PDA

View Full Version : Who is the best guitarist of the last 25 years?

Buddwalk
10-28-2005, 04:30 PM
who is the best guitarist of the last 25 years? ;)

You should all know who i chose

Dolphin1184
10-28-2005, 04:49 PM
Buddawalk. :D

Pagan
10-28-2005, 04:54 PM
Too many great ones to just pick one.

Buddwalk
10-28-2005, 04:56 PM
Buddawalk. :D

:yes:

j/k

WharfRat
10-28-2005, 05:02 PM
Too many great ones to just pick one.

:yeahthat:

Notice that all the choices are from the same genre....

there are other great guitarists that play/played a different type of music...

Robert Johnson... Les Paul.... Carlos Santana... Ottmar Leibert....Andres Segovia .... Eric Clapton ....

The list goes on and on......

Quelonio
10-28-2005, 05:02 PM
Sorry to say you should have specified who is the best Heavy metal guitarist of the last 25 years. Last time I checked Vaughan played during the 80's which makes him be inside the time period. And what andy summers has done after the police, should put him in there. Not only Metal guitarrists are good guitarrists, I know that the style makes them have to show off their pretty amazing skills, but they are not the only ones.

(and pardon me, but Slash should not even be mentioned anywhere)

nolefin
10-28-2005, 09:46 PM
van halen

finswin56
10-28-2005, 10:03 PM
Where's Fin Fan in Cali?
He'd be raising Hell about the absense of Stevie Ray Vaughan.
That's where my vote goes.

Buddwalk
10-28-2005, 11:02 PM
I said last 25 years ;)

dolfan_101
10-28-2005, 11:03 PM
Eddie Van Halen

finswin56
10-29-2005, 12:42 AM
I said last 25 years ;)

He only died 15-16 years ago, and in his prime :fire::cry:

PHINATIC13
10-29-2005, 12:53 AM
Joe Satrianni isn't chopped liver.

Check this out
http://www.ronaldreagan.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=002256;p= 1

EC is pretty good as well(I know 25 yrs, maybe not at his best)

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Buddwalk
10-29-2005, 11:00 AM
He only died 15-16 years ago, and in his prime :fire::cry:

Then click the other button...Im a big vaughn fan but i really meant that they became big in the last 25 years. Vaughn was shredding it up before the 80s my friend

Megatron
10-29-2005, 11:53 AM
who is the best guitarist of the last 25 years? ;)

You should all know who i chose Best rock guitarist you mean, look at that list of wind machine powered guitar wankers.:lol:

Buddwalk
10-29-2005, 12:08 PM
Best rock guitarist you mean, look at that list of wind machine powered guitar wankers.:lol:

True but Randy Rhoads...my god not enough i can say about him infact just watch this video and it should be enough

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7100691301126979701&q=randy+rhoads

Pagan
10-29-2005, 03:16 PM
Then click the other button...Im a big vaughn fan but i really meant that they became big in the last 25 years. Vaughn was shredding it up before the 80s my friend
Can't be too big of a Stevie Ray fan if you don't know that he didn't start getting big until '83.

He appeared on two releases before then - both in the EARLY 70's - and none were full-length, so sorry Budd but you're dead wrong.

Buddwalk
10-29-2005, 03:19 PM
Can't be too big of a Stevie Ray fan if you don't know that he didn't start getting big until '83.

He appeared on two releases before then - both in the EARLY 70's - and none were full-length, so sorry Budd but you're dead wrong.

Im a fan of his guitar playing but i dont own any thing of his...It was more of an asumption what he did was in the late 70s, but hell im wrong i'll admit it. Thats why i put an other button there this time ;)

GreenMonster
10-29-2005, 03:30 PM
True but Randy Rhoads...my god not enough i can say about him infact just watch this video and it should be enough

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7100691301126979701&q=randy+rhoads

Great vid Budd, I wish I knew more about music so I could appreciate it more..

