-2 lead, in '04 the he was ok in Game 2 but left losing in game 5 and gave us some life in relief in game 7. yeah he was great against SL but that was up 2-0, Clemens has had more big postseason moments than Pedro.

When did Pedro Martinez get brought up in this? Of course Clemens has had more big postseason moments than Pedro. Clemens has been in the post season more times giving him more chances. Pedro's been in the post season 3 times and pitched what 11 games compared to Clemen's zillion appearance. However Pedro's pitching performances in 1999 outweights ANYTHING Clemens has ever done in the playoffs. Pedro pitched no hit ball while hurt in Game 5 vs. a good hitting Indians teams and then only gave up 1 hit and gave the Yankees their only loss that post season. He was dominate while hurt with a bad shoulder. 1 hit in 10 plus innings against two very good line ups is very impressive.

The fact is is that when Clemens was in Boston, in the playoffs he was a baby and never wanted the ball. Faking an injury and basically begging the ump to throw him out of the game show it. I know you don't believe me about either of those things (which is fine) however I know many players, coaches and people inside the Red Sox organization to know the truth about Roger. I'm not BSing or making things up to try to put the guy down, especially since I like him.

Ray Finkle
10-24-2005, 11:48 PM
There's no question about it but he has been a big game pitcher in his career.

He is a big game pitcher, I just feel he's slightly overrated in the "big game" tag. And like I said I wouldn't want him pitching for me in a do or die situation. But that's just me. I'd rather give the ball to Pettite, Schilling, Wells, Smoltz, and even Oswalt just to name a few.

MikeO
10-25-2005, 10:45 AM
He is a big game pitcher, I just feel he's slightly overrated in the "big game" tag. And like I said I wouldn't want him pitching for me in a do or die situation. But that's just me. I'd rather give the ball to Pettite, Schilling, Wells, Smoltz, and even Oswalt just to name a few.

Wells? Your kidding? You would rather have Wells in a big game over Clemans? please!

nyjunc
10-25-2005, 12:23 PM

Wells was sure a big game pitcher for us in '02 & '03, he was thrashed against Anaheim in '02 and then cost us the WS by pussing out after an inning in the '03 WS. other than that he has been a good postseason pitcher but life on the line I'd take Clemens. Everyone remembers all of Andy's good starts such as '96 WS Game 5 or '00 WS game 5 but they forget '96 WS Game 1 and a bunch of other disasters. Clemens only had the disaster against Bos in '99 and Ana in '02.

Schilling yes
Smoltz yes
Wells no
Pettitte close but no
oswalt right now but overall no.

Ray Finkle
10-25-2005, 12:34 PM
Wells? Your kidding? You would rather have Wells in a big game over Clemans? please!

No I'm not kidding, I just don't trust Clemens. He doesn't have the balls, he's wimped out before with the Red Sox and even wimped out on Saturday. If people are going to jump on Wells for the 2003 WS, I'm surprised no one is jumping on Clemens this year. What's the difference between the two guys?

nyjunc
10-25-2005, 12:59 PM
No I'm not kidding, I just don't trust Clemens. He doesn't have the balls, he's wimped out before with the Red Sox and even wimped out on Saturday. If people are going to jump on Wells for the 2003 WS, I'm surprised no one is jumping on Clemens this year. What's the difference between the two guys?

The difference is Clemens helped turn around a franchise and is a key reason Hou was even in the postseason and he wasn't horrible in the postseason and didn't beg out after an inning.

Ray Finkle
10-25-2005, 01:23 PM
The difference is Clemens helped turn around a franchise and is a key reason Hou was even in the postseason and he wasn't horrible in the postseason and didn't beg out after an inning.

I agree with the turning around the franchise thing because he gets some free passes in Houston like sometimes not going on a road trip when he's not scheduled to pitch so he can stay home with his family (at least that was the case last year). However I disagree with the begging out after an inning, because Clemens left after 2 innings. In my opinion its the same thing that Wells did (remember that Wells pitched very well for the Yankees up until that point in the 2003 playoffs). So maybe Houston fans won't get on Clemens for that but I don't see how people can say it wasn't ok for Wells but it was ok for Roger. In my mind its the same thing pretty much.

Of course since you're a Yankee fan the Wells thing bothers you more because he hurt the team by not pitching. Just like how as a Red Sox fan we're mad at Clemens for wimping out in 86 and 90.

nyjunc
10-25-2005, 01:30 PM
I agree with the turning around the franchise thing because he gets some free passes in Houston like sometimes not going on a road trip when he's not scheduled to pitch so he can stay home with his family (at least that was the case last year). However I disagree with the begging out after an inning, because Clemens left after 2 innings. In my opinion its the same thing that Wells did (remember that Wells pitched very well for the Yankees up until that point in the 2003 playoffs). So maybe Houston fans won't get on Clemens for that but I don't see how people can say it wasn't ok for Wells but it was ok for Roger. In my mind its the same thing pretty much.

Of course since you're a Yankee fan the Wells thing bothers you more because he hurt the team by not pitching. Just like how as a Red Sox fan we're mad at Clemens for wimping out in 86 and 90.

In '90 you had no shot against that A's team but in '86 Roger may have asked out but he pitched well for you and set you up to win. It was not his fault you blew Games 6 & 7.

Ray Finkle
10-25-2005, 01:40 PM
In '90 you had no shot against that A's team but in '86 Roger may have asked out but he pitched well for you and set you up to win. It was not his fault you blew Games 6 & 7.

I'm not blaming Clemens for either series. Clemens just never had any guts when in big games for Boston. When the pressure was on Roger was no where to be found. It rubs me the wrong way just like I'm sure Wells asking out bothers you and other Yankee fans, because Wells didn't cost the Yankees the World Series either.

gonick1
10-25-2005, 03:52 PM
If I had any feelings left you might have hurt one of em' gee whiz I've never heard a computer geek get so bent out of shape over a little sports talk, but I was'nt calling you out; as the foremost reckognized Red Sox authority and baseball guy i wuz jist askin' yer opinin'. but I see now, thats cool just another beligerent voice in a sea of beligerent voices.

SMadison29
10-26-2005, 01:34 AM
That makes this the longest WS game ever.

Who's gonna be the hero?

I'm gonna go with Berkman, not much of a longshot.

SMadison29
10-26-2005, 02:19 AM
And it's finally over. Geoff Blum was the hero. :tongue:

Marinoz#1
10-26-2005, 02:44 AM
Ouch! I was pulling for Huston

ILPhinFan88
10-26-2005, 09:13 AM
GO SOX http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2005/10/20_3_102-1.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSihp004YYUS) http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2005/10/18_7_27-1.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSihp004YYUS)

Ray Finkle
10-26-2005, 10:28 AM
I guess it's safe to say that this series is pretty much over. White Sox have been playing great baseball since the last week of September. They deserve the ring. In my opinion I think Cleveland by getting so hot and pushing the White Sox really helped the team get back on track (instead of ending up like other teams like Seattle in 2000 for example). Hopefully the city of Chicago won't be burnt down when they win.

nyjunc
10-26-2005, 12:29 PM
Hopefully the city of Chicago won't be burnt down when they win.

and hopefully no deaths at the celebration like last year.

Still want Oswalt over Clemens in a big game?(I'm talking vintage clemens not this old, injured version)

FinsNYanksFan13
10-26-2005, 12:35 PM
This has been one of the best lopsided World Series in baseball history. Every game has been good, Chicago is just getting all the breaks!

Roman529
10-26-2005, 03:01 PM
Break out the brooms.....it may be early but let me be the first to congratulate Chicago and their fans for a long deserved well earned World Series title.

Good job Ozzie Guillen, even though I don't know what the hell you are saying when you open your mouth. :lol:

Ray Finkle
10-26-2005, 05:12 PM
and hopefully no deaths at the celebration like last year.

Still want Oswalt over Clemens in a big game?(I'm talking vintage clemens not this old, injured version)

Agreed about the death that was very unfortunate last year, accidental or not.

As far as Oswalt, yes I'll still take him in a do or die situation over Clemens. He had 1 bad playoff start in his career which was only 1 bad inning (granted he only pitched in 2 post seasons).

nyjunc
10-26-2005, 05:55 PM
I just want Hous to at least win tonight so Chi can't tie the Yanks record of going 11-1 in a postseason year when we did it in '99.

Ray Finkle
10-26-2005, 06:13 PM
I just want Hous to at least win tonight so Chi can't tie the Yanks record of going 11-1 in a postseason year when we did it in '99.

I don't want Chicago to win tonight so they can't tie the Red Sox record for 8 straight post season victories (in 1 year). Then of course I'll have to root against Houston so they won't be the 2nd team to come back from being down 3 games to none.

nyjunc
10-26-2005, 06:27 PM
I don't want Chicago to win tonight so they can't tie the Red Sox record for 8 straight post season victories (in 1 year). Then of course I'll have to root against Houston so they won't be the 2nd team to come back from being down 3 games to none.

11-1 is more impressive than 11-3 w/ 8 straight wins and the Yanks have won 11 straight but only 7 in 1 postseason year.

MikeO
10-26-2005, 06:45 PM

This is stuff that means nothing to nobody you do realize that :shakeno:

Ray Finkle
10-26-2005, 08:15 PM
This is stuff that means nothing to nobody you do realize that :shakeno:

Ok Mike.... I'm sure if the Yankees were the only team in the history of baseball to comeback from being down 3 games to 0 you'd care. Just like Red Sox fans care, because it's something nobody has done before and we got a championship to show for it. Just like ANY baseball fan doesn't care that the Yankees went 11 and 1 in 1999 or have 11 straight post season wins (and yes nyjunc I do realize that being 11 and 1 is impressive).I guess the choke is still too hard to swallow though for some people (i.e. Mike) though.

SMadison29
10-26-2005, 10:20 PM
Pretty boring game so far. 0-0 bottom of 7.

FinsNYanksFan13
10-26-2005, 10:25 PM
Back to the first argument. I would take Oswalt over Clemens too. Even Clemens on top of his game he's no more then a 6 inning pitcher.

BTW, this game does suck. All the makings of a sweep. I think Chicago will close it out!

Ray Finkle
10-26-2005, 10:31 PM
Hey does anyone else think that Ezequiel Astacio is the ugliest player in the MLB? I mean look at that mug:

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2005/10/208853-1.jpg

He makes the mid-1990s mullet Randy Johnson look like Pamela Anderson.

FinsNYanksFan13
10-26-2005, 11:13 PM
Jermaine Dye is the MVP IMO. Was it just me or was he on base every other at bat!

SMadison29
10-26-2005, 11:19 PM
Jermaine Dye is the MVP IMO. Was it just me or was he on base every other at bat!

It's gonna be between him & Joe Crede.

FinsNYanksFan13
10-26-2005, 11:38 PM
Crede's glove was a god-send to the White Sox but I think Dye should win it!

PHINATIC13
10-26-2005, 11:41 PM
I can't stand AJ! Crede should get MVP imo.Sox are on a helluva ride.

SMadison29
10-26-2005, 11:48 PM
It's almost over.

SMadison29
10-26-2005, 11:52 PM
Helluva catch by Uribe in the stands.

One out left. Get ready.

SMadison29
10-26-2005, 11:56 PM
WHITE SOX ARE CHAMPS.

Uribe does it all in the field.

SMadison29
10-26-2005, 11:57 PM
They don't look that happy to have won it all, especially Ozzie.

PHINATIC13
10-26-2005, 11:59 PM
First Boston then the White Sox who's next the Cubbies......................:goof:

Heck my Angels were the last team to beat them,then got spanked.

SMadison29
10-27-2005, 12:04 AM
First Boston then the White Sox who's next the Cubbies......................

I can only hope. We have a lot of money to spend this offseason. Gotta make a decision on resigning Nomar (as SS or LF), then it's full steam ahead after Rafael Furcal, Brian Giles, & Johnny Damon.

PHINATIC13
10-27-2005, 12:12 AM
If it was up to me I'd pass on Garciaparra.He was going downhill in Boston.

Ray Finkle
10-27-2005, 12:18 AM
I can only hope. We have a lot of money to spend this offseason. Gotta make a decision on resigning Nomar (as SS or LF), then it's full steam ahead after Rafael Furcal, Brian Giles, & Johnny Damon.

Yes please take Johnny Damon off of our hands and get ready to see a million female Cubbie fans wearing a pink #18 Damon shirts around Wrigley. Personally I think Nomar could actually be a pretty decent CFer himself. He still has speed and has a very good arm.

SMadison29
10-27-2005, 12:26 AM
Well, once he came back from his groin injury at the end of August he hit .318 with 9 HRs & 26 RBIs. I'd like to keep him & put him in LF & sign Furcal to lead off.

SS-Furcal
2B-Walker
1B-Lee
3B-Aramis
LF-Nomar
RF-Burnitz
C-Barrett
CF-Patterson

SMadison29
10-27-2005, 12:29 AM
Personally I think Nomar could actually be a pretty decent CFer himself. He still has speed and has a very good arm.

After his groin injury this year I wouldn't put him in center & risk his health even more than it already is. He does have a strong arm but I've never seen him throw a ball overhand. He's gonna have to change that if he does make the move to left as he suggested.

Ray Finkle
10-27-2005, 12:38 AM
After his groin injury this year I wouldn't put him in center & risk his health even more than it already is. He does have a strong arm but I've never seen him throw a ball overhand. He's gonna have to change that if he does make the move to left as he suggested.

Good points.

MikeO
10-27-2005, 07:33 AM
Ok Mike.... I'm sure if the Yankees were the only team in the history of baseball to comeback from being down 3 games to 0 you'd care. Just like Red Sox fans care, because it's something nobody has done before and we got a championship to show for it. Just like ANY baseball fan doesn't care that the Yankees went 11 and 1 in 1999 or have 11 straight post season wins (and yes nyjunc I do realize that being 11 and 1 is impressive).I guess the choke is still too hard to swallow though for some people (i.e. Mike) though.

This from the same clown who said the White Sox weren't for real. They had no starting pitching. And the team had no postseason experience and would die because of it. :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

ILPhinFan88
10-27-2005, 10:42 AM
Congrats White Sox http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2005/11/36_2_68-1.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSihp004YYUS)

Ray Finkle
10-27-2005, 10:53 AM
This from the same clown who said the White Sox weren't for real. They had no starting pitching. And the team had no postseason experience and would die because of it. :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

Yeah everything you say is wonderful and great. Like how the Kevin Brown trade for the Yankees was good because you got Bubba Crosby in the deal :lol: You're the same clown that said Willis was an average pitcher or Pinella was a bad manager because he couldn't win a World Series with ARod and Johnson (well neither could Torre do you want to call him a bad manager?)

At the time I said that the White Sox pitching was bad and I even gave you numbers to prove it but you failed to respond (funny how that happened). They didn't have post season experience but it obviously didn't hurt them, nor did it hurt other unexperienced teams like FL in 2003. But it was a legit arguement. How many times do the Yankees get the edge in a series by the experts due to their experience? Go back and read my post as to why I felt the White Sox won this thing. It's on the 3rd or 4th page of this thread. Because I truly feel that if Cleveland didn't push them and put pressure on them the White Sox would be in the same boat as Seattle in 2000. Weren't you the one that said that you even thought Cleveland was going to over take them? Oh no I forgot you picked a White Sox/Astros World Series from the beginning yet didn't post anything in the Baseball Prediction thread.

FinsNYanksFan13
10-27-2005, 03:37 PM
Finkle, you are obsessed with the Yankees, everything u write about baseball comes back to them. Your obsession is pathetic, this is an World Series thread which featured the Astros and White Sox yet half the thread you bitched about the Yankees. GET OVER THEM!

and to MikeO........After this postseason, would you still want Brad Lidge over Mariano Rivera like you said you did earlier in the year LMAO? :lol: :lol: :lol:

MikeO
10-27-2005, 03:48 PM
Finkle, you are obsessed with the Yankees, everything u write about baseball comes back to them. Your obsession is pathetic, this is an World Series thread which featured the Astros and White Sox yet half the thread you bitched about the Yankees. GET OVER THEM!

:rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: glad I am not the only one who see's it

Ray Finkle
10-27-2005, 03:48 PM

and to MikeO........After this postseason, would you still want Brad Lidge over Mariano Rivera like you said you did earlier in the year LMAO? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Half the thread I talked about the Yankees really? Like how me and nyjunc were talking about Clemens (who's an Astro) and his past playoff games while pitching for both the Red Sox and Yankees. As for Bubba and Torre I used them as examples to MikeO. You need to get a grip. You're a JOKE. You biitch and call people out but once they respond to you you run and hide and don't respond (just like you probably won't to this post). You can talk the talk but you can't walk the walk!

FinsNYanksFan13
10-27-2005, 03:49 PM
awwwwwwww Finkle, have a I touched a nerve? I'm sorry little sister, didn't mean to hurt your feelings!

Ray Finkle
10-27-2005, 03:50 PM
awwwwwwww Finkle, have a I touched a nerve? I'm sorry little sister, didn't mean to hurt your feelings!

Wow great comeback :rolleyes: But hey it's the first time you talked back to someone so I'll give you the free pass. :lol: I'm just shocked that you responded.

FinsNYanksFan13
10-27-2005, 03:50 PM
and I'm hiding LMAO. Haven't hid once, when the Yankees lost I didn't hide, I let the Red Sox fans take their shots and took it like a man because I took my shots the week before. I'm sorry, I really can't take someone who seems obsessed with the movie Ace Ventura seriously. Sorry I just can't!

Ray Finkle
10-27-2005, 03:53 PM
and I'm hiding LMAO. Haven't hid once, when the Yankees lost I didn't hide, I let the Red Sox fans take their shots and took it like a man because I took my shots the week before. I'm sorry, I really can't take someone who seems obsessed with the movie Ace Ventura seriously. Sorry I just can't!

Yes I'm obsessed with Ace Ventura because I took a name from the movie? :shakeno:

OK moving on.....

FaninPatsyLand
10-27-2005, 03:54 PM
Hey MikeO... Dontrelle is just an average pitcher, right?

:rofl3:

FinsNYanksFan13
10-27-2005, 03:56 PM
You took the name, your location, your sig (last time I checked), your avatar, and your little quote under your name from Ace Ventura. I'd say that's a pretty healthy obsession. Try being yourself man, someone might actually like you someday!

Ray Finkle
10-27-2005, 03:59 PM
You took the name, your location, your sig (last time I checked), your avatar, and your little quote under your name from Ace Ventura. I'd say that's a pretty healthy obsession. Try being yourself man, someone might actually like you someday!

Thanks for the advice, it's called joking around, having fun and being different. Should I have picked: Dan Marino 13 or DolphinFan13 or something boring like that as a name? I didn't know you people cared.

FaninPatsyLand
10-27-2005, 04:01 PM

It's a message board for christ sake... I'd say the unhealthier obsession is 4,000+ posts in alittle over a year.

There's more to life than this message board. And you don't know 1% of the actual person behind the name, so don't go putting people down over a stupid avatar. :shakeno:

FinsNYanksFan13
10-27-2005, 04:13 PM
Oh the message board tough guy has returned, everyone hide LMAO!

FinsNYanksFan13
10-27-2005, 04:56 PM
By the way, I'm done going back and fourth with you two for now, I'm sure they'll be plenty of that next baseball season so I'll save it for then, although seeing that Fanin is a Celtics fan, things might start between us a little sooner! :lol:

FaninPatsyLand
10-27-2005, 05:12 PM
By the way, I'm done going back and fourth with you two for now, I'm sure they'll be plenty of that next baseball season so I'll save it for then, although seeing that Fanin is a Celtics fan, things might start between us a little sooner! :lol:

Like the Knicks will give you anything to talk about...

What a disgrace that team is. :lol:

FinsNYanksFan13
10-27-2005, 05:35 PM
As long they're better then the Celtics (which they will be), I will be a peace this year! :lol:

MikeO
10-27-2005, 09:23 PM

Yep, in my opinion he is. One good year in a career doesn't make a superstar sorry.

MikeO
10-27-2005, 09:26 PM

This from the genius who went around telling people Boston would win the AL East beacuse they had that "easy 2nd half schedule" and were "home almost the entire 2nd half of the year". How did that work out for ya. :rofl3: :rofl3:

Wanna play this game, I can go all day

Ray Finkle
10-27-2005, 10:13 PM
Bad news for baseball:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/playoffs2005/news/story?id=2206044

Lowest rated World Series ever. 30% drop of ratings compared to last year. And 7% lower than the 2nd lowest rated WS (Angels/Giants).

Ray Finkle
10-27-2005, 10:19 PM
This from the genius who went around telling people Boston would win the AL East beacuse they had that "easy 2nd half schedule" and were "home almost the entire 2nd half of the year". How did that work out for ya. :rofl3: :rofl3:

Wanna play this game, I can go all day

How come you didn't answer the question FinNYanksFan13 asked you about Lidge? Everyone makes misjudgements and mistakes, especially in baseball considering the season is 162 games long plus playoffs and the unpredicability of players play. I guess you're the only one that ignores your mistakes and calls people out on theirs though.

By the way D-Train now has had 2 very good years out of 3, including a Rookie of the Year award. He's 19 games over .500 and his career ERA is 3.27. He's also 23 years old. Plus he's an above average hitter considering he's a pitcher. Still an average pitcher in your book?