PDA

View Full Version : Well, brother D-Day,

cnc66
10-23-2005, 02:48 PM
I hope you are soon hunkered down and safe from the storm.(I looked, you are not presently on) I see your weather is already trying to spit some rain here and there. The first squall line is on it's way, hope you are done battening down the hatches.. It will come in at your crib and leave at mine. Stay safe brother !

http://www.srh.noaa.gov/radar/loop/DS.p20-r/si.kbyx.shtml
the eye wall is on Key West radar. I use the base reflectivity, long range loop. I think it is best. The rainrate features are very cool when it gets closer.

remember what one coconut tree said to another; Hang on to your nuts, we've got a blow comin'

backpacker
10-23-2005, 02:57 PM
Me and my dad just got down putting up plywood about an hour ago. We think we'll be ok here.

RWhitney014
10-23-2005, 03:27 PM
Yeah, Cap'n, be careful out there on the West Coast.

dol_fan_81
10-23-2005, 03:43 PM
I hope you are soon hunkered down and safe from the storm.(I looked, you are not presently on) I see your weather is already trying to spit some rain here and there. The first squall line is on it's way, hope you are done battening down the hatches.. It will come in at your crib and leave at mine. Stay safe brother !

http://www.srh.noaa.gov/radar/loop/DS.p20-r/si.kbyx.shtml
the eye wall is on Key West radar. I use the base reflectivity, long range loop. I think it is best. The rainrate features are very cool when it gets closer.

remember what one coconut tree said to another; Hang on to your nuts, we've got a blow comin'

stay safe everyone

inFINSible
10-23-2005, 03:51 PM
Dang.....I just got a call from Miami, my dad has been admitted to Jackson Memorial with chest pains....:(

welderpat
10-23-2005, 03:56 PM
Dang.....I just got a call from Miami, my dad has been admitted to Jackson Memorial with chest pains....:(

Just when you think it can't get worse :(
Hang in there infins and let us know how everything comes out, our thoughts and prayers are with you and youres.

Pat and family

Noodle Arm
10-23-2005, 03:58 PM

Wow sorry to hear that inFINS, hope everything's ok. Any word if it was hurricane stress related?

kud
10-23-2005, 04:10 PM
Me and my dad just got down putting up plywood about an hour ago. We think we'll be ok here.

Me and my unc have been boardin up for 3 hours and still got nearly half the house to go. :lol: Hot as a mother out there.

kud
10-23-2005, 04:12 PM

Sorry to hear infins, thats a shame. Couldn't come at a worse time. :(

inFINSible
10-23-2005, 04:23 PM
I just got another call from him, they're transfering him to another hospital, it was a heart attack, they think he has a blocked artery, he's probably going to have an angioplasty..... he sounds scared.....I don't know what to do....I don't know if I should stay here or go over there....Anybody know how serious this is??

FIN-IN-RI
10-23-2005, 04:29 PM
I just got another call from him, they're transfering him to another hospital, it was a heart attack, they think he has a blocked artery, he's probably going to have an angioplasty..... he sounds scared.....I don't know what to do....I don't know if I should stay here or go over there....Anybody know how serious this is??

KB would know best but i think an angioplasty is a common surgery to unblock the artery and insert a stent/ballon to prevent further bloackages in that artery..Google it for more info..

I think you should go see your dad.

My prayers and thoughts are with you and yours.

d-day
10-23-2005, 04:31 PM
thanks for the lookout and concern cnc - :hug: - the worse part is the waiting... whats up infins? did you get to see the pics from the tailgaiting in the "pictures of you" thread? hope your dad is ok bro...

edit - just caught your latest post - sorry to hear about the heart attack - maybe you should drive over there now while you still got the chance... you got my number - call me if you need anything, especially if you (collier county) gets hit harder than me (lee county)...

FIN-IN-RI
10-23-2005, 04:33 PM
don't worry too much infins.. people have heart attacks all of the time and with the great advances in medicine, there are sure and fast treatments for thinning the blood and recovering from a heart attack.. The good thing is that he caught it early.

wpgfishfan
10-23-2005, 04:34 PM
Going to see him is the best option.