Fin Fan in Cali
10-30-2005, 11:44 PM
I said last 25 years ;) I understand the last 25 years, however greatness should never be excluded or forgotten off the list! He is one of the greatest guitarist to ever live!:beerbang: SRV was, and is still the man to many of us!;)

Buddwalk
10-30-2005, 11:46 PM
I understand the last 25 years, however greatness should never be excluded or forgotten off the list! He is one of the greatest guitarist to ever live!:beerbang: SRV was, and is still the man to many of us!;)

Hell yeah i agree with ya...but hell lists are always stupid no matter what. Dont need a list to say SRV was one of the greatest he just purely was, but im a rhoads fan...:yes: and i feel in my mind he was the greatest thing to touch a 6 string guitar

Fin Fan in Cali
10-30-2005, 11:53 PM
Hell yeah i agree with ya...but hell lists are always stupid no matter what. Dont need a list to say SRV was one of the greatest he just purely was, but im a rhoads fan...:yes: and i feel in my mind he was the greatest thing to touch a 6 string guitarI will meet you have the way bro, I like Rhodes's playing as well. Both could be in a top 5 grouping. Guitar players say today, that they can play like Stevie but for only 10 minutes at the most, and there hands start hurting, and he did that style like no other for many hours a night!:guitar: :beerbang:

Buddwalk
10-31-2005, 12:04 AM
I will meet you have the way bro, I like Rhodes's playing as well. Both could be in a top 5 grouping. Guitar players say today, that they can play like Stevie but for only 10 minutes at the most, and there hands start hurting, and he did that style like no other for many hours a night!:guitar: :beerbang:

Thats the thing people can play like stevie for 10 minutes which is outstanding cause the guys a god imo...but no one can play like randy for even a milisecond my friend. You know ozzys afraid to even go to that tribute thing for rhoads, he gets a real bad vibe everytime hes even near it and has admitted numerous times that was the best guitarist he ever saw. That really means nothing from a crackhead voice effect stoner like ozzy, but its still coming from the prince of darkness. ;)

Pagan
10-31-2005, 08:02 AM
Thats the thing people can play like stevie for 10 minutes which is outstanding cause the guys a god imo...but no one can play like randy for even a milisecond my friend.
Oh yea they can. ;)

My guitarist was in an Ozzy tribute about 17 years ago. Played Randy note for note. I know, I used to go watch them. :lol:

Buddwalk
10-31-2005, 08:16 AM
Oh yea they can. ;)

My guitarist was in an Ozzy tribute about 17 years ago. Played Randy note for note. I know, I used to go watch them. :lol:

Again pagan you most of all should know people can mimic stuff but i doubt anyone can put as much emotion into his stuff as randy did. That being said note for note yes, emotion no. Randy was a one of a kind unique guitarist none like no other, Stevie was too. ;)

Pagan
10-31-2005, 10:39 AM
Again pagan you most of all should know people can mimic stuff but i doubt anyone can put as much emotion into his stuff as randy did. That being said note for note yes, emotion no. Randy was a one of a kind unique guitarist none like no other, Stevie was too. ;)
:lol: Budd, I Love when you try to preach to me about guitar playing. ;) Keep in mind, I've been playing since 11 years before you were born, remember? :lol:

I agree with you, Randy did play with alot of emotion, but slow your roll. I know he's your favorite guitarist, but to say you doubt anyone can play with as much emotion is REALLY ignorant, bro!

Clapton for one comes to mind as someone who played with INCREDIBLE emotion. BB King comes to mind also. There are MANY guitarists who play with as much or more emotion.

I've said this before, this whole "Who's the greatest guitarist?" topic is f'ing ridiculous. You can't say one is the best. There's just too many phenominal players out there.

You ask who everyone thinks is the best, then you counter everyone's opinion to tell them that they're wrong and that it's Randy. Why not start a thread that just says "Randy Rhoads is the best guitarist"? ;)

Prakk
10-31-2005, 10:43 AM
The only guitarist on the list that I could remotely agree with is Eddie Van Halen. I picked "other" however. Why isn't Mark Knopfler on the list for instance?

