PDA

View Full Version : How is Wilma

NLude33
10-24-2005, 10:32 AM
How are all you locals doing down there. I relize the locals that stayed may not have power right now, but I thought you southerners could give us an update. Stay safe all, and good luck, all us Finheaven members are thinking of all effected by these storms.

Talos
10-24-2005, 02:07 PM
I'm actually in Fort Lauderdale. No one around here has power. There's trees down everywhere and all of Fort Lauderdale is without running water.

Supposedly worst storm in half a century.

Right now 3.2 million without power,

NLude33
10-24-2005, 02:16 PM
Really, that bad huh? I am sorry to here that. Hope maybe when it's over, it's not as bad as it seems.

spydertl79
10-24-2005, 02:59 PM
Im up by tampa, we have BEAUTIFUL weather. I'm going to play golf here in a few minutes.

mor911
10-24-2005, 03:11 PM
This sucks. The Mor (like Talos) is on the hurricane team here at work. We sleep here and keep the place running through the hurricane. The storm has died down, but judging by how this area was hit, the Mor trhinks his house might be hosed. Don't what to expect at home... Guess Mor'll see later.

FinsNCanes
10-24-2005, 03:35 PM
Ft Myers..

Couple trees down..nothing to bad. Nice weather out today.

Buddwalk
10-24-2005, 03:48 PM
This sucks. The Mor (like Talos) is on the hurricane team here at work. We sleep here and keep the place running through the hurricane. The storm has died down, but judging by how this area was hit, the Mor trhinks his house might be hosed. Don't what to expect at home... Guess Mor'll see later.

I wish the best of luck to you mor...hopefully you didnt get it bad

NLude33
10-24-2005, 04:01 PM

Where is your house at Mor? Good luck.

King Nate
10-24-2005, 04:42 PM
:(

I wish the best for you guys!

WharfRat
10-24-2005, 04:58 PM
Sending down thoughts and prayers from NJ too.... hope nobody got hit too bad....

NJFINSFAN1
10-24-2005, 07:12 PM
Sending down thoughts and prayers from NJ too.... hope nobody got hit too bad....

Same from me!

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

FIN-IN-RI
10-24-2005, 07:39 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

:groucho:

Seriously though.. all the best guys and my thoughts are with you.

Roman529
10-24-2005, 08:03 PM
Hope you guys in Florida are ok....I know football is kind of secondary when you are worrying about your house and everything else....stay safe and hope you guys are all ok.

mor911
10-24-2005, 08:15 PM
Well.. Update time. Broward and Palm Beach countys have a cerfew of 7:30pm now. Police will be stopping and questioning people caught out doors. Guess it's to prevent looting.

The Mor called a friend that lives in his area... Heard that Mor's neighbor hood took a pretty good beat-down :(

Mor's on the hurricane team here at work, so he hasn't been home yet. Mor has no idea who won what football games yesterday. :( Guess tomorrow morning Mor will see how bad his place is.

NJFINSFAN1
10-24-2005, 08:16 PM
Well.. Update time. Broward and Palm Beach countys have a cerfew of 7:30pm now. Police will be stopping and questioning people caught out doors. Guess it's to prevent looting.

The Mor called a friend that lives in his area... Heard that Mor's neighbor hood took a pretty good beat-down :(

Mor's on the hurricane team here at work, so he hasn't been home yet. Mor has no idea who won what football games yesterday. :( Guess tomorrow morning Mor will see how bad his place is.

On the lighter side, you car should feel at home in the water!:rolleyes:

Nappy Roots
10-24-2005, 08:38 PM
im about 50 miles south of Tampa, and we had beautiful blue skys and a nice chilly wind.

Mor....i wish ya the best man...good luck!

TerryTate
10-24-2005, 08:56 PM
My hometown got messed up :(

Coral Springs....trees down everywhere, most of broward county out of power, etc...car winshields shattered by basketball hoops on my street.

mor911
10-24-2005, 09:06 PM
My hometown got messed up :(

Coral Springs....trees down everywhere, most of broward county out of power, etc...car winshields shattered by basketball hoops on my street.
Mor lives in Coral Springs :cry:

NaboCane
10-24-2005, 09:25 PM
Miami got messed up. My parent's house near the airport is ok, some minor damage. Flooding is bad, power out.

But everyone is OK, thank God.

Anyone know if the airport is open?

NLude33
10-25-2005, 10:12 AM

Anything on your house Mor? How bad is it?

Talos
10-25-2005, 10:43 AM
The Mor is unsure how his house is (he's sleeping right now). He's probably going to get a chance to go check it out either later today or early tomorrow.

An office full of people is not fun without running water.

It could of course be much worse, and hopefully everyone is ok.

mor911
10-25-2005, 01:59 PM
Update time!

The Mor went home, and thank god his place is in tact. There is minimal damage to the screens, and windows. There was no water leakage into the house!

Now the bad news. A tree landed on Sebulba. It's not totalled or anything, but Mor will need a new hood. Mor finally took a fresh shower and is back to work.

Thank you all for all of your support. You guys (and gals) all rule!

Nappy Roots
10-25-2005, 02:00 PM
Update time!

The Mor went home, and thank god his place is in tact. There is minimal damage to the screens, and windows. There was no water leakage into the house!

Now the bad news. A tree landed on Sebulba. It's not totalled or anything, but Mor will need a new hood. Mor finally took a fresh shower and is back to work.

:clap: sweet. im glad everything is cool!!!http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Buddwalk
10-25-2005, 02:01 PM
Update time!

Damn Sebulba has taken a beating the last couple days. Congrats on the shower :lol:

NLude33
10-25-2005, 02:41 PM
You should rename your car Timex!

Takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'

Nappy Roots
10-25-2005, 02:44 PM
You should rename your car Timex!

Takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'

cute

King Nate
10-25-2005, 03:16 PM
Not a good week for Sebulba.

Glad to hear that your house was ok, Mor!

Fin Fan in Cali
10-25-2005, 03:20 PM
Update time!

Thank you all for all of your support. You guys (and gals) all rule!Glad to hear that everything with your place is okay. ;)

NJFINSFAN1
10-25-2005, 03:22 PM
Update time!

Sell that car! Its a magnet for trouble!

NaboCane
10-25-2005, 03:25 PM
Update time!

Poor Sebulba. Bad week.

_dan24
10-25-2005, 03:41 PM
How are all you locals doing down there. I relize the locals that stayed may not have power right now, but I thought you southerners could give us an update. Stay safe all, and good luck, all us Finheaven members are thinking of all effected by these storms.

She went right over us here in Naples... We do not have power yet, but our office does... strange...

For those who were affected here's some news from FPL.

http://www.fpl.com/news/2005/contents/05167.shtml

http://www.fpl.com/news/2005/contents/05171.shtml

I hope everyone made out ok! We have a lot of trees down over here, nothing too crazy.

cnc66
10-25-2005, 03:46 PM
cute
hahaha, before your time?

phins17
10-25-2005, 08:21 PM
Anyone know if the airport is open?

Nabo the Airport opened this afternoon.

RWhitney014
10-26-2005, 07:45 PM

As do I, and it ain't pretty. I spent the day in Vero getting gas and supplies and the power came back. I don't know where you are, Mor, but Heron Bay is up and running. I'm in the south part of Coral Springs and my neighborhood got it, possibly because there's a fire station right across the street.

d-day
10-26-2005, 08:16 PM
i still have friends and relatives w/out power here in ft myers - my work just got power today - i got everything back yesterday - i watched half a roof fly off right across the street from me - it was early in the morning and still dark when the worst hit - the back end of the storm was intense - i'm just glad my friends and family and everyone here at f.h. is for the most part o.k. :)

cnc66
10-26-2005, 08:27 PM
I'm glad you fared well D-Day. The backside kicked butt over here too, and it was cold.

d-day
10-26-2005, 08:36 PM
I'm glad you fared well D-Day. The backside kicked butt over here too, and it was cold.

thanx cnc :) - not quite sure where your town lies in conjunction with mine - can you link me...?

RWhitney014
10-27-2005, 12:14 AM
Broward and Dade parts might not get power back until November 15.

welderpat
10-27-2005, 06:08 PM
Wilma had me living like the Flintstones :rofl3: :rofl3:

Nappy Roots
10-27-2005, 06:45 PM
hahaha, before your time?

:rofl3:

nah im just messin with ya