PDA

View Full Version : George Clooney considered killing himself

BAMAPHIN 22
10-25-2005, 08:16 PM
George Clooney says he considered killing himself because the pain from a movie injury was so great.

The actor’s woes came from the filming of “Syriana,” a political thriller based on the memoirs of ex-CIA agent Robert Baer.

“There was this scene where I was taped to a chair and getting beaten up and we did quite a few takes. The chair was kicked over and I hit my head,” Clooney said in an interview on National Public Radio. “I tore my dura, which is the wrap around my spine which holds in spinal fluid.” Clooney says part of the problem was that he’d put on weight for the role.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9546086/

Muck
10-25-2005, 08:20 PM
Damn, that's pretty rough. Pretty bad year for him. Clooney is one of my favorites.

Despite the agony he was in, Clooney ruled out taking painkillers because there’s a history of addiction in his family, but the pain got so great, that he considered suicide. Clooney’s complaints were dismissed until spinal fluid started leaking from his nose. He has since had numerous operations.

Prime
10-25-2005, 08:35 PM
I am sure at somepoint that many of us thought about killing ourselves. I know that I have before. I am glad that we didn't.

Buddwalk
10-25-2005, 08:51 PM
I am sure at somepoint that many of us thought about killing ourselves. I know that I have before. I am glad that we didn't.

As have I...I think about it most when im high and its coming to a close :lol:

Dolfan5000
10-25-2005, 10:17 PM
I bet when "most of us" considered it we didn't have spinal fluid leaking from our noses.

NaboCane
10-25-2005, 11:18 PM
Despite the agony he was in, Clooney ruled out taking painkillers because there’s a history of addiction in his family, but the pain got so great, that he considered suicide. Clooney’s complaints were dismissed until spinal fluid started leaking from his nose. He has since had numerous operations.

Been there, believe it or not. After a "routine" sinus surgery a few years ago, a complication arose in which a small hole opened into my brain pan. I was in the hospital for three days after emergency surgery with a spinal tap inserted - it was, hands down, the most torturous thing I've been through, and that covers a good bit of ground.

kastofsna120
10-26-2005, 12:10 AM
i thought he would've considered suicide after that batman movie (god knows i did)

Nappy Roots
10-26-2005, 12:12 AM
i thought he would've considered suicide after that batman movie (god knows i did)

:rofl3: :rofl3: