PDA

View Full Version : GTA: Liberty City Stories for PSP...AWESOME!!!

Miami 13
10-25-2005, 09:46 PM
I got this game when I got out of school today and have been playing it all day on my PSP, it is one of the best games I have ever played, and easily the best handheld game ever, if you have a PSP this is a 100% no-brainer to get, and if you don't have a PSP this game should make you get one, I mean it's GTA on the go! What more do you want?

arsenal
10-26-2005, 12:46 PM
i want that ****, damn i need me a psp... ima get one soon

Motion
10-26-2005, 01:10 PM
Game does look great. I'm hoping they make something amazing for the PS3.

Agent51
10-26-2005, 05:26 PM
I got this game when I got out of school today and have been playing it all day on my PSP, it is one of the best games I have ever played, and easily the best handheld game ever, if you have a PSP this is a 100% no-brainer to get, and if you don't have a PSP this game should make you get one, I mean it's GTA on the go! What more do you want?

Haven't read much on it, is it a whole new GTA or just a re-issue of a previous version with some added stuff? My friend is offering me his PSP, the hard, silver case, 4 games and 4 movies for $300. I NEVER play handheld games, but I do have a 17hr flight coming up for a surf trip I'm taking and some GTA would definatley help pass the time.

Motion
10-26-2005, 05:50 PM
Haven't read much on it, is it a whole new GTA or just a re-issue of a previous version with some added stuff? My friend is offering me his PSP, the hard, silver case, 4 games and 4 movies for $300. I NEVER play handheld games, but I do have a 17hr flight coming up for a surf trip I'm taking and some GTA would definatley help pass the time.

Thats a sweet deal. GTA:Liberty City Stories is an exclusive PSP title, completely new, only for PSP.

Miami 13
10-27-2005, 08:41 PM
GTA: LCS takes place in Liberty City in 1998 where as GTA III took place in Liberty City in 2001, It's basically the same landscape with some new stuff since it takes place 3 years earlier like some construction sites have been added and some removed. But it is a whole new storyline with TONS of side missions and other stuff, I completed the story missions earlier today and that was only 40% of the game. And you play as Toni Cipriani.

Caps
10-28-2005, 08:39 AM
I preordered this game months ago, but I still can't get it because of Wilma. All of the EB Games have been closed, I NEED to find a place to get this game. GTA is the best videogame series ever.

arsenal
10-28-2005, 09:51 AM
everyone with a psp have you had any problems with it? dead pixels or other things? and whats this browser upgrade tihng so you can go online and ****, this true?

Caps
10-28-2005, 12:23 PM
everyone with a psp have you had any problems with it? dead pixels or other things? and whats this browser upgrade tihng so you can go online and ****, this true?

I haven't had problems. And if you go to a wifi spot, you can go online with it.

ScottishFin
10-28-2005, 05:08 PM
You lucky *******s , they delayed the release here for 1 week :(

May need to get one imported so i can have it on tues :D

mor911
11-21-2005, 11:46 AM
The Mor's a little late on this, but here it goes.

The Mor has always been a little less than impressed with the PSP. There has never been a game for the PSP that has made the proud to be a PSP owner... Until I bought GTA: Liberty City Stories. This game is down right jaw-dropping. It looks excellent, and plays great. Visually, this game is just about on par with GTA3 for the PS2. Game play wise The Mor can only discribe the game with one word... WOW!

Graphics: Easily the best thing The Mor has seen on the PSP thus far. Besides a little bit of slow down when the screen is filled, it's just a tad below PS2 standards. Until this game came out, The Castlevania game for the DS was the best looking hand game in The Mor's honest opinion.

Controls: The controls for GTA: LCS takes a little getting used to. The analog (if that's what you want to call it) is something The Mor has never been a fan of... One might even say that the Mor doesn't like the analog stick... But this game some how pulls it off. Maybe it's because there is no way to change the controls to use the d-pad... All of the buttons are well placed for full functionality, and even the d-pad is fully mapped out. The biggest issue with controls is the camera control. To keep it simple, there are none. The camera will do it's own thing. There's no second analog stick to control cameras... So you have to hold L and swing it around. Minor complaint but I'll take it.

Sounds: As with previous GTA titles, the soundtrack is funny, cool, and huge. The characters are all voiced, and the effects are great. The Mor loves it.

Overall: Buy this game if you own a PSP. IT's no San Andreas, but what do you expect from a hand held. Besides the new Castlevania for the DS, this is The Mor's favorite handhald title. Good job Rockstar.

Score: 9.1 of 10