PDA

View Full Version : Acne problem.

chrome4
10-22-2005, 10:27 AM
Hey I am a teenager, and I have acne. Not a lot, but enough to to bother me. Does anyone have any tips to get rid of acne.

NJFINSFAN1
10-22-2005, 10:43 AM
Shower more then once a week!;)

chrome4
10-22-2005, 10:47 AM
Shower more then once a week!;)
I shower every day.

NJFINSFAN1
10-22-2005, 10:50 AM
I shower every day.

I was joking!

Stride X I think its called

FinHeathen
10-22-2005, 11:59 AM
Stop touching yourself at night.

Nappy Roots
10-22-2005, 01:24 PM
i used to wash my face in the morning. when i got home from school.. and when i went to bed.

and dont touch your face with your hands, theres so much oil on them you will break out because of it

kastofsna120
10-22-2005, 01:34 PM
accutane is flawless. there are some bad side effects, though

http://www.fda.gov/cder/drug/infopage/accutane/medicationguide.htm

Caps
10-22-2005, 01:45 PM
Proactive works for me.

ABrownLamp
10-22-2005, 02:19 PM
The acne medication that is prescribed definitely works for moderate acne.
I used it when I was in high school and it worked for me.

Problem is that is has to break through lots of skin layers and bring out acne that hasn't quite formed yet.
So for 8-12 weeks you will have the most disgusting/shiny/acne filled skin you have ever had.
But after that your problems are pretty much over.

painnotpleasure
10-22-2005, 03:54 PM
Maybe byroan would know, I believe he is the Arcade "Acne Be Gone" Champion. :wink:

FinHeathen
10-22-2005, 05:58 PM

Well, one of the most ominous side-effects of Accutance is it's tendancy to drive it's users to suicide. The plus side to that being that that would pretty well end the whole acne problem.

wpgfishfan
10-22-2005, 06:03 PM
1. By the time your 30 it should clear up:lol:

J/K You should see a dermatologist. They will be more informed than us (except for THE MOR)

kastofsna120
10-22-2005, 06:31 PM
Well, one of the most ominous side-effects of Accutance is it's tendancy to drive it's users to suicide. The plus side to that being that that would pretty well end the whole acne problem.
as well as any other problem. suicide it is!

darkmistress
10-22-2005, 06:47 PM
Try and avoid medication where possible you shouldn't stuff your body around too much... Here's a few tips to try:

1. Use an acne prevention proven face wash/soap at least two times a day (morning and night)
2. Keep a healthy diet (avoid all the fatty stuff - you're only as healthy outside as you are inside)
3. Drink lots of water
4. Wait until you emerge on the other side of puberty ;)

R_t_Kraken
10-22-2005, 07:01 PM
Maybe byroan would know, I believe he is the Arcade "Acne Be Gone" Champion. :wink:

:lol:

FinHeathen
10-22-2005, 07:02 PM
as well as any other problem. suicide it is!

All I'm saying is that maybe Ozzy and Judas Priest could be wrong independantly, but both of them, wrong about the same thing? Heresy! That's like a rock sandwich of good advice! (And by good I mean very bad. No one should kill themselves, not even, and it pains me to say this, not even Jets fans.)

Quelonio
10-22-2005, 08:06 PM
You should drink much less soft drinks and more water. Also neutrogena has pads that clean your skin (although they leave it really dry) it is also a genetical thing, so if you have it in your genes, you might be in a tough one. Drinking water is really good, you can also use alcohol on cotton and clean your face with it, but once again it dries your skin a lot.

Dolphin1184
10-22-2005, 08:40 PM

Accutane is awesome. If you can endure the dry lips, skin, and nose bleeds, it will end your acne for sure. Used it twice in my lifetime and worked well both times.

darkmistress
10-22-2005, 09:05 PM
Accutane is awesome. If you can endure the dry lips, skin, and nose bleeds, it will end your acne for sure. Used it twice in my lifetime and worked well both times.

I know someone who used something like that (I think it has a diff name here)... once they finished using it their acne came back again and they had to go on it again... it's great while you're taking it but doesn't solve it long term...