BlitPhinFan
10-23-2005, 04:40 PM

Really sorry to hear about this. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I can't remember what proceedure my grandfather went under for, when he had a mild heart attack and I can't seem to reach him right now. If I get ahold of him I will ask. I know he was rather scared as well and everything went well.

I pray everything goes well for your father as well.

BlitPhinFan
10-23-2005, 04:42 PM
thanks for the lookout and concern cnc - :hug: - the worse part is the waiting... whats up infins? did you get to see the pics from the tailgaiting in the "pictures of you" thread? hope your dad is ok bro...

edit - just caught your latest post - sorry to hear about the heart attack - maybe you should drive over there now while you still got the chance...

Good to see you're still in good spirits. Stay safe down there d-day.

FinsNCanes
10-23-2005, 04:49 PM
I think this cane is gonna be *****.

inFINSible
10-23-2005, 04:58 PM

edit - just caught your latest post - sorry to hear about the heart attack - maybe you should drive over there now while you still got the chance... you got my number - call me if you need anything, especially if you (collier county) gets hit harder than me (lee county)...
no, i missed them d-day, I'll check them out in a minute...BTW, who's cooler is in the back of my truck?:lol:

Talked to my Dad again he said to stay here and take care of whatever I need to take care of, he'll be okay...His cousin is with him now, she'll keep me informed, he said the hard part is over with now....they have him on a nitro drip and he's just resting, said he feels fine..

d-day
10-23-2005, 05:00 PM
no, i missed them d-day, I'll check them out in a minute...BTW, who's cooler is in the back of my truck?:lol:

Talked to my Dad again he said to stay here and take care of whatever I need to take care of, he'll be okay...His cousin is with him now, she'll keep me informed, he said the hard part is over with now....they have him on a nitro drip and he's just resting, said he feels fine..

awesome infins - i'm glad he's going to be ok :) - hows naples right now? still no rain or much wind here in ft myers - btw you can keep the cooler... i think it belongs to pass rush :tongue:

cnc66
10-23-2005, 05:02 PM
thank goodness ! my prayers to you infins.

be safe fins n canes ! don't be fooled remember the last one that spun up just before landfall

d-day
10-23-2005, 05:08 PM
thank goodness ! my prayers to you infins.

be safe fins n canes ! don't be fooled remember the last one that spun up just before landfall

hey cnc - you've inspired me to journal this event - maybe one day, a great great grand son will read it like you've been able to do with your relatives... ;)

inFINSible
10-23-2005, 05:20 PM
awesome infins - i'm glad he's going to be ok :) - hows naples right now? still no rain or much wind here in ft myers - btw you can keep the cooler... i think it belongs to pass rush :tongue:
Nothing happening here at all......nice and calm.....just like they always say..:lol:

cnc66
10-23-2005, 05:26 PM
very cool, if it follows the predicted path this one will be just like the October 1873 storm, same path, very fast moving, eye over Jupiter, next morning cool northwest wind clear blue skies. That is the storm they spent trapped in a swamp hiding under the twelve foot sailboat tender "Fly" for the duration. We are supposed to have a Monday night temperature of only 51, I'll be freezin my fanny off brrrrrr. This will be only my fourth daylight storm, two as a kid, Cleo and Betsy, two as an adult David and now Wilma. It might be my fourth eye too....I wonder if I'm a magnet:goof:

LittlePaulie
10-23-2005, 06:24 PM
Good luck guys, and my prayers are with all in south Florida! Even though myself is a storm watcher stay safe and take care of yourselves!

FinsNCanes
10-23-2005, 06:51 PM
d-day should have a hurricane party. .

wOOt

NaboCane
10-23-2005, 06:55 PM

Angioplasty is as routine a procedure as they come...your dad will be fine, as long as he's otherwise healthy. Just make sure he follows doctor's instructions as to diet/excercize/meds from here on out.

My prayers are with all of you in the path of this storm, including my own family in Miami. I hope that somehow, this storm runs into a pocket of cold water and dies. Y'all are still gonna get rain and probably flooding though. Stay safe.

Fin Fan in Cali
10-23-2005, 06:58 PM
I just got another call from him, they're transfering him to another hospital, it was a heart attack, they think he has a blocked artery, he's probably going to have an angioplasty..... he sounds scared.....I don't know what to do....I don't know if I should stay here or go over there....Anybody know how serious this is??Bro my prayers, and best wishes are with and your dad.

NaboCane
10-23-2005, 07:00 PM
very cool, if it follows the predicted path this one will be just like the October 1873 storm, same path, very fast moving, eye over Jupiter, next morning cool northwest wind clear blue skies. That is the storm they spent trapped in a swamp hiding under the twelve foot sailboat tender "Fly" for the duration. We are supposed to have a Monday night temperature of only 51, I'll be freezin my fanny off brrrrrr. This will be only my fourth daylight storm, two as a kid, Cleo and Betsy, two as an adult David and now Wilma. It might be my fourth eye too....I wonder if I'm a magnet:goof:

Betsy twice, remember? That ***** turned around when it had already passed and smacked us again. You and I must be about the same age.

Cleo was a powerful storm, for being only a Cat2 (I think). I remember the windows rattling in the old house we lived in, like there was a giant out there trying to muscle in. he next morning, a tree with a trunk about 6 feet around had been pulled up by its roots and dragged about 50 feet down the street. I lived in Sliver Bluff then, just off US1.

Were you around Miami for Andrew?

PHINATIC13
10-23-2005, 07:29 PM
Wishing for the best for your dad inFins and stay safe d-day(hurricane).My prayers are with you guys.

cnc66
10-23-2005, 08:44 PM
However...
Satellite Imagery Does Not Reveal Any Obvious Signs That The Shear
Is Yet Strong Enough To Reverse The Current Strengthening
Trend...and It Might Not Increase In Time To Induce A Weakening
Trend Before Landfall. The Best Estimate Of Landfall Intensity Is
Category Two...but It Is Possible That Wilma Could Be Near Category
Three Intensity As It Approaches The Coast.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/text/refresh/MIATCDAT4+shtml/232149.shtml

central pressure is dropping and she is getting stronger, beware...

Gonzo
10-23-2005, 09:33 PM
Stay safe everybody. Look forward to seeing you all on here afterwards!

Fin Fan in Cali
10-23-2005, 09:35 PM
My prayers and thoughts go out to you all in the hurricane path! Stay safe and sound.:)

inFINSible
10-23-2005, 11:13 PM
Angioplasty is as routine a procedure as they come...your dad will be fine, as long as he's otherwise healthy. Just make sure he follows doctor's instructions as to diet/excercize/meds from here on out.

My prayers are with all of you in the path of this storm, including my own family in Miami. I hope that somehow, this storm runs into a pocket of cold water and dies. Y'all are still gonna get rain and probably flooding though. Stay safe.
He had three blockages, they cleared them all and he's supposed to be able to leave the hospital tomorrow....not sure how that's going to happen with the hurricane going through but he's doing okay and that's at least one less worry at the moment.....they're saying it's going to be a cat 3 now and it looks like the eye will be going right over my house....hooray.....we'll probably lose power for a few days so don't worry too much if you don't see me on here for awhile....we're well stocked, flooding shouldn't be a problem, and as long as the roof stays on we'll be fine....

d-day
10-24-2005, 12:03 AM
just got a nice gust of wind from some incoming bands - it literally went from being very suspiciously calm and quiet to somewhat nasty just like that... i'll stay online until my power goes out

Gonzo
10-24-2005, 12:09 AM
just got a nice gust of wind from some incoming bands - it literally went from being very suspiciously calm and quiet to somewhat nasty just like that... i'll stay online until my power goes out

The calm before the storm ain't no joke. I remember how it was when I was in Louisiana for a couple. Same with tornadoes (that green tint everything takes...). Hold it down d-day! Hope you got a lady there to keep you company:hump:

d-day
10-24-2005, 12:32 AM
and then the rains came...

