PDA

View Full Version : Football rules

Whatsdatson20
10-21-2005, 12:02 AM
Hey guys I need yall help. I have been given a great responsibility to come up with a set of rules for a two hand touch football tournament. It will be held at a local park where i live. Different teams, refs and so on. I need your guys help. I have wrote alot of it, but if you can see anything that I havnt thought of, let me know. Any rules you would put in there if you were the one running the show. Just think about any tournament you been in or street game you played where the rules sucked and you wished you sould have come up with them. Here is what I got.

FOOTBALL RULES

GENERAL:

There must be at least one girl per team, per side (ex. Offense and Defense)

Each team will have one timeout in the game.

Referees have full control of game. Any and every call will be there’s to make. Once referees make final call there will be no arguing with refs. If so, it could lead to a penalty or ejection of player who’s arguing.

ATTIRE:

You must be wearing shoes, shirt, pants or shorts (shorts at least knee length). Head wear and sports accessories (rist bands, head bans ect) is optional. Helmets will not be aloud in game. No pads whatsoever. Mouthpiece ok. Cleats ok.

OFFENSE:

Clock will stop everytime an offensive player goes “out of bounds” and when there is a touchdown by the offense or defense.

1. Quaterbacks cannot run unless being chased.

2. Runner with ball must use a legal move or else loss of down.

3. There will be one first down per three completions. Running the ball does not count as a completion. You must pass and catch a ball to count as a completion.

4. Offense will have 10 sec. to get play hiked. If ball is not hiked in the 10 seconds, the play will be ruled dead and there will be a loss of downs.

5 .In event of the game ending during a play, the end of the play will determine the end of the game.

6. If times runs out and ball is not yet hiked, the game is over.

7. In event of a tie, each team will get two possessions to win.

8. In case of a touchdown celebrations are strongly recommended. J

DEFENSE:

Clock will stop everytime an offensive player goes “out of bounds” and when there is a touchdown by the offense or defense.

1. The defender is aloud to make full contact with player while player dosen’t have ball. But this contact must only be within five yards of the line of scrimmage. Or else it will be called as pass interference. Once past five yards, defender must not come in contact with opposing player unless tagging the player who has the ball.

2. The defender must use legal move to catch player and bring play to a stop.

3. The defender covering the quarterback (if any) must count 7 seconds or “7 mississippies” before said defender rushes in.

4. If defender crosses the plain of the ball before ball is hiked then said defender will be called on an offsides penalty.

5. Once the play is over, there will be no further contact with opposing players. If so, it could lead to a penalty of downs or ejection of the player in fault.

6. In case of an interception or fumble recovery, the defense is aloud to take the ball to the house! (attempt to run the ball back the other way for a touchdown) If defender stops before reaching the endzone, then the team will take over from where the ball is dead.

PENALTYS:

Pass Interference: is when defender comes in contact with player who is receiving the ball at the time. When ball is in the air both the defender and offensive player are counted as eligible for reception. If either player interferes physically with the other player trying to catch, then pass interference will be called.

Effect: Infraction from defense- equals first down for offense where penalty occurred.

(in case penalty happens in endzone then ball will be placed on the goal line with a first down)

Infraction from offense- equals 10 yard negative penalty from where the ball was placed plus a loss of down.

(Scenario) If defender commits such penalty and the ball is still caught by the offensive player, then in this case penalty would not count and the caught ball will stand.

Offsides: is when player (defense or offense) is past the ball or lined up past the ball before said ball is hiked.

Effect: infraction from defense- equals a first down for the offense.

Infraction from offense- equals a loss of down.

Personal Fouls: is a penalty a ref calls when a player gets out of line. Personal fouls can be either, a player sits out a choice number of plays or the player is ejected.

(Scenario) The play begins and ball is thrown to a certain receiver. The defender makes some kind of physical interference with offensive player. The ref then calls a pass interference on the defender. Now even though the defender may feel as though he did not commit such penalty he starts to argrue with ref. The ref then has a choice to call a personal foul.

So thats what i have so far. I dont want this to be a crappy tournament with crappy rules. So help me out if ya can.

UCFinfan86
10-21-2005, 06:25 AM
damn ur taking a flag football tournament seriously. are yall doign this for anything like money or a prize? How are yall picking teams?

I don't have any other suggestions, when we play no one goes offsides so that isnt nesecessary, we dont have any penalties or anything unless u can tell the WR was being killed then we will just call redo of downs, but again our games aint as organized as your game. One thing though, 3 completions is alot for a first down. We play 2 and we aren't allowed to hand the ball off at all. Also are you guys playing like 7 on 7?

I also found the shorts rule funny, y does it matter if they are knee legnth?

Whatsdatson20
10-21-2005, 10:14 AM
damn ur taking a flag football tournament seriously. are yall doign this for anything like money or a prize? How are yall picking teams?

I don't have any other suggestions, when we play no one goes offsides so that isnt nesecessary, we dont have any penalties or anything unless u can tell the WR was being killed then we will just call redo of downs, but again our games aint as organized as your game. One thing though, 3 completions is alot for a first down. We play 2 and we aren't allowed to hand the ball off at all. Also are you guys playing like 7 on 7?

I also found the shorts rule funny, y does it matter if they are knee legnth?

YEah maybe there are too many detailed rules. No, no money involved. Just braging rights. You see, I am a youth leader in a youth group. And the youth group will be holding a "Turkey bowl" the week before thanksgiving. Im not sure how many per team yet. It all depends on how many sign up i guess. The reason for the shorts rule is simple. Since there will be at least two girls on the field every time, i know if i put shorts then some girls could come with the skimpiest thing on in there closet. And boys would have a field day tagging them if ya know what i mean. Remember this tournament isn't just opened for the youth group but any teenager in the city. So people will be inviting friends to play that go to thier school and stuff. I cant trust other girls that i have never met when it comes to this. :-) I said three completions cause it makes it alot more exciting. But everything there is open to change. Thats just some rough draft type stuff.

A Wing Pilot
10-21-2005, 10:50 AM
you need more rules then that !!!! When in doubt about a rule your local highschool rule book applies (this is the best thing you can do to cover every situation)

Also:

1. Lineman are eligble
2. can't line up 15 yards outside of center
3. 7 on the line
4. no falg guarding

forget typing all these, PM me if you want FF rule book i have one on me

Whatsdatson20
10-21-2005, 11:27 AM
you need more rules then that !!!! When in doubt about a rule your local highschool rule book applies (this is the best thing you can do to cover every situation)

Also:

1. Lineman are eligble
2. can't line up 15 yards outside of center
3. 7 on the line
4. no falg guarding

forget typing all these, PM me if you want FF rule book i have one on me

Thanks man but its just a regular football tournament. There will be no o-line , d-line. Its like if ya went out to the park with your friends and just played. I dont want to make this to rule packed. But I do want it to be organized.

UCFinfan86
10-21-2005, 12:02 PM
how old? like young teenagers liek 13-14 or for like 17 and 18 yards olds. cuz 17 and 18 then id would say 3 completeions but with for liek 13-14 theya rent as good and the QBs are as good so it will be alot harder to move the ball

Whatsdatson20
10-21-2005, 02:54 PM
how old? like young teenagers liek 13-14 or for like 17 and 18 yards olds. cuz 17 and 18 then id would say 3 completeions but with for liek 13-14 theya rent as good and the QBs are as good so it will be alot harder to move the ball

Hmmm, good point. there will be some older ones like me. but i guess there will be alot of 13-15 year olds. 2 completions does sound better for that reason. Thanks man.

kastofsna120
10-21-2005, 05:18 PM
headslaps should be legal

Quelonio
10-21-2005, 06:01 PM
We used to play to three completions, And we got better at that once we grew up and got smarter, and went west coast offense on everyone, but when we were young, all we wanted was to complete the long pass. So no first downs where ever achieved.