Quelonio
10-31-2005, 01:20 PM
The only guitarist on the list that I could remotely agree with is Eddie Van Halen. I picked "other" however. Why isn't Mark Knopfler on the list for instance?

I always liked Mark Knolpffer, I think he is heavily underrated, just cuz he does not go horribly fast. But he got a very nice style.

WharfRat
10-31-2005, 01:34 PM
I always liked Mark Knolpffer, I think he is heavily underrated, just cuz he does not go horribly fast. But he got a very nice style.

Agreed!
He's one of the many underappreciated guitarists that are unrecognized simply because they aren't "flashy"

Buddwalk
10-31-2005, 09:56 PM
Underated guitarists

1. Brian May
2. Joe Perry
3. Angus Young

Fin Fan in Cali
10-31-2005, 10:03 PM
Underated guitarists

1. Brian May
2. Joe Perry
3. Angus YoungAgreed:)

NJFINSFAN1
11-01-2005, 03:48 PM
Kenny Wayne Sheppard!

WharfRat
11-01-2005, 04:08 PM
Kenny Wayne Sheppard!

Him Too!

also that kid named Johnny Lang ... plays in the same style as Stevie Ray...

NJFINSFAN1
11-01-2005, 04:19 PM
Him Too!

also that kid named Johnny Lang ... plays in the same style as Stevie Ray...

You really just can't name 5.

Because we all have moods we get in!:lol:

Buddwalk
11-01-2005, 04:26 PM
You really just can't name 5.

Because we all have moods we get in!:lol:

True...

Listening to Metallica "One" Awesome Song :yes:

Pagan
11-01-2005, 04:34 PM
Also underrated, Reb Beach.

NJFINSFAN1
11-01-2005, 04:36 PM
Richie Blackmore!

Pagan
11-01-2005, 04:38 PM
Richie Blackmore!
Heyall yes! I met Ritchie at a Renaissance Faire a couple of years ago. He was walking around dressed as a minstrel, playing a lute!

NO ONE had any idea who he was!!!! I about genuflected to him! :lol:

I have the pic somewhere...I have to find it!

NJFINSFAN1
11-01-2005, 04:42 PM
Heyall yes! I met Ritchie at a Renaissance Faire a couple of years ago. He was walking around dressed as a minstrel, playing a lute!

NO ONE had any idea who he was!!!! I about genuflected to him! :lol:

I have the pic somewhere...I have to find it!

He is a piece of work!

Him and Dio together was something to see!:lol:

Pagan
11-01-2005, 04:45 PM
TELL me about it!!! I was there at the Palladium when he stormed off the stage and left poor Dio to try and clam the crowd!!!

NJFINSFAN1
11-01-2005, 04:58 PM
TELL me about it!!! I was there at the Palladium when he stormed off the stage and left poor Dio to try and clam the crowd!!!

Blackmore did not like to be upstaged! It was his downfall!

Pagan
11-01-2005, 05:03 PM
I'm telling ya! Scorpions BLEW him offstage that night. Also saw him do the same thing when AC/DC opened for him!

NJFINSFAN1
11-01-2005, 05:04 PM
Another guy that is good, I love his older stuff
Zakk Wylde
He has an acoustic album that is unreal!

Buddwalk
11-01-2005, 05:13 PM
Another guy that is good, I love his older stuff
Zakk Wylde
He has an acoustic album that is unreal!

Ughh i hate coming on here to diss something but i really hate his style. Hes like ughh im zakk wylde...ughh *flex arms* wanna hear me play guitar??? ughh Pinch Harmonic.....Ughh *Flex Arms* :lol:

Ehh w/e though as a guitarists hes talented like the song Tokillya...or however its spelled he wrote on a classical guitar...kinda like spanish fly. Anyway good stuff just not a real big fan of his pinch harmonics every 3 notes

NJFINSFAN1
11-01-2005, 05:20 PM
Ughh i hate coming on here to diss something but i really hate his style. Hes like ughh im zakk wylde...ughh *flex arms* wanna hear me play guitar??? ughh Pinch Harmonic.....Ughh *Flex Arms* :lol:

Ehh w/e though as a guitarists hes talented like the song Tokillya...or however its spelled he wrote on a classical guitar...kinda like spanish fly. Anyway good stuff just not a real big fan of his pinch harmonics every 3 notes

Listen to his acoustic album, its very good. I'm not much into the Black label stuff, but his earlier southern rock style stuff was good!

Pagan
11-01-2005, 05:28 PM
He also wrote some awesome stuff for Ozzy.

NJFINSFAN1
11-01-2005, 05:33 PM

Young grasshopper (Budd) will come around!

Age makes one wiser!:lol:

I listen to so much different stuff now, I was a headbanger growing up. Still listen to all the classics, but also listen to Mike Doughty, Jack Johnson, Ben Harper etc...

Buddwalk
11-01-2005, 05:33 PM

Actually i differ on that pagan when he got with ozzy his playing decreased alot its cause in his mind he couldnt get bigger then he was from being with ozzy so there was no point. Hes all hands no heart in my opinion...Randy Rhoads >>> Zakk Wylde :yes:

Pagan
11-01-2005, 05:40 PM
Actually i differ on that pagan when he got with ozzy his playing decreased alot its cause in his mind he couldnt get bigger then he was from being with ozzy so there was no point. Hes all hands no heart in my opinion...Randy Rhoads >>> Zakk Wylde :yes:
Really? How do you know his playing decreased alot when he got with Ozzy? Seeing as he was in a New Jersey bar band before he was with Ozzy and you were probably about 3 when he did, an no one heard his stuff BEFORE Ozzy, how on earth can you say that his playing decreased when he joined Ozzy?

Aside from that, have you ever heard "No More Tears", "Perry Mason" or "Mr. Tinkertrain"?

If you say that those aren't great songs, then Budd...I don't know what to tell you. You need to seriously consider thinking more about songwriting than just being a great guitarist.

You laud Kirk Hammett's playing - even though he practically sleeps with his wah pedal, yet you dis Zakk because of his pinch harmonics.

I don't get you man....:lol:

NJFINSFAN1
11-01-2005, 05:51 PM
Really? How do you know his playing decreased alot when he got with Ozzy? Seeing as he was in a New Jersey bar band before he was with Ozzy and you were probably about 3 when he did, an no one heard his stuff BEFORE Ozzy, how on earth can you say that his playing decreased when he joined Ozzy?

Aside from that, have you ever heard "No More Tears", "Perry Mason" or "Mr. Tinkertrain"?

If you say that those aren't great songs, then Budd...I don't know what to tell you. You need to seriously consider thinking more about songwriting than just being a great guitarist.

You laud Kirk Hammett's playing - even though he practically sleeps with his wah pedal, yet you dis Zakk because of his pinch harmonics.

Your a wise old man!:lol:

WharfRat
11-01-2005, 06:02 PM
Ya know... in retrospect, I was sorta the same way as Budd when I was 16-17 years old... I was stuck on the "heavy" stuff....it wasn't until I got older that I started to really appreciate other aspects of music.... if you would have told me then, that I'd be buying jazz/blues/classical music, I would have laughed until my eyeballs bled...
I think as one grow older, your mind opens up to the plethora of incredible music/musicians that don't play heavy metal....

NJFINSFAN1
11-01-2005, 06:07 PM
Ya know... in retrospect, I was sorta the same way as Budd when I was 16-17 years old... I was stuck on the "heavy" stuff....it wasn't until I got older that I started to really appreciate other aspects of music.... if you would have told me then, that I'd be buying jazz/blues/classical music, I would have laughed until my eyeballs bled...
I think as one grow older, your mind opens up to the plethora of incredible music/musicians that don't play heavy metal....

