PDA

View Full Version : Taxpayers due millions in unclaimed refunds

BAMAPHIN 22
10-25-2005, 08:04 PM
Thousands of people have money sitting at the Internal Revenue Service that could be claimed if they would just tell the tax collectors where they live.

The IRS said Tuesday that $73 million in tax refunds that were sent to taxpayers this year did not reach the destination. In most cases, the post office returned the checks as undeliverable because the taxpayers had moved.

The money belongs to more than 84,000 taxpayers, some of whom have more than one check waiting to be claimed.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9818204/

Timmy54
10-25-2005, 08:41 PM
now i dont know about everyone else, but i wait on my check evey year so i would know if it never got delivered!

ILPhinFan88
10-25-2005, 08:59 PM
now i dont know about everyone else, but i wait on my check evey year so i would know if it never got delivered!

Same here, it usually pays for our vacation. Next year we are going to Mt. Rushmore during 4th of July.

NLude33
10-26-2005, 10:41 AM
Same here, it usually pays for our vacation. Next year we are going to Mt. Rushmore during 4th of July.

Wow, desperate for a vactation huh?

I have been to Mt. Rushmore like 5 times, and it is pretty boring. You look at it the first time, and you are in awe. Then, it is like OK, what do we do now. Then you relize you are like 100 miles for a town with more than 20,000 people, and that city is in SOUTH DAKOTA! Have fun, but hopefully seeing the Rush is just a stop on your way to something better.

P.S. Fireworks are cool there, I have seen them on the 4th! So you are picking a good time to go....but you better spend the WHOLE day there, or the people will drive you nuts. There are litterally thousands and thousands of people for a place built to accomidate not that many.

ILPhinFan88
10-26-2005, 10:49 AM
Wow, desperate for a vactation huh?

I have been to Mt. Rushmore like 5 times, and it is pretty boring. You look at it the first time, and you are in awe. Then, it is like OK, what do we do now. Then you relize you are like 100 miles for a town with more than 20,000 people, and that city is in SOUTH DAKOTA! Have fun, but hopefully seeing the Rush is just a stop on your way to something better.

P.S. Fireworks are cool there, I have seen them on the 4th! So you are picking a good time to go....but you better spend the WHOLE day there, or the people will drive you nuts. There are litterally thousands and thousands of people for a place built to accomidate not that many.

It's just something I'd like my daughters to see. We are gonna hit alot of the outdoors stuff. Devils tower, the crazy horse memorial, and dont forget the Corn Palace.

Slappy8800
10-26-2005, 02:23 PM
OMg this year almost sucked....i called the IRS and they said my check was mailed out a month ago...i hadnt gotten it..so i go awy to Hartford for the weekend and i get a call from my sister...she found my check in the dirt in front of my house....all wet and Effed up from the rain....i wanted to kill the mailman..700 dollar check almost lost

ohall
10-26-2005, 02:26 PM
Direct deposite ppl!