PDA

View Full Version : How long is hurricane season in Florida????

The_Phish
10-19-2005, 11:34 PM
I'm posting this to find out how long this aweful hurricane season lasts in the the South. I am going down to Miami in mid November for a week to see the New England game and staying on South beach. Right now I'm more concerned about you guys than the game. I hope everyone is safe and this all blows over. Take care and God Bless.
Go Dolphins

phinfann13
10-19-2005, 11:38 PM
Hurricane Season is June 1st-November 30th

late again
10-19-2005, 11:38 PM
the end of November

The_Phish
10-19-2005, 11:41 PM
I'll be down on November 12th, thats not the news I was looking for. Thanks guys.

MNFINFAN
10-20-2005, 12:24 AM
I'm posting this to find out how long this aweful hurricane season lasts in the the South. I am going down to Miami in mid November for a week to see the New England game and staying on South beach. Right now I'm more concerned about you guys than the game. I hope everyone is safe and this all blows over. Take care and God Bless.
Go Dolphins
Phish, I will be at that game then, we are usually good that time of year, most of the 'Canes that occur at this time of year start out where Wilma started, think Mitch, Gilbert, all started off the Western Caribbean/ Central American Coast, usually they end up in the Yucatan Peninsular or Central America.

Here's to the Phins beating up the Patsies and nice warm tropical breezes not wave whipping storms!

Ottoevans
10-20-2005, 12:40 AM
hurricane season is all year around it seems

DannyBoy13
10-20-2005, 01:41 AM
seems like it last forever when you live down here. :yell:

PassRush
10-20-2005, 01:43 AM
seems like it last forever when you live down here. :yell:
I couldn't agree more

outtawack311
10-20-2005, 03:20 AM
Actually, just because it's not hurricane season doesn't mean hurricanes can't form. Hurricane season is just the time when the conditions make it much more likely for them to occur.

cnc66
10-20-2005, 06:14 AM
Major storms, U.S. hurricanes rare in November

When Hurricane Michelle became a major hurricane with winds of 135 mph on Nov. 3, 2001, it was the first major Atlantic Basin hurricane in November since Hurricane Lenny in 1999 and only the sixth major hurricane in any November since 1900.

November hurricanes that hit the USA are even rarer than major November hurricanes. Only four hurricanes have hit the USA in November since 1900 and these were all were category 1 storms that hit Florida. While Michelle's tropical storm force winds (39 to 73 mph) hit Florida, its eye didn't cross the coast, which means the storm "brushed" but didn't hit the USA.

kastofsna120
10-20-2005, 10:14 AM
Actually, just because it's not hurricane season doesn't mean hurricanes can't form. Hurricane season is just the time when the conditions make it much more likely for them to occur.
yup, and it doesn't mean because it's hurricane season hurricanes will occur at all

wasn't there a small tropical storm that formed in march or something a few years ago?

LOCAL SCUM!
10-20-2005, 10:30 AM
Go Dolphins

YEa...Hurricane season around here seems waay longer to me than WINTER!:lol: I'm pretty sure you'll be alright for Nov. 13 against New England. Things USUALLY start slowing down as far as hurricanes around here around this time.

A Wing Pilot
10-20-2005, 10:30 AM
hurricane season ends when florida gets washed off the face of the earth.. other then that it pretty much lasts for ever

BALLS DEEP
10-20-2005, 10:52 AM
Until I finally get fed up and move to Steamboat Springs Colorado. I'd rather live up there and be able to dig my way out then go through this every year.

nick1
10-20-2005, 11:08 AM
it ends in November

albyfinfan
10-20-2005, 11:32 AM
its to f***ing long

Fran2fin
10-20-2005, 12:35 PM
Major storms, U.S. hurricanes rare in November

When Hurricane Michelle became a major hurricane with winds of 135 mph on Nov. 3, 2001, it was the first major Atlantic Basin hurricane in November since Hurricane Lenny in 1999 and only the sixth major hurricane in any November since 1900.

November hurricanes that hit the USA are even rarer than major November hurricanes. Only four hurricanes have hit the USA in November since 1900 and these were all were category 1 storms that hit Florida. While Michelle's tropical storm force winds (39 to 73 mph) hit Florida, its eye didn't cross the coast, which means the storm "brushed" but didn't hit the USA.

True, here in Orlando,we haven't had one come over Central Fl. since Donna over 40 years ago (1960) (2 years ago was the first) Maybe the Dolphins should move to Orlando and give the Bucs some competition, less chance of hurricanes coming here and we're getting sick of the Bucs trying to gather all the support for their team (Disney helping, of course, where the Bucs early train every year) We don't have South Beach, but we have Church Street Station which is just as crazy and we're only 50 miles to the beaches (some of the best in the world) Gee, dream on Fran.....:)