PDA

View Full Version : Online Franchise for PS2, are you interested???

Predaphin
10-26-2005, 08:26 PM
Hey guys, I was thinking....how many of you would like to join a franchise online for PS2???

We could have Training camps, pre-season, trades, FA signings, trade blocks, drafts, team news, deadlines and everything else that comes with the franchise....I am currently involved in an online franchise league and it's going great....

They have rules though like a 48 Hour matching period for any FA signings....this gives someone else a 48 hr time frame to match your offer....

We can also set up rules, like for example....you cannot sign a FA just to trade him for picks....we all know how easy it can be to ripp off the cpu...but we can bring up the rules later, if we decide to start one....

Although I doubt we could get 32 owners to join on here, we can do it with 3 or 4 owners and play the CPU or play each other as the opponents...

Anyway, let me know....if we get enough people to join then we can start one....the only thing is, you have to be active....the person holding the main Franchise file will need to update the franchise after every weekly game has been played....

this means if we get 32 owners we could be looking at a pace of 1 game per week, just like the real NFL....or we can always sim that persons game since it's a franchise :D

Anyway, let me know....

If no one wants to join one, then could I get some volunteers to play me in my franchise....i'm tired of beating the cpu. :lol: :D

TheAnswer385
10-26-2005, 08:42 PM
you can do that???? if so im in

HugeFinFan
10-26-2005, 10:35 PM
Preda count me in, Sounds like a real blast ;)

Buddwalk
10-26-2005, 11:09 PM
sick new sig preda :D

Sorry i got xbox

banzaitrey
10-26-2005, 11:09 PM
Hey I saw you have joined the xmfl...I am trying to get into that league you told me about as the Panthers...If you would like to do a league like that I could help you out with setting it up and rules and all of that good stuff...

Predaphin
10-27-2005, 12:32 PM
you can do that???? if so im in

you can definetly do that...only thing is we have to try and get as many people as possible to make it competitive...you can even do it with 2 owners, however, that would be no different then playing your own franchise at home, cause you'd be playing vs the computer most of the time...(unless you have the other owner play as your opponent...you will also need enough space on your memory card to save the franchise....everyone will be able to see the franchise's progress offline...And the good thing about it, is that you don't need to write down stats, as the stats are automatically saved in the franchise....

Predaphin
10-27-2005, 12:37 PM
sick new sig preda :D

Sorry i got xbox

thanks to DM

Predaphin
10-27-2005, 12:38 PM
Preda count me in, Sounds like a real blast ;)

alright cool...

Predaphin
10-27-2005, 12:51 PM
Hey I saw you have joined the xmfl...I am trying to get into that league you told me about as the Panthers...If you would like to do a league like that I could help you out with setting it up and rules and all of that good stuff...

Hey Trey, whats up....yeah, i did join, although i'm not sure i'm going to stick around, that league seems kinda dead....and it's just taking up space on my memory card....

That's why i decided to ask you guys here and hopefully start one here...(who better than my fellow finfans :D )...

I would appreciate your help...you can definetly set up the rules...but first let's get as many owners as we could...so far there are 4 of us...

The only thing we're going to need is a forum, ... we need a forum where we can post Trade Blocks, FA signings, cuts, trades, etc. etc,.....

Another thing is, we will start with the regular rosters....(I say this because you can also start off with a fantasy draft and start your franchise that way), but in our franchise we would start off with regular rosters....

Let me know what you guys think....I'm open to any suggestiopns or help...this would be the first time i'd be handling the franchise...so you guys are going to need to help me...

Trey, work on setting up the rules...All others that would like to join, keep signing up here...

Lets try and open up the franchise this weekend....another good thing about it is, that new owners can join at any point during the franchise....but let's also set up a rule that you cannot switch teams till the season is over....the team you get will be the team you stick with....

I will also draw names to see who picks their teams first....

JTalorite
10-27-2005, 02:26 PM
count me in

Amars
10-27-2005, 03:38 PM
im in.

Predaphin
10-27-2005, 05:55 PM
6 of us so far....

patinthehat
10-29-2005, 03:02 AM
count me in bro.

mee
10-31-2005, 08:11 PM
I'm in. But you know about the supposed spawn game error right? Apparently after so many spawn game merges it starts failing. Might be easier to figure out a good way to do it around that glitch.

Predaphin
10-31-2005, 08:33 PM
Guys, i was reading into the spawn error....It's not looking good....It just hit the franchise league i was in, and apperantley, the commish is trying to work around it....

We can proceed, but i think eventually we will get hit with it....

What I will do, is always keep a copy of the franchise at least a week prior to the current week....this way, if possible we will sim through the error....I will also check how much memory card space i have left....Jtal;orite has said he would gladly keep a copy of the file for me.....let's see how it goes.

GatorFinFan
10-31-2005, 08:34 PM
count me in!

Predaphin
10-31-2005, 08:41 PM

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?p=1684084#post1684084

Also, please make sure you rtead the latest news!!!