I believe there is also a laser treatment gets rid of them for roughly 12 months... maybe that's only available here though...

Still I maintain that loads of water and a good diet is the best way to go ;)

If it's a serious problem and actually making you sick, like I've seen it do, then I suggest seeing your doctor.

KB21
10-22-2005, 09:34 PM
Contrary to popular belief, drinking soft drinks and eating a lot of chocolate isn't the cause of acne. Acne is caused by a bacteria called Proprionobacterium acnes. This isn't something that can be prevented by simply washing your face either. If you are a teenager, then you are going through a lot of metabolic changes. Females get an increase in estrogen levels while males get an increase in testosterone levels. In both causes, the increase causes an increase in the secretions from the sebacious glands in your skin. These oily substances provide a fertile breeding ground for proprionobacterium. Washing your face isn't enough, because the soap you use doesn't get down into the skin. The benzoyl peroxide in OTC products like OXY 10 help because it dialates the pores in your skin and allows the antibacterial action to get into the deeper levels of the skin.

If it is severe enough, you may want to see a dermatologist and get a prescription for a drug called Retnin A. Accutane should only be used as a last ditch effort, because you have to have your liver enzymes checked every month while you are on it. Retnin A will cause some photosensitivity reactions, so you will want to avoid the sun while on that drug, but it works by getting the sebacious glands to not secrete so much oil.

Whatsdatson20
10-23-2005, 08:40 PM
Proactive works for me.

I dont know much solutions to acne. But hey does that proactive stuff REALLY work the way they say it does? I mean you see diddy and alicia keys talking about it. (marketing schemes) But I want to know if is really that good. Does anyone else on here use it?

Whatsdatson20
10-23-2005, 08:40 PM
Contrary to popular belief, drinking soft drinks and eating a lot of chocolate isn't the cause of acne. Acne is caused by a bacteria called Proprionobacterium acnes. This isn't something that can be prevented by simply washing your face either. If you are a teenager, then you are going through a lot of metabolic changes. Females get an increase in estrogen levels while males get an increase in testosterone levels. In both causes, the increase causes an increase in the secretions from the sebacious glands in your skin. These oily substances provide a fertile breeding ground for proprionobacterium. Washing your face isn't enough, because the soap you use doesn't get down into the skin. The benzoyl peroxide in OTC products like OXY 10 help because it dialates the pores in your skin and allows the antibacterial action to get into the deeper levels of the skin.

If it is severe enough, you may want to see a dermatologist and get a prescription for a drug called Retnin A. Accutane should only be used as a last ditch effort, because you have to have your liver enzymes checked every month while you are on it. Retnin A will cause some photosensitivity reactions, so you will want to avoid the sun while on that drug, but it works by getting the sebacious glands to not secrete so much oil.

Excellent post. Your a draft guru and like a freakin zit guru!

KB21
10-23-2005, 08:55 PM
Excellent post. Your a draft guru and like a freakin zit guru!

Yep! A draft guru and a medical student. Perfect combination. We just went over proprionobacteria in microbiology.

Whatsdatson20
10-23-2005, 08:58 PM
Yep! A draft guru and a medical student. Perfect combination. We just went over proprionobacteria in microbiology.

HAHA! Thats cool man, but you gonna have to chill out on those big words. My mind is racing right now.

MelbournePhin
10-24-2005, 10:01 AM
benzamycin. it worked for me. you better have insurance though. a jar is 100 bucks w/o it

Scrap
10-24-2005, 04:03 PM
Wash your fash daily with rubbing alcohol. That will dry you up a bit, but it beats having zits. Once you start seeming like you're getting dry skin, cut back a little.

byroan
10-24-2005, 07:07 PM

:couch:

I've already gone through that acne faze, thankfully it didn't last too long. I took the Nature's Cure stuff you can buy at walmart and it worked for me.

nolefin
10-24-2005, 08:32 PM
1.water lots of it
2. go to the steam room if you can access to a gym #1 is the most important trust me

dolfan_101
10-24-2005, 10:28 PM
Acne Free, works for me...