PDA

View Full Version : Nine Inch Nails

Muck
10-23-2005, 09:49 AM
Went to the NIN/Queens of the Stone Age show last night. Man, what a show.

QOTSA was good. But there's a reason they were opening up. NIN was awesome. Definitely a unique experience. Very powerful. The visuals, stage setup and how the band incorporated into their performance was outstanding. And they just freaking rocked. :rocker:

Both bands pretty much went right thru it. Not a whole lot of stopping. Especially NIN. Queens played about an hour and NIN two. :band:

There wasn't a whole lot of chit chat from Trent. The whole "what's up -insert city here-!!" and between song banter stuff is really cheesy to me. So when Trent or Josh (from Queens) spoke, it wasn't BS filler. And after all these years, it was different seeing Trent with a shaved head. He got buff too.

These two chicks in front of us were spotted by a "talent" scout between bands and were given backstage passes for NIN after the show, effectively ending any shot we had with them. lol

Has anyone been to a show on this tour?? If you get the chance, I highly recommend it. Awesome.

Den54
10-23-2005, 10:29 AM
I saw Grand Funk Railroad last month in Orlando and Blue Oyster Cult/FogHat in Lakeland too.

inFINSible
10-23-2005, 11:45 AM
I saw Grand Funk Railroad last month in Orlando and Blue Oyster Cult/FogHat in Lakeland too.
The first concert I ever went to was BOC and Foghat...:lol:

Quelonio
10-23-2005, 11:56 AM
I saw NIN during the summer in Mexico City, the band opening was the Dresden Dolls. THe production value of that show is amazing, the light design is out of this world. My only problem is that I am not a big fan of NIN, my girlfriend is, so I think their songs start to morph into one after a while, so for me the the great songs in the concert were when thhey would do something that went out of the fast beat-herecomes the rough guitar-Reznor whispers-now he yells formula.

But overall it was a really fun experience, I know that if I had been a fan, I would have been close to orgasm while watching them.

cnc66
10-23-2005, 11:58 AM
Tyranny and Mutation... a very good album, ahhh the olden days.

Den54
10-23-2005, 01:05 PM

Me too!! Around 1981 or 2 kinda foggy memory if you know what I mean.
It was here in Lakeland FL. BOC had a giant Godzilla breathing smoke and shooting lazers from his eyes. :D

Den54
10-23-2005, 01:05 PM
Tyranny and Mutation... a very good album, ahhh the olden days.

They still kick butt!!

d-day
10-23-2005, 01:29 PM
i could never see nin enough times live - i caught a show in orlando a good while back with pop will eat itself and jim rose - trent must have smashed at least a dozen keyboards that night - some bands just don't translate live - nin is the best of both worlds - second to none studio production/ second to none live performance - there was a time when i couldn't fall asleep, unless a warm place was on repeat...

inFINSible
10-23-2005, 03:08 PM
Me too!! Around 1981 or 2 kinda foggy memory if you know what I mean.
It was here in Lakeland FL. BOC had a giant Godzilla breathing smoke and shooting lazers from his eyes. :D
1981....Lee County Civic Center.....same show!

Den54
10-23-2005, 03:30 PM
1981....Lee County Civic Center.....same show!

Did BOC close out the show by driving Harley's on stage and singing Born To Be Wild? That was awsome. The neat thing is I took my son with me a couple a months ago to see them at the same place I did 23 years earlier. It was his first concert too. :D

FinsNCanes
10-23-2005, 04:48 PM
NIN used to be good.

inFINSible
10-23-2005, 05:00 PM
Did BOC close out the show by driving Harley's on stage and singing Born To Be Wild? That was awsome. The neat thing is I took my son with me a couple a months ago to see them at the same place I did 23 years earlier. It was his first concert too. :D
Wow, I haven't remembered that until right now....yep, they sure did.

unifiedtheory
10-23-2005, 05:11 PM
I REALLY wanted to see Q.O.T.S.A. when they were in Vancouver about a month ago. I've never been a NIN fan though.

I would have gone but, tix for the show were $77.00 (plus service charge, plus I would have had to pay for the g.f as well). This was a week after S.O.A.D. and 2 weeks after Pearl Jam....I went to both those shows though.

I was too broke after paying for two people to go to both those other shows...damn I wish I had gone. Glad you had a great time G.

darkmistress
10-23-2005, 06:39 PM
my friend who's totally obsessed with NIN went when they here in august... she absolutely loved it... I couldn't go though as I had a family dinner...:( lol

Muck
10-23-2005, 06:53 PM
Did I mention I got in for free?? :tongue:

Yup, it's too bad that more cool shows doesn't come to the Forum because I don't pay to get in there (I sat courtside for the Magic last weekend). I hate the Ampitheater. IMO those kind of things are setup completely backwards. Plus the Forum is so much closer to my house and it's downtown.

Anyway, I'm not the most rabid NIN fan. But after last night, I became a much bigger fan. As mentioned above, they bring it live. I'd heard that their shows had gone downhill in past years. I guess because Trent was having problems back then.

But there was no doubt last night. And they destroyed everything to end the show (then tossed the remains to the crowd).

And it's always great when a band plays your favorite song (Wish).

Muck
10-23-2005, 07:00 PM
And how cool is it when a guy makes entire master tracks available to the public for manipulation, expiramentation, etc.....before the album is released....in several formats (including the original ProTools w/ unreleased content).....for free.

http://www.nin.com/access/only/

DrAstroZoom
10-25-2005, 04:40 PM
Speaking of manipulation, have you heard the mash-up of Ray Parker Jr's theme from "Ghostbusters" and "The Hand That Feeds"? Pure genius.

The Ghost That Feeds (http://www.nathanchase.com/2005/04/ghost-that-feedsray-parker-jrs.html)

jnewmant
10-25-2005, 05:20 PM
Speaking of manipulation, have you heard the mash-up of Ray Parker Jr's theme from "Ghostbusters" and "The Hand That Feeds"? Pure genius.

The Ghost That Feeds (http://www.nathanchase.com/2005/04/ghost-that-feedsray-parker-jrs.html)wow that one track almost made me go completely insane

jnewmant
10-25-2005, 05:22 PM
oh and yeah i went and saw NIN and Manson at the pine knob in San Antonio when i was 12 or 13, my cousin took me, he told my parents we were going white water rafting or something lame like that, it was the greatest show i've ever been to

Muck
10-25-2005, 05:34 PM

The Ghost That Feeds (http://www.nathanchase.com/2005/04/ghost-that-feedsray-parker-jrs.html)

Yeah I heard that one. It made me want to slit my wrists. :lol: