PDA

View Full Version : How the mighty have fallen

Pagan
10-20-2005, 09:56 AM
Congrats Eddie....your band is the new KISS. You must be so proud.

Diamond Dave must be laughing his azz off. :shakeno:

Rock Star: Van Halen (http://news.webindia123.com/news/showdetails.asp?id=141780&cat=Entertainment)

NJFINSFAN1
10-20-2005, 09:59 AM
They must need the bucks!

Talos
10-20-2005, 10:40 AM
God, some bands need to just go away.

WharfRat
10-20-2005, 12:17 PM
What an incredible waste of talent... :shakeno:

UncleCosmic
10-20-2005, 12:24 PM
Ack.

d-day
10-20-2005, 03:27 PM
they should have called the whole thing off when david lee left...

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Buddwalk
10-20-2005, 03:32 PM
As much as i like van halen and evh...there band sucked when david lee roth left

wpgfishfan
10-20-2005, 03:33 PM
The last Rock Star did huge ratings and this will have people buying more CD's from these guys. It is a smart business decision

Pagan
10-20-2005, 03:36 PM
The last Rock Star did huge ratings and this will have people buying more CD's from these guys. It is a smart business decision
Getting David Lee Roth back would have people buying their CDs also, and let them keep their last shred of dignity.

Slappy8800
10-20-2005, 10:35 PM
i dunno bout ya'all but im def watching this on...INXS i could care less about

dolfan_101
10-21-2005, 12:33 AM
Getting David Lee Roth back would have people buying their CDs also, and let them keep their last shred of dignity.

I agree, i love Van Halen, but all post-roth just suxed!!! If only Diamond Dave came back.......

Noodle Arm
10-21-2005, 07:16 AM
I was wondering what band would use the Rockstar show to look for a new singer. I watched the last one (I admit, I like INXS...but they're crap without Michael "Hangy" Hutchense)

LtDan
10-21-2005, 07:33 AM
Congrats Eddie....your band is the new KISS. You must be so proud.

Diamond Dave must be laughing his azz off. :shakeno:

Rock Star: Van Halen (http://news.webindia123.com/news/showdetails.asp?id=141780&cat=Entertainment) It should be ROCK STAR: LIVESAY I hear they are looking for a new bassist!!:lol: :rofl3: :D

Den54
10-21-2005, 07:40 AM
Lets see someone step up to the plate and sing Bottoms Up or Atomic Punk.

inFINSible
10-21-2005, 08:02 AM
Van Halen certainly fits the mold -- a former rock 'n' roll powerhouse that has been floundering without a frontman since the departures of David Lee Roth, Sammy Hagar and Gary Cherone.

They weren't floundering with Gary Cherone??... :rofl3:

Sad....at one time, this was my absolute favorite band...VH II was the best album ever....now, VH II is still one of my all time favorites....(Women and Children..... a close second) but, the band and my old hero Eddie are nothing more than a novelty act and the saddness that I feel over this would be over whelming without the drugs....

Pagan
10-21-2005, 08:48 AM
It should be ROCK STAR: LIVESAY I hear they are looking for a new bassist!!:lol: :rofl3: :D
I'm SAYin, bro! That guy they have now BLOWS!!!! Nothin' but a Steve Harris clone! :lol:

Fin Fan in Cali
10-21-2005, 08:55 AM
I agree, i love Van Halen, but all post-roth just suxed!!! If only Diamond Dave came back.......They got together and made a song or two, and Dave got up a couple of years ago at award show with the band, and Dave showed up with LSD all over again! Lead Singers Disease!:lol:

Pagan
10-21-2005, 08:58 AM
Dave showed up with LSD all over again! Lead Singers Disease!:lol:
Yes he did, and for the first time in YEARS, Van Halen was actually exciting again! :lol:

KB21
10-22-2005, 09:38 PM
Van Halen was much better with Sammy Hagar, not David Lee Roth, although Roth was good.

PHINATIC13
10-22-2005, 09:44 PM
I'll always be a VH fan. Dave was the man,but they did have some good stuff with the Red Rocker.

PHINATIC13
10-22-2005, 09:53 PM
......then they went and voted you least likely to succeed.....I had to tell'em baby you were armed with all you need....

Sorry just having a high school flashback:goof:

Fin Fan in Cali
10-22-2005, 09:58 PM
Van Halen was much better with Sammy Hagar, not David Lee Roth, although Roth was good.I am a huge Sammy Hagar, aka The Red Rocker fan!:)

TJamesW_phinfan
10-23-2005, 09:56 AM
I am a Hagar fan as well both his solo work and the VH work. I think during Hagar's time in Van Halen they were a better band with more depth and they were much more musical. To me it is the music that matters the most. Roth was a good front man and an entertaining guy but he was a lousy singer and ruined every single song on stage becaus he can't sing and seems to lose all sense of timing at least on stage. I still love the music they did with Roth just think they were a better band with Hagar.

I saw VH live what seems like a million years ago and both Eddie and David seemed drunk out of thier minds and sang and played horribly. It was very disapointing to me since they are one of my favorite bands. But I understand even the best can have a bad night. I have seen them live and in taped live performances other times and Roth was bad every time but Eddie was on his game all but that one time. I think maybe the key difference is Roth is just a front man where as Hagar is a full musician. If that makes any sense . :)

Having said all that even though I would like to see Hagar do another album with the band it would be interesting to see them do something with Roth again.

Roman529
10-23-2005, 01:54 PM
I graduated from high school in 1984 and Van Halen was probably the best band in the world from around 1982-1985....I think Diamond Dave and Sammy each had their strong and weak points. It might not be a bad idea to open up the competition to find a new singer. They just need to make sure they get some quality singers/entertainers up there to audition.