Yep, that's what I was saying before. I listen to so much different stuff now. Jack Johnson, Ben Harper, Mike Doughty, all stuff I would never have listened to back in the 70's and 80's.

As I got older I guess like you say (your mind opens up to the plethora of incredible music/musicians that don't play heavy metal) I listen to so much more! My Ipod is a who's who in music! But I still can't listen to Rap or disco:eek: !

Buddwalk
11-01-2005, 06:10 PM

Hmm find one thread where i lauded kirk hammett...........Im not a zakk wylde fan and prob never will be as a guitarist but personally i think hes one kicka$$ dude...but thats bout it. Actually i've heard all those songs you mentioned and i wasnt really liked any of them. If i remember correct im pretty sure Zakk Wylde did some stuff before he got with ozzy which wasnt when i was 3 more like when i was 8 or 9. But w/e why always argue i'll agree with you kirk hammett wasnt a god on guitar or anything like that and he did abuse the wah pedal but he still shredded up for metallicas earliar stuff wether you like it or not ;)

No comments on Randy? :tongue:

NJFINSFAN1
11-01-2005, 06:23 PM
You can also look at Guitar groups as a whole. They may not have been the best quote on quote guitarist, but maybe the best guitar bands! (Outlaws, Boston, Skynard, Alman brothers etc...)

It's all up to the person to feel whats best!

Buddwalk
11-01-2005, 06:25 PM
You can also look at Guitar groups as a whole. They may not have been the best quote on quote guitarist, but maybe the best guitar bands! (Outlaws, Boston, Skynard, Alman brothers etc...)

;)

Perfectly Said!

WharfRat
11-01-2005, 07:06 PM

Dude!!! The Outlaws was one of the best shows I saw in the 80's!!

The "Guitar Army" ... all lined up across the stage, jammin to Green grass & High Tides for like 45 minutes....
Great show!

Quelonio
11-01-2005, 09:02 PM

I live at the palladium, they took it over and made it an NYU dorm. So I live at the palladium :lol:

NJFINSFAN1
11-01-2005, 11:07 PM
Dude!!! The Outlaws was one of the best shows I saw in the 80's!!

The "Guitar Army" ... all lined up across the stage, jammin to Green grass & High Tides for like 45 minutes....
Great show!

I saw them at the Meadowlands with Boston, Poco and Todd Rundgren.

Pagan
11-02-2005, 08:06 AM
Maiden has the "guitar army" thing going also lately. Their live sound now is amazing!

NJFINSFAN1
11-15-2005, 09:19 PM
Another one not mentioned I was listening to just now.

Michael Schenker From UFO and solo fame!

Quelonio
11-15-2005, 10:08 PM
Dicky Betts, I have always felt that the guy is underrated just because he played with Duane Allman, the truth is that if you hear some songs written after Duane's death, It sounds like the band did not really miss a beat... And even while Duane was alive, songs like In the Memory of Elizabeth Reed which is an awesome jazz guitar song where written by Betts.

I have never heard his band after the Allman Brothers Band, but basing myself on the Allman Brothers I do thing that we should be talking about him.

kastofsna120
11-15-2005, 10:16 PM
anyone that says alexi laiho can't be over the age of 14

jason becker is the best ever

Fin Fan in Cali
11-15-2005, 10:19 PM
Mr. Jimi Hendrix, and Mr. Stevie Ray Vaughan!:beerbang:

Buddwalk
11-15-2005, 10:50 PM
anyone that says alexi laiho can't be over the age of 14

jason becker is the best ever

I just put him on the list...thats why theres an other button ;)

Also why do you say that about Laiho...hes actually a really good guitarist dude...listen to Children of Bodom - Warheart [The Solo is insane :yes:]

welderpat
11-15-2005, 11:50 PM
JIMMY PAGE is to all others, what they wanted to be.
In his time he owned the industry.
He could play it slow and make you feel it "No Quarter"
Or play it fast and make you fear it "Dazed and Confused"

There is no best, it is an opinion we can argue forever!
On a side note the two most active posters on this thread are two of my favorites Budwalk and Pagan.
Keep up the good work guys
:guitar: :rockon: :guitar: :rockon:

Buddwalk
11-16-2005, 12:04 AM
JIMMY PAGE is to all others, what they wanted to be.
In his time he owned the industry.
He could play it slow and make you feel it "No Quarter"
Or play it fast and make you fear it "Dazed and Confused"

There is no best, it is an opinion we can argue forever!
On a side note the two most active posters on this thread are two of my favorites Budwalk and Pagan.
Keep up the good work guys
:guitar: :rockon: :guitar: :rockon:

:yes: You are 100% correct my friend

kastofsna120
11-16-2005, 02:16 AM
I just put him on the list...thats why theres an other button ;)

Also why do you say that about Laiho...hes actually a really good guitarist dude...listen to Children of Bodom - Warheart [The Solo is insane :yes:]
lmao bodom is one of the worst bands of all time. but they're targeted at 16 year olders and young, so it's understandable that you'd like them

Buddwalk
11-16-2005, 02:20 AM
lmao bodom is one of the worst bands of all time. but they're targeted at 16 year olders and young, so it's understandable that you'd like them

:ban: :ban: :ban:

Im serious dude im bout to explode on you, how can you say its targeted at 16 year olds when you have to be 18 to buy the cd. Let me guess your a better guitarist then alexi laiho, correct :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5369797613646711181&q=alexi+laiho

Also btw...Please intelligently explain why alexi laiho is a bad guitarist, not just giving a generic response

Pagan
11-16-2005, 08:39 AM
:ban: :ban: :ban:

Im serious dude im bout to explode on you, how can you say its targeted at 16 year olds when you have to be 18 to buy the cd. Let me guess your a better guitarist then alexi laiho, correct :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5369797613646711181&q=alexi+laiho

Also btw...Please intelligently explain why alexi laiho is a bad guitarist, not just giving a generic response
Whoa Budd...slow your roll here. Ban him for voicing his opinion? Should we have banned you when you were dissing Jimi? ;)

He's entitled to voice his opinion. You can disagree without "exploding" on him. (anger management bro, anger management. :lol: )

Haven't heard much of COB yet, so I can't comment. I'll have to downlo.....ah....aquire some and give it a listen.

Pagan
11-16-2005, 11:12 AM
This just in....Budd bro, now I don't know if I even WANT to hear anything from Children of Bodom.

This is as lame as it gets.

According to a posting on the CHILDREN OF BODOM fan site Scythes-Of-Bodom.com, a limited Japanese deluxe CD+DVD edition of CHILDREN OF BODOM's "Are You Dead Yet?" album is scheduled to be released in Japan on January 25. The content of the package is still a bit unclear, but at least the two cover songs "Talk Dirty To Me" (POISON) and "Oops I Did It Again!" (BRITNEY SPEARS) will be featured on the release.

Yikes. :lol:

Buddwalk
11-16-2005, 02:04 PM
This just in....Budd bro, now I don't know if I even WANT to hear anything from Children of Bodom.

This is as lame as it gets.

Yikes. :lol:

Yikes is right bro...but check out these songs

warheart
follow the reaper
hate me
are you dead yet

NJFINSFAN1
11-16-2005, 11:52 PM
Anyone mention Pete Townshend?

dominizzo
11-17-2005, 01:37 AM
Dave "THe Edge" Evans

U2

NJFINSFAN1
11-17-2005, 03:02 PM
No love for Michael Schenker?

Buddwalk
11-17-2005, 05:58 PM

Not a big fan of him but hes definitely talented :yes:

Pagan
11-17-2005, 06:01 PM
MUCH love for Michael! One of my guitarist's biggest influences, along with Frank Marino, Uli Jon Roth and Ritchie Blackmore. :up:

NJFINSFAN1
11-17-2005, 06:05 PM
MUCH love for Michael! One of my guitarist's biggest influences, along with Frank Marino, Uli Jon Roth and Ritchie Blackmore. :up:

We do share the same music!!!;)

Buddwalk
11-17-2005, 06:05 PM

No love for Carlos Santana?

Heres my biggest influences right now

Eric Clapton, Randy Rhoads, Jimmy Page, Carlos Santana, and Brian May ;)

FinsAreLife
11-17-2005, 06:07 PM
:yeahthat:

Notice that all the choices are from the same genre....

there are other great guitarists that play/played a different type of music...

Robert Johnson... Les Paul.... Carlos Santana... Ottmar Leibert....Andres Segovia .... Eric Clapton ....

The list goes on and on......

agreed, even tho i have not been alive for the past 25 years i still think carlos santana s a great guitarist...

Quelonio
11-17-2005, 06:07 PM
No love for Carlos Santana?

Heres my biggest influences right now

Eric Clapton, Randy Rhoads, Jimmy Page, Carlos Santana, and Brian May ;)

I have always thought that Santana was overrated, he sounds nice, but he is a bit of a one trick pony, almost all his stuff sounds very much the same to me.. He is a nice guitarrist, but I just wouldn't put him in any top ten...

Buddwalk
11-17-2005, 06:16 PM
I have always thought that Santana was overrated, he sounds nice, but he is a bit of a one trick pony, almost all his stuff sounds very much the same to me.. He is a nice guitarrist, but I just wouldn't put him in any top ten...

Hey man no need to bash its your opinion and your entitled to it. Whatever this top 10, best thing is stupid to me anymore. I made this thread when i was on drugs so it doesnt really matter cause my mind was clouding. I'm beginning to understand with the help of Dday this is no best, theres only your favorites...theres too many guitarists even to make a top 10, top 100, and hell even a top 1000. Just listen to what you enjoy and you have your own opinion on whos your favorite. ;)

Pagan
11-17-2005, 08:17 PM
Hey man no need to bash its your opinion and your entitled to it.
Whoa...pot meet kettle! :lol:

This from the kid who was slamming Hendrix a few pages back! :rofl3:

Buddwalk
11-17-2005, 08:39 PM
Whoa...pot meet kettle! :lol:

This from the kid who was slamming Hendrix a few pages back! :rofl3:

Im done with that...Off the pot for 2 weeks now starting to uncloud my judgement on music. If i dont have anything nice to say dont say it at all ;)

CalDolFan1014
11-18-2005, 05:57 AM
I know this is a different genre of the guitarists you all are listing, but for me its gotta be Carlos Santana! Hands down! He was and still IS magic on the guitar! :guitar: :beerbang:

Buddwalk
11-18-2005, 07:21 AM
I know this is a different genre of the guitarists you all are listing, but for me its gotta be Carlos Santana! Hands down! He was and still IS magic on the guitar! :guitar: :beerbang:

:yes: listening to black magic woman now ;)

jtoomuch
11-18-2005, 03:22 PM
To me, SRV and Hendrix were totally in a class of their own. I don't think anyone else comes close. I never liked the "Look how fast I can play" guitarists with nothing to say musically. IMO, technique should only be a tool.

Quelonio
11-18-2005, 07:32 PM
Hey man no need to bash its your opinion and your entitled to it. Whatever this top 10, best thing is stupid to me anymore. I made this thread when i was on drugs so it doesnt really matter cause my mind was clouding. I'm beginning to understand with the help of Dday this is no best, theres only your favorites...theres too many guitarists even to make a top 10, top 100, and hell even a top 1000. Just listen to what you enjoy and you have your own opinion on whos your favorite. ;)

True, but I did say taht I have always thought, I did not say that he was overrated, I just feel that way, my opinion is that Santana is not very good...

jtoomuch
11-18-2005, 07:35 PM
True, but I did say taht I have always thought, I did not say that he was overrated, I just feel that way, my opinion is that Santana is not very good...

I also think Santana is pleasant enough, but yes, overrated.

welderpat
11-18-2005, 08:04 PM
This ones 4 Bud

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2403031720429806334&q=page