PDA

View Full Version : Old board games

Phinz1972
10-20-2005, 03:26 AM
I was talking with Amber earlier and comparing the old board games we use to like and play all the time(before we met eachother) and I'm wondering what board games you guys use to love and play a lot.

My list:
Hungry Hungry Hippos
Shutes & Ladders(sorry for spelling, can't remember how it was spelt)
ConnectFour(it can be classifed by a board game, my grandma said so when I called and asked her :tongue: ... :lol: )

And for those that want to say Rock'em Sock'em Bots, it's not a board game, you know who you are :wink:

d-day
10-20-2005, 03:31 AM
ConnectFour(it can be classifed by a board game, my grandma said so when I called and asked her :tongue: ... :lol: )

And for those that want to say Rock'em Sock'em Bots, it's not a board game, you know who you are :wink:

i still remember the connect 4 commercial... "pretty sneaky sis..."

my faves were...

don't break the ice
battling tops
stratego

and of course... rock em sock em robots :wink:

Phinz1972
10-20-2005, 03:34 AM
don't break the ice

Oh man, that one never crossed my mind. That game was crazy and fun.

What was the name of the game that you had thin plastic sticks things and stuck them in a see-through plastic tube and marbles or something were in the inside and if you pulled a stick and marble dropped, you lost.

d-day
10-20-2005, 03:40 AM

What was the name of the game that you had thin plastic sticks things and stuck them in a see-through plastic tube and marbles or something were in the inside and if you pulled a stick and marble dropped, you lost.

i remember the game but not the name -

just remembered another great one though ... toss across

Astro_Fiend
10-20-2005, 10:10 AM
yea, i got dont break the ice at a yardsale for my girls. after i set it all up for them, i have to fight back the urge to grab the hammer and pund the hell out of all the ice blocks before they can!

NJFINSFAN1
10-20-2005, 10:30 AM
i still remember the connect 4 commercial... "pretty sneaky sis..."

my faves were...

don't break the ice
battling tops
stratego

and of course... rock em sock em robots :wink:

Battling tops!!!!!!:lol: I played that all the time

Electric Football
Stratomatic (a dial baseball game)

The old bean bag tic tac toe toss

NJFINSFAN1
10-20-2005, 10:31 AM

I have it in the basement, I will check, I think it was don't spill the Marbles!

Talos
10-20-2005, 10:32 AM
God...I was such a dork....All of my siblings are much older so I grew up playing games with them.

Stratego
Blood Bowl
Chess
The Omega Virus

NJFINSFAN1
10-20-2005, 10:32 AM
Battleship!

UltraDol-Fan
10-20-2005, 10:39 AM
Risk!

Talos
10-20-2005, 10:40 AM
Risk!

Forgot that!

NJFINSFAN1
10-20-2005, 10:41 AM
Don't spill the beans!

jnewmant
10-20-2005, 10:55 AM
i liked playing sorry it was pretty fun, and mouse trap

albyfinfan
10-20-2005, 11:41 AM
sorry
monopoly
hungry hungry hippos
connect 4
battle ships (not to be confused with battle sh!ts)
perfection

damn i played alot of these thing when i was a kid

Mindwarp
10-20-2005, 11:56 AM
trouble
uno (card game)
battleship

painnotpleasure
10-20-2005, 12:57 PM
I was talking with Amber earlier and comparing the old board games we use to like and play all the time(before we met eachother) and I'm wondering what board games you guys use to love and play a lot.

My list:
Hungry Hungry Hippos
Shutes & Ladders(sorry for spelling, can't remember how it was spelt)

And for those that want to say Rock'em Sock'em Bots, it's not a board game, you know who you are :wink: Hungry Hungry Hippos. :cooldude:

Chutes and Ladders was good... oh yeah Connect Four, Monopoly, Scrabble, LIFE, Battleship definitely one of the best... there were so many, I'm surprised I can't remmeber anymore.

byroan
10-20-2005, 01:20 PM
Electronic battleship was awesome. I think I played that game the most.

mor911
10-20-2005, 01:39 PM
Does Uno count? The Mor loved Uno. It's not a board game, but still a classic game.

R_t_Kraken
10-20-2005, 01:56 PM
Monopoly (Still the greatest board game ever)
Life
Connect Four
Mancala
Sorry!
BattleShip
Checkers
Jenga
CrossFire
Stratego
Chess

and those boxer guys where you punch em in the chin and their head pops up, forget what their called. I played that game for hours at a time. :rofl3:

UltraDol-Fan
10-20-2005, 02:04 PM
clue, upwords, I still play scrable sometimes, although not as much because my wife likes to rub it in when she wins.

TJamesW_phinfan
10-20-2005, 02:05 PM
Risk!

Yep that was a fun one. :)

Hey how about trivial pursuit :splat:

Quelonio
10-20-2005, 02:05 PM
Mancala is awesome. And also I don't know how it's called but that game where you have a picture of a guy and you say does your guy have hair on his face, and pull down pictures... dare I say Guess Who? (it was called adivina quién in spanish which means that)

Clue was a good one too.

Mindwarp
10-20-2005, 02:07 PM
Mancala is awesome. And also I don't know how it's called but that game where you have a picture of a guy and you say does your guy have hair on his face, and pull down pictures... dare I say Guess Who? (it was called adivina quién in spanish which means that)

Clue was a good one too.

yes it was Guess Who.

Talos
10-20-2005, 02:15 PM
Its actually funny that this topic came up because its a common topic at work and led to the discovery of this site.... http://www.boardgamegeek.com

jnewmant
10-20-2005, 03:07 PM
how about candy land??? no not really i didn't think so

ILPhinFan88
10-20-2005, 03:15 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif