PDA

View Full Version : Horrible day!

Quelonio
10-25-2005, 05:26 PM
Just for venting, I was shooting my thesis film this weekend, and just yesterday night the location owne decided that he no longer wanted to allow us to shoot there, so after scrambling for a day to find a new location, we are now forced to postpone the fim, and I don't know when to shoot it, and I am probably going to loose a lot of crew and cast. with this. Damn, with all this I am also going to loose a lot of money. I'm so damn screwed.

Buddwalk
10-25-2005, 05:27 PM
Just for venting, I was shooting my thesis film this weekend, and just yesterday night the location owne decided that he no longer wanted to allow us to shoot there, so after scrambling for a day to find a new location, we are now forced to postpone the fim, and I don't know when to shoot it, and I am probably going to loose a lot of crew and cast. with this. Damn, with all this I am also going to loose a lot of money. I'm so damn screwed.

shoot it in your house?

UltraDol-Fan
10-25-2005, 05:37 PM
man, sorry to hear that. It always sucks when someone else screws you over like that. out of curiosity, what is it going to be about?

Roman529
10-25-2005, 05:42 PM
Yeah what kind of movie you making?? You going to be the
next Sergio Leone!!! (The Director of the spaghetti westerns). :)

NaboCane
How long does it have to be? You might consider shooting it all in interiors.

I don't know what your concept is for this film, but I always like when a director gives me one continuous shot - one camera, no cutaways - like the scene with Marcellas and Butch in Pulp Fiction, or like Woody Allen does in so many of his films. Especially when Woody has the actors in and out of the frame, continuously conversing off-camera as well as on.

You could shoot a whole film like that, and your location issues would shrink to (maybe) nothing.

What do you think your professor would think of that?

Quelonio
shoot it in your house?

I can't I live in a college dorm, they don't let us shoot in our rooms, and they all look like dorms, and we can't bring in furniture to make it look like it were an actual place.

It is about a young man who discoveres at this point of his life that he is attracted to children, and his mother asks him to stay at home and babysit his cousin, and all the conflict that it entails.

Quelonio
10-25-2005, 05:45 PM
How long does it have to be? You might consider shooting it all in interiors.

I don't know what your concept is for this film, but I always like when a director gives me one continuous shot - one camera, no cutaways - like the scene with Marcellas and Butch in Pulp Fiction, or like Woody Allen does in so many of his films. Especially when Woody has the actors in and out of the frame, continuously conversing off-camera as well as on.

You could shoot a whole film like that, and your location issues would shrink to (maybe) nothing.

What do you think your professor would think of that?

We actually got a lot of one shot scenes, and it is all in interiors, but landlords get uneasy about how much damage stands and stuff like that can do to an apartment, and it is also a group of like 20 people living at your apartment for four days. so that is always kind of a problem. The problem is that the guy had said yes, and then decided against that. Which sucks since that means that we were counting on it, and now we are left hanging.

ether79
10-25-2005, 05:46 PM
I can't I live in a college dorm, they don't let us shoot in our rooms, and they all look like dorms, and we can't bring in furniture to make it look like it were an actual place.

It is about a young man who discoveres at this point of his life that he is attracted to children, and his mother asks him to stay at home and babysit his cousin, and all the conflict that it entails.

Maybe a hotel suite?

WharfRat
10-25-2005, 05:49 PM
Maybe a hotel suite?

I was about to suggest the same thing...

ILPhinFan88
10-25-2005, 06:15 PM

That's some deep stuff........ hope everything works out for you.

Quelonio
10-25-2005, 07:32 PM
There is some kind of law in NYC about how many people you can put inside a hotel room. So that would be a problem