Roman529
10-24-2005, 12:40 AM
Hey Infinsible, hope your dad is doing ok and good to hear they were able to clear the blockages....last year right before Christmas my dad got diagnosed with prostate cancer and luckily they were able to get the cancer before it spread and he is now doing great. Always remember to tell your parents how much they mean to you. :)

To all the FH crew that are in the path of the hurricane, stay safe, batten down the hatches, and be sure to save your tv set so you can watch us beat the AINTS in Baton Rouge next week. :lol: :fh:

cnc66
10-24-2005, 05:13 AM
Hey Infins, I'm happy as i can be your Dad is doing well, good news indeed. Was 12:30 the last time we heard from D-Day and Fins n Canes? It is blowing good here now, continuous 40 with gusts to 55. I hope all the wast coast boys are ok. I'm sure I'll be without power and phone for awhile so not to worry when I'm gone, I'll see you in a few days.

FinsNCanes
10-24-2005, 03:37 PM
Told you it'd be a weak ***** :evil:

Atleast here in Ft Myers it wasn't to bad.

cnc66
10-24-2005, 10:10 PM
well, it wasn't a sissy here, we got the entire north and north west eyewall. I now have had my fourth "eye" experiance. Power just came back up, I've been napping for about two hours and all the lights and ac came on. After what we saw today I am very impressed by FPL.

mor911
10-24-2005, 10:24 PM
Told you it'd be a weak ***** :evil:

Atleast here in Ft Myers it wasn't to bad.
Definitely wasn't weak here in North Lauderdale.... Freaking place is ripped apart and flooded.

cnc66
10-24-2005, 10:32 PM
how did your crib do Mor? still got a roof ?

mor911
10-24-2005, 10:41 PM
how did your crib do Mor? still got a roof ?
Still at work man :(

We won't go home until the place is set for the regular employees to come in... That could be days. Pretty sure they'll let us go home for a little while tomorrow to check out our homes. Damn hurricane team.... Good bonus check though. Mor's pretty certain that his bedroom and windows are ruined.

Seen places on the news in Mor's area that was in much better shape than Mor's place that got torn apart.

cnc66
10-24-2005, 10:47 PM
I hope you find things ok when you get home. I would be suffering tremendous anxiety not knowing about my home. I am stunned that I have power back already, I shut the generator down with pleasure. I'll tell ya Mor, it was an experiance of a lifetime watching the storm blow across Indian River, I'll never forget it.

Fin Fan in Cali
10-24-2005, 11:05 PM
Still at work man :(

We won't go home until the place is set for the regular employees to come in... That could be days. Pretty sure they'll let us go home for a little while tomorrow to check out our homes. Damn hurricane team.... Good bonus check though. Mor's pretty certain that his bedroom and windows are ruined.

Seen places on the news in Mor's area that was in much better shape than Mor's place that got torn apart.Mor here is for hoping for the best for you bro!;)

unifiedtheory
10-25-2005, 12:05 AM
Damn...stay freaking safe!

FinsNCanes
10-25-2005, 11:49 AM
I heard Naples was flooded.

Also lots of people without power. Suprisingly enough though I still have power. I didn't notice though I lost a banana tree and another one. Time to bring out the SawWwWw!

inFINSible
10-25-2005, 12:20 PM
It blew pretty fierce here yesterday morning between 7:00 and 10:00 that's when the backside of the storm came through....it was much worse than the frontside.....as a matter of fact when I woke up at 7:00 there were no trees down at all but after that is when all hell broke loose....by the time it was over I had one tree down and some biiig branches off of the others.....got a giant pile of brush all the way across my frontage.....Power just came back on here....12:00 noon.....alls good...been clearing trees and branches out of the yard yesterday and today....that's all finished now...:D

Thanks for all your good wishes guys...they worked like a charm!! :woot:

inFINSible
10-25-2005, 12:21 PM
I heard Naples was flooded.

Also lots of people without power. Suprisingly enough though I still have power. I didn't notice though I lost a banana tree and another one. Time to bring out the SawWwWw!
Yeah, I haven't been downtown but, my friend Gio lives down there and they wouldn't let him any where near his house yesterday....

cnc66
10-25-2005, 12:23 PM
glad it turned out ok for you guys !!