PDA

View Full Version : Just what passes for taunting, anyway?

FinHeathen
10-21-2005, 02:26 PM
Having been inoculated with Dolphin fandom nigh upon my escape from the womb, I, like many others, have been put off by the amount of penalties the Dolphins have incurred. Some are our bad, no doubt, but some seem punitive.

I sit next to The Mindwarp, who clued me in to a photoshop contest he was a part of. The source image was actually a photo of Randy McMichael streaking into the end zone, arm extended, ball in hand. This wound up being a penalty. A dumb one. But it made for a good photo.

This is what the NFL considers taunting.

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

I tend to disagree. It was celebratory, jeez. How would that, how could that possibly be taunting?

Oh, yeah. That's right.

Now, THAT'S taunting.

albyfinfan
10-21-2005, 02:31 PM

:sidelol: :sidelol:

Talos
10-21-2005, 02:41 PM
:roflmao:

mor911
10-21-2005, 02:52 PM
lmao... You're insane dude!

:mor911:

backpacker
10-21-2005, 03:05 PM
It's taunting because he was sticking the ball out to Lawyer Milloy. Like in the NBA, for example, say someone is on the floor, if you stand above them and stare at them, that's taunting and you'll get a tech called on you. If someone was sticking a football in your face while he ran into the endzone, it's considered taunting. Wouldn't it piss you off? If you ask me, it shouldn't be called taunting, maybe instigating. But they're basically the same thing.

FinHeathen
10-21-2005, 03:22 PM
It's taunting because he was sticking the ball out to Lawyer Milloy. Like in the NBA, for example, say someone is on the floor, if you stand above them and stare at them, that's taunting and you'll get a tech called on you. If someone was sticking a football in your face while he ran into the endzone, it's considered taunting. Wouldn't it piss you off? If you ask me, it shouldn't be called taunting, maybe instigating. But they're basically the same thing.

What the hell is an "NBA"? Is that like a skateboard or something?

Talos
10-21-2005, 03:24 PM
Wow....emjai took the post seriously....

WharfRat
10-21-2005, 03:24 PM
:lol:

FinHeathen
10-21-2005, 03:26 PM

It's ok.. he just doesn't know me yet. After all, it's like they say - to know him is.. to stare into the abyss of madness and feel abject horror... and stuff.

And by him, I mean me.

mor911
10-21-2005, 03:27 PM
Screw that... What McMike did was no more taunting than that stupid endzone walk that the bucs did after the fumble TD... That was a BS call.

byroan
10-21-2005, 03:28 PM
:rofl:

I can't breathe..that's hilarious.

Prime
10-21-2005, 04:09 PM
That was classless dude. There are really starving people out there in the world and I don't think that anybody needs to joke about it.

backpacker
10-21-2005, 04:13 PM

I knew it was a joke. I was just explaining the call.

FinHeathen
10-21-2005, 04:16 PM
That was classless dude. There are really starving people out there in the world and I don't think that anybody needs to joke about it.

Nobody NEEDS a joke about starving people. And what are you smoking, thinking I have class to begin with? I'm the frickin FinHeathen. See the heathen part?

Prime
10-21-2005, 04:18 PM
Nobody NEEDS a joke about starving people. And what are you smoking, thinking I have class to begin with? I'm the frickin FinHeathen. See the heathen part?

:smackhead

Talos
10-21-2005, 04:20 PM
Ace, dude, relax it was meant in humor. I was contemplating doing a wife beating wallpaper with that image. I don't support spousal abuse, just as I'm sure Finheathen doesn't support starving people, but it was a witty idea.

FinHeathen
10-21-2005, 04:28 PM
Ace, dude, relax it was meant in humor. I was contemplating doing a wife beating wallpaper with that image. I don't support spousal abuse, just as I'm sure Finheathen doesn't support starving people, but it was a witty idea.

I don't support spousal abuse unless she's asking for it.

It'll Happen11
10-22-2005, 02:27 PM
you are the most up-tight person on finheaven. Every time theres a funny thread thats a little been controversial, we can always expect you to come in and whine.

Prime
10-22-2005, 02:32 PM
you are the most up-tight person on finheaven. Every time theres a funny thread thats a little been controversial, we can always expect you to come in and whine.

Thanks for sharing your useless statement to us